Some of these Fiedler haters... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these Fiedler haters...

Go watch an old Cowboys game. Aikman could hit receivers all over the field when the defense was all over the run.

Originally posted by Jaj
Go watch an old Cowboys game. Aikman could hit receivers all over the field when the defense was all over the run.

He had Michael Irvin, and Alvin Harper catching his passes. Come on ppl. It takes all 3 phases for most passing attacks to work. It's not as simplistic as some of you are making this out to be.

Granted Fiedler is no Aikman.

Oliver...

Alvin Harper was a 700 yard receiver. He was nothing really special. I mean McKnight has had better seasons.

Originally posted by Oliver

He had Michael Irvin, and Alvin Harper catching his passes. Come on ppl. It takes all 3 phases for most passing attacks to work. It's not as simplistic as some of you are making this out to be.

Granted Fiedler is no Aikman.

Oliver...

but Oliver, I think part of his point is that Aikman would regulary deliver the ball that COULD be caught. maybe the reason we have so many "dropped" passes is that the wRS are so shocked when the ball is where it should be!! :goof:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

When I make a reply, i always "quote" someone simply because they;ll know who I;m re:ing to. The quick reply is nice i guess, but during busy times, there can be 2 oe 3 put up before you get yours in and it sort of gets "lost".

Well, yeah, I didn't mean to say that using the quotes was a bad thing.. it's just that it makes the ignore feature a little less effective, heck, I quote folks all the time myself, so I wouldn't intentionally dog anybody for doing it.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

but Oliver, I think part of his point is that Aikman would regulary deliver the ball that COULD be caught. maybe the reason we have so many "dropped" passes is that the wRS are so shocked when the ball is where it should be!! :goof:

No doubt, not implying Fiedler nor anyone else in this passing attack does not need to improve. But our WR's are not the caliber WR's that the Cowboys had. I believe both Michael Irvin and Harper were Pro-Bowl WR's.

I've seen many more dropped balls than poor throws. All I know is in 2001 when the WR was cathching the ball, our deep passing game was one of the best.

Oliver...

Like every week, I hope this is the week Fiedler hits all the open receivers. Only when that happens will other teams stop stacking the box.

Originally posted by Barbarian

Well, yeah, I didn't mean to say that using the quotes was a bad thing.. it's just that it makes the ignore feature a little less effective, heck, I quote folks all the time myself, so I wouldn't intentionally dog anybody for doing it.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that it is a bad thing. It makes it easier for my brain to figure out things, that's all !! ;)

Back
Top Bottom