Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

This is one guy I was watching closely last season, sucks we wont get to see him again this year unless he changes his mind. But I understand and respect the decision.

There was more tweets yesterday that one of my favorite TE's was opting out as well. Apparently he came forward and said that was false.

Im certain we may see more guys decide not to play. I'm not sure on deadlines and such for college athletes.

Assuming they manage to play some games(and the NFL does too)the preparation for the next Draft is going to be incredibly difficult.

You are going to be projecting guys who did not play VS guys who did play against somewhat watered down competition.

Go back and look at 1st round projections from before and then after a normal college football season.There is a ton of turnover with guys rising and falling.The last 2 overall # 1's were nowhere to be found at this time before the season.

Players who are considered top prospects right now who do not play will be very hard to project, minus the very obvious studs like Parsons or a Trevor Lawrence.

I fear that the whole thing is going to be a huge mess.

Very little college games are played, very little NFL games are played.

What Draft order do you use?

How do you know who to Draft?

It really blows that Miami is so well positioned for this coming Draft(and it means so much to their future).

Parsons and Rousseau are both big time Dolphin targets potentially.

It is going to be more of a gamble taking one of those guys after not seeing them play for a year.

I am happy with Rousseau opt out for sure. For starters, it's a smart move for him or anyone set to make millions next year. Same goes with Micah Parsons but I am a lot interested in taking a LB that high, although I wouldn't be upset to see him on our roster.

I believe Rousseau was going to put himself into the top 4 mix with another strong year and likely out of our grasp. Conversely, there will now be more risk associated with selecting him as you'd want to see that additional years worth of tape.

I am hoping there's like a crazy 8 way tie at 5-11 or 6-10 and we benefit from tie breakers and get one of those top 4/5 picks. Along with maybe a 10-12ish pick from Houston. I suspect out SOS will be pretty weak this year with arguably the worst in the NFL (Jets) and a depleted New England roster.

I'm not too concerned with the Dolphins 2020 outlook, not nearly as much as I am with where our 2021 draft slotting will be. It's hard to get too excited about a season that will likely be nothing but turmoil. Given our current state with so many young players and yet another year of an abundance of draft picks, I just want to see a couple of cornerstone pieces impress and show promise.

That said, who knows what a healthy Dolphins roster might accomplish this year.

Parsons and Rousseau are both big time Dolphin targets potentially.

It is going to be more of a gamble taking one of those guys after not seeing them play for a year.

For sure. Sometimes you gotta trust your gut so I can see why both did what they did. I kind of want to see Sewell do the same thing. I want a shot at multiple blue chippers next year.

Rousseau and/or Parsons might be available with the Houston pick which would be awesome.

This was expected. I would expect for any of the top 100 players to follow suite. No use in taking the risk of injury or playing poorly and having your spot dropped.

Matt Miller is anticipating many other top college players are going to opt out, as well. Brobible.com broke the opt out potential a week ago.

Assuming they manage to play some games(and the NFL does too)the preparation for the next Draft is going to be incredibly difficult.

You are going to be projecting guys who did not play VS guys who did play against somewhat watered down competition.

Go back and look at 1st round projections from before and then after a normal college football season.There is a ton of turnover with guys rising and falling.The last 2 overall # 1's were nowhere to be found at this time before the season.

Players who are considered top prospects right now who do not play will be very hard to project, minus the very obvious studs like Parsons or a Trevor Lawrence.

I fear that the whole thing is going to be a huge mess.

Very little college games are played, very little NFL games are played.

What Draft order do you use?

How do you know who to Draft?

It really blows that Miami is so well positioned for this coming Draft(and it means so much to their future).
Agree. It will be more of a challenge. I think you'll see a lot of teams going with the safer picks.

Electric player of course, but tough to view Moore as a first rounder off of just 17 games. That one doesn't make sense to me, unless he or a family member has some health concern.

For sure sucks to not see some of these guys play, but hey, thats a year for them to take less damage on their bodies at least. I wonder how much it will effect the draft stock of guys like Parsons or Rousseau

Back
Top Bottom