Some guarentees I will make right here and now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some guarentees I will make right here and now

Wanny is not going any where...

... he's the only reason the team was in position to have a GREAT season before one significant injury.

Cris Carter, well that's no ones fault now is it? I want to say something offensive here, but why even bother.

I agree with you about the possibility of this defense being broken up, at the very least 1 or 2 players will be gone. Not because of salary cap, the Dolphins are actually in good shape as far as the cap next year.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Samphin
Guarentees for this season.

1- Lucas is terrible and won't be on this team next year as a second string quarterback. If he is fortunate enough to even keep a job it will be 3rd stringer at best.

2- This team will not make the playoffs this year. Lucas allows defenses to stack the line. We can't win with that imbecile as our qb. Early draft pick next year.

3- We will draft offensive linemen and a rookie qb next spring.

4- Wannstedt will be GONE after this season. He ha smade some good personal moves and some TERRIBLE ones as well. He cannot rally this team together, therefore it is time to get someone else in here.

5- Cris Carter was the worst signing next to Lucas we could have made. I bet he doesn't play one more down for us. Mark my words, we are spending money on a guy who won't do jack for our team.

6-Zack Thomas will be injured or worn down at season's end. Defense is playing too long out there. He is gonna get beat up again.

7-Defense will be broken up at season's end. Salary cap hell is among us next season. We aren't going naywhere this season. Don't be surprised to see some players cut and go elsewhere when they don't want to restructure for a sub par team.

Lucas didn't what?

... how many times did Lucas bounce the ball 5-yards in front of our WR's tonight? How many INT's were dropped by the Yets defenders? A QB helps to win games, they aren't there to not lose games. Contrary to what many think of the QB position, they always factor in on the over all success of a team.

Goes to show you how under appreciated Fiedler was and is still by some.

Oliver...

Originally posted by stormn1
1 - Lucas didn't play great, but he didn't lose this game.
2 - too early to say that. Big logjam in the AFC Beast.
3 - We'll definitely look at O-Line, but I doubt we go QB unless somebody drops. LB is a need, too.
4 - You're talking emotionally. Wanny isn't leaving and he's done a far better job with this team than Shula (sacreligious as it sounds) did in his last few years or JJ did at all.
5 - Every team in the NFL has dead cap money. Unless there's a serious kidney problem, Carter will be back.....and will make plays.
6 - Can't disagree here. But could we please defend a screen. I keep having Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas flashbacks.
7 - Salary cap hell is every year. For the most part Wannspiel do and are doing a good job of managing it.

I don't remember what it feels like to be winning at any point in a game. Now is the time to bet on the Dolphins to win it all in Vegas. Odds will now go up on the Fish with no respect but soon as Fiedler comes back this is the team that can and will beat anyone.

Originally posted by Samphin

I agree that Wanny has had some good players come in since his tenure but I have a sneaking suspicion that he isn't the braintrust behind these moves. I lean toawrds Speilman moreso than Wanny.

Samphin had to trim down your post, but I agree with a lot of what you said. Especially on the Chambers TD reversal.

When it comes to Wanny, I think back to the last two seasons, when we went 11-5. We all have to admit, that's impressive, but can he take us all the way? Part of me hopes he can and the other part would like a complete change next year. A new head coach with a new staff. Maybe a scheme like the west coast offense for a change. I figure, if Norv leaves, Jay will be learning a new offensive scheme anyway, might as well make a complete change then and hope the entire staff stays around a while.

:) :) :)

Re: Lucas didn't what?

Originally posted by Oliver
... how many times did Lucas bounce the ball 5-yards in front of our WR's tonight? How many INT's were dropped by the Yets defenders? A QB helps to win games, they aren't there to not lose games. Contrary to what many think of the QB position, they always factor in on the over all success of a team.

Goes to show you how under appreciated Fiedler was and is still by some.

Oliver...

You should let this Feidler thing go, Oliver. Can't you talk about Ray without bringing up Jay? I was one that thought Feidler couldn't take us all the way, but that didn't mean I thought Ray was better than Jay. With Ray, I wasn't sure because I really didn't get to see him play that much. Recently, I even commented that Jay does look like Montana compared to Ray. Of course, as Ray stinks it up, I will continue to support him, but I do look forward to Jay returning because he is our only hope this year in making the playoffs. With that said, I do think we need to look at getting another young QB in here to back up Jay and learn for a year or two and eventually be our guy.

