Some guarentees I will make right here and now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some guarentees I will make right here and now

Wannestatd also brought in Jay Fiedler, drafted Todd Wade, and drafted Travis Minor. Lets not forget that he showed that he does roll the dice by trading for Ricky. I guarentee he'll be back b/c he is a damn good coach.

It just seems that he mortgaged the next few years of draft picks for players who weren't worth it and it is coming to light now.

Are you talking about Ricky Williams?

I wasn't tlaking about just Ricky Williams. I think we got a heck of a back and would take the trade again in an instant. He traded a 4th rounder for Jay Williams who has done nothing. He traded a 2nd last year for Morlon who isn't really doing much. Combine that with losing a first rounder this past offseason and possibly a first or second this year. All these moves were meant to stack this team for the Super Bowl now. That doesn't look like it is gonna happen so... draw your own conclusions.

Again I would do the Williams trade again. I wouldn not have traded a fourth rounder for Jay Williams though. People who think the 4th round can't get you anything then look at McMicheal. I also wouldn't have traded a draft pick for Greenwood, and that isn't hindsight.

Feidler was a good pick, I never said Wanny was a complete moron. However, for a few years Feidler was on the fence. His place is cemented now. Wade has had one good season, one bad season and this season hasn't been impressive so I fail to see your point there. Minor is good I suppose. I love him returning kicks as I think all running backs should return kicks personally. However, he won't do much else as he isn't big enough and being stuffed behind two quality backs. He never showed anything when he played before except I think one big run against the colts (?) last year.

I think what it boils down too is that under pressure, this teams cracks. It has shown themselves not to be able to beat the top notch teams over the past few years (excluding the Broncos this year). It has no depth, one injury ruins any momentum we could have, and his roster negatives outweight his positives in my opinion. That is why he should be gone.

The Picks we aren't going to have next draft:
our 7th,
our 1/2/3(Most likely 2nd),
and our 4th. We will still have, at worst, our 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th.

Minor had a good rookie year as a 3rd down back. He pushed Lamar for playing time, and almost became the starter.

so we have four draft picks and could possibly not have a first rounder for a second straight year. Four draft picks isn't much and if trends continue, a 6th and 7th might mean practice squad fodder which means they don't contribute. I am looking at it through the worst case scenario and it doesn't look like a great draft next year for us unless we somehow grab a great player

I forgot Minor couldn't beat out Lamar Smith for a starting spot. I like Minor but he definately couldn't be a starter at least not with our line. I will say he is a good pick though since he tries so hard and does good on special teams.

Originally posted by Samphin
so we have four draft picks and could possibly not have a first rounder for a second straight year. Four draft picks isn't much and if trends continue, a 6th and 7th might mean practice squad fodder which means they don't contribute. I am looking at it through the worst case scenario and it doesn't look like a great draft next year for us unless we somehow grab a great player

First off, IF we lose our 1st it's b/c of us getting Ricky and Ricky doing well. Also, a lot of great talent is in the 2nd/3rd round.(J.T., Chambers)

we willl have our first williams wont get 1500...Deuce woulda tho

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
we willl have our first williams wont get 1500...Deuce woulda tho

If you love McAlliser so much, go to a Saints site. Its ok to like players from other teams, but you are obssessed with Deuce McAllister.

They traded RW to get to Deuce...they had had enough of RW and wanted rid of him. They wouldn't have traded Deuce so get over it!

I don't think dolphins2002 is actually a Dolphin fan. He speaks too much of other teams and specifically the Saints.

Booyeah, Yes there is a lot of talent in the second and third rounds, I never disputed that. There are also a lot of players who never pan out is all I was saying. With us not having a lot of draft picks, it makes it rougher on us if we "waste: a pick on someone who doesn't pan out. Nevertheless, this looks like an issue that we will have to agree to disagree on.
In closing, I don't believe Wannstedt is the worst coach ever. I also believe ha has made some greta decisions and ni actuality could be considered a good coach. However, I don't feel he is the Right Coach for this team at this point.

a lot more of dave's offensive picks have worked out than jimmy's. have you forgotten yatil green and john avery? this talk is just talk based on a 3 game losing streak. look around. there isn't a team that's running away with anything. the talk about wannstedt going 11-5 the last 2 years but not "taking us all the way," does anybody think the last 2 teams have had the talent to win it all? this is really the first time the team has been in place to legitimately contend. a couple of injuries set back the offense, the team goes into a bad slump and that's it??? you could bring back don shula, this team would still be 5-4. there are way too many people on here talking sh*t about their own alleged "favorite" team. nobody has any depth, it's the era of the salary cap. last year, new england was 5-5. they won it all. now if this team pulls together and somehow gets it done, do you want to be eating crow or do you want to be celebrating? did all the raider fans just pack it in after losing 4 in a row? what about the pats' fans? i take a lot of sh*t for being a miami fan (can't help it, i've been a fan since i can remember) and over the past few years i can see why: the ones who really stick in your mind are not cheering for their team, they're whining about something-or-other.

Dplus, as a fan I have the right to cheer or complain when I want to. You complaining about other fans makes you no better than anyone else so save it. Me and Booyeah have differing opinions but I respect his and I will assume he respects mine. I didn't call him any names and nor did he to me. For you to come on and start attacking other fans for voicing their opinions and feelings on a MESSAGE board makes you no better than the fans who "whine."

I never said Wannstedt was a horrible coach. I merely stated my opinion that I felt he wasn't the right coach for the Job. I also praised him for his offensive picks. Perhaps you need to go back and read my previous posts on this topic. Yes these comments are based on the 3 game losing streak. If they had won all those games their wouldn't be a problem. Since this team has so much talent as we agree, and are losing to what I feel are inferior teams, there is a problem. That problem, in my opinion, might be with the coach. I don't think you understand that point.

My main points have been in his talent evaluations that has gone on through the draft, trades and free agents. I am not ocmparing him to Shula or Johnson. I merely stated he has won games on talent he hasn't brought in the past two years. Specifically I mentioned the defense in which the key players came in under someone else's whistle. I praised him for his offensive picks (albeit they have never been this talented before this year, which could argue the offensive coordinator and Spielman again but that is a whole new can of worms). So next time you want to attack the other fans, and assume that we would rather them lose so we can complain rather than whine, think twice and shut up. Good Day.

Back
Top Bottom