Steve Young said yesterday that Garcia can't make all the throws and he considers Garcia the top QB behind Brett Farve. I think that maybe my standards were to high and that I was a little tough on Jay because he can't make all the throws, either. I consider Garcia and Jay to be simular QB's. Both are very bright, mobil and win. Feidler propably won't get the recognition that Garcia does, but thats okay with me. I'm gonna get off Jays back and appreciate him more.

Also I agree with you on Lucas. It was his game to win and he didn't do it. With Jay, we probably would have won that game. Another thing I notice about Ray, especially on that last play, is he throws his passes low. I wonder if he is trying to protect his receivers (especially Chambers) by not throwing it high, where they will get crushed going up for it. I feel Jay would have thrown it higher and it would have been caught, maybe leaving Chambers a little exposed. The difference? One we definately lose, the other? maybe we win.

Re: Re: Lucas didn't what?

Originally posted by SWS84
You should let this Feidler thing go, Oliver. Can't you talk about Ray without bringing up Jay? I was one that thought Feidler couldn't take us all the way, but that didn't mean I thought Ray was better than Jay. With Ray, I wasn't sure because I really didn't get to see him play that much. Recently, I even commented that Jay does look like Montana compared to Ray. Of course, as Ray stinks it up, I will continue to support him, but I do look forward to Jay returning because he is our only hope this year in making the playoffs. With that said, I do think we need to look at getting another young QB in here to back up Jay and learn for a year or two and eventually be our guy.

Steve Young said yesterday that Garcia can't make all the throws and he considers Garcia the top QB behind Brett Farve. I think that maybe my standards were to high and that I was a little tough on Jay because he can't make all the throws, either. I consider Garcia and Jay to be simular QB's. Both are very bright, mobil and win. Feidler propably won't get the recognition that Garcia does, but thats okay with me. I'm gonna get off Jays back and appreciate him more.

Also I agree with you on Lucas. It was his game to win and he didn't do it. With Jay, we probably would have won that game. Another thing I notice about Ray, especially on that last play, is he throws his passes low. I wonder if he is trying to protect his receivers (especially Chambers) by not throwing it high, where they will get crushed going up for it. I feel Jay would have thrown it higher and it would have been caught, maybe leaving Chambers a little exposed. The difference? One we definately lose, the other? maybe we win.

No he is not trying to protect no one that just how the ball comes out because of his release...Jeff Garcia Arm strenght is worst than Fiedler..Fiedler actually has a good arm and he can make all the throws..During Mini Camps I saw Jay throw some nice deep balls..

Nope!

... sorry no can do, just like you couldn't stop saying the lies so many of you Fiedler haters said over and over about Fiedler and how much better Lucas was than Fiedler. If you don’t like it, next time don’t talk so much JUNK. You may just get JUNK back.

Your man sucks, and it's the only pleasure I can find in the middle of this losing streak your man has brought onto this team. I hope you're happy with your QB, I still think of him as freaking Jets player. I never thought he was even good enough to be 2nd string, the guy is pure crap, and always has been.

What I find funny is how some are trying to pass this most recent loss off on others on this team. Only the narrow minded can't see how the rest of the team is trying so hard to cover up Lucas' lack of talent. I will not blame players who are talented that are only trying extra hard because the QB sucks so much. The root problem is Lucas, and Lucas alone.

0-3 with him and -13 in the turnover column. End of story.

Oliver...

Originally posted by SWS84

Re: Nope!

... sorry no can do, just like you couldn't stop saying the lies so many of you Fiedler haters said over and over about Fiedler and how much better Lucas was than Fiedler. If you don’t like it, next time don’t talk so much JUNK. You may just get JUNK back.

Your man sucks, and it's the only pleasure I can find in the middle of this losing streak your man has brought onto this team. I hope you're happy with your QB, I still think of him as freaking Jets player. I never thought he was even good enough to be 2nd string, the guy is pure crap, and always has been.

What I find funny is how some are trying to pass this most recent loss off on others on this team. Only the narrow minded can't see how the rest of the team is trying so hard to cover up Lucas' lack of talent. I will not blame players who are talented that are only trying extra hard because the QB sucks so much. The root problem is Lucas, and Lucas alone.

Oliver...

ROTFLMAO!! This is good stuff! Keep feeding that crow to them! That is what they get for wearing sh*t stained glasses when looking at Fiedler!

Got what you wished for...now it ain't so fun to have that crow cake now is it?

Your kidding me, right?

Oliver...

Let me point out a couple of things...

First of all, I think you have me mixed up with someone else because I never said Lucas was better than Feidler and that he should be starting over Feidler and I challenge you to find a post where I did!

And as for being a Feidler hater, that is a matter of opinion. I stand by my rights as a fan to be able to express my disappointment in a player or coach and yet still be able to support that person as a player on our team. I'm sure you have expressed opinions on a player or two that wasn't favorable. That's your opinion and you should be entitled to express it and discuss it should someone have a different view.

In my post, I was trying to be a man about it by admitting I was probably a little to harsh on Jay in regards to my expectations of a QB. After watching Lucas struggle so badly in this offense, I decided that maybe I wasn't giving Jay enough credit. So I decided and stated that I would get off his back. However, that doesn't mean I'll stand by and be your whipping boy for every fan that has expressed their displeasure in Jay. Aren't you being a little pompous here? I would hate to think that the second coming of Christ has come, right here in my own home town of Orlando, and I had missed it.

As for those who did think that Lucas would be better than Jay, obviously they were mistaking. Just like the coaching staff was when they thought he would be a good backup to Jay. Remember, the rumors that some of the coaching staff wanted to go with Ray, instead of Jay. Lucas fooled those who should know better than anybody, so it's understandable that fans could be fooled also.

:D :cool: :D

that damn lucas.........

in the buffalo game, he turned the ball over so much, the fins were still up on blocks!

in the greenbay game, if he takes the team down and scores instead of throwing into quadruple coverage and an INT for a td we're lookin at 17-17 tie. not to mention carters turn overs and mcdrop! we coulda won

then last night was the coup ge gras! according to wanny that fumble was lucas, and lucas alone, edwards had no idea the ball was coming. sure, he didn't throw a pick, but thats thanks to a penalty and the fact the jets just can't catch. then the refs took over from there. even the announcers said, the yellow flag was the best offense the jets had.

screw the next game, i'll wait until fiedler comes back. heck we had home field locked up BL. (before lucas) now were probably looking at a wild card!:rolleyes: :(

People seem to be riduculing me for saying Wanny should be gone. I stand by my statement and will go further. A lot of the talent that is here now, was brought in by Jimmy Johnson and learned a lot of their game under Johnson. They happened to mature under Wannstedt's watch. Mostly the defense. Taylor, Thomas, Surtain, Madison. Gardener. T. Bowens came in under Shula I believe. Derrick Rodgers also came form Jimmy's era. Those are your main players on defense, they all came in under a different coach. Who has Wanny brought in? Greenwood and Fletcher and Freeman(although he could have been a Jimmy player, I think he is a Wanny guy though). He also brought in through free agency and trades the following: D.Bowens, Burnett, Chester, Ogunleye, Jay Williams.

You could argue that Ogunleye and Chester are the only real significant playmakers on that list and they aren't as consistent as they need to be. His draft of Offense is a little better with Chambers and McMicheal being studs. However, he has failed to shore up the o-line and every position is thin on the Offense. His collection of talent he has brought in includes: Lucas, McKnight, Perry, Searcy who got injuredbut really, who didn't see that coming from a mile away? He also failed to draft a linebacker or bring one in via free agency and used a draft pick on a running back which is about the deepest position on this team. I know I can't blame him for all personel moves but my point is our 11-5 records under Wanny seem to be with guys he didn't bring in but what the old regime did. Once he started infiltrating his guys into the lineup and second string, our depth isn't very good and our defense isn't as good as years passed (They are still Very good though, don't get me wrong). It just seems that he mortgaged the next few years of draft picks for players who weren't worth it and it is coming to light now.

Back
Top Bottom