Some of these Fiedler haters... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Well I went and looked up some #'s and here's where Jay all mighty stands.....24th in the league overall only three QB's have thrown less passes one of witch has a higher rating and less int's the three QB's include B.Leftwitch, K.Stewart, D.McNabb.

I bet you didn't look at games played though did you?? Try subtracting the number people who have played less than 4 games.

Fairbanks, you again? Wow! O.K., let's try this again. For those people who want a change at Q.B., get over it because as I've posted now three times there is no way Jay is coming out barring an injury. That's bottom line according to Wanny who calls the shots. He loves Jay. It's Jay unless he gets hurt. Know it, believe it and understand it. The rest is boring mental masterbation and really a waste of all our time, effort and wit.

Originally posted by FFiB

WTF are you talking about? 80 QBR or 80% completion rate?

If you use QBR take the % out.

Jay's QBR this season....

Game 1: 81
Game 2: 123
Game 3: 55
Game 4: 74

So he fell 3 out of 4 times into your 70 to 80 category. What is your problem?

I support Fiedler but I am not happy with a 80 rating. That shows how much you know.

I want Jay to average 85 to 90 which he can do.
I want Jay to stay around 60 to 63% completion rate which he can do.

Both he has shown in the past.

I want him to be in a 2:1 TD/INT ration...

These are numbers I know Jay can reach and would put him easily in the upper echelon of starting QBs.

I...... would have a QB rating of 70 to 80 if I threw the ball so little look at the leaders in the league Jay couldn't carry their piss buckett, you put up numbers, but you dont show the way the numbers are achived you say what you want from him and yet he has done none of the things this year you want to see. You want avg. 85-90 QB rating....he has not,you want 60-63% completion.... he has not, you want a 2:1 TD to INT ratio....he has not. He has done none of the things that buy your numbers would make him avg at best and you can't understand my discontent?

If Jay would stop making bone headed plays on a regular basis I would be OK with the guy, but how many years of the same thing do you have to see before you realize Jay is nothing more then a five game a year QB? I'll tell you this Jay will never earn a SB ring, play in a probowl or earn the respect of any DC from what I've seen from his illustrious career thus far. IMO, Jay is third string at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... facts are, as for QB Rating, Jays 79.8 Currently has him 13th among guys that were starting as of last week. Not great, but not bad, definately could use an improvement, an improvement that I expect to see when the O-Line pulls their collective heads out of their butts and gives Jay more than 2.6 seconds to throw the damn ball.

As far as passes per game... so what?

Ummm, I thought the idea was to run Ricky till he pukes, facts are that those fewer numbers of passes make things like the INT on that Hail mary at the end of the Houston game look much bigger.

I mean, jesus christ folks... lets do a little experiment shall we?

First, lets see which QB's in the league have lower QB Ratings than Jay. Shall we?

Jake Delhomme,
Kyle Boller,
Tommy Maddox,
Jon Kitna,
Drew Brees,
Tom Brady,
Rich Gannon,
Doug Johnson,
Joey Harrington,
Kerry Collins,
Aaron Brooks,
Trent Green,
Jeff Garcia,
Jeff Blake,
David Carr,
Donovan McNabb,
Kelly Holcomb.

Now thats a big list of guys that wish they were throwing as well as Fiedler... add in jays rushing stats as well, and the list of QB not playing up to his standards grows slightly larger.

Now... lets get back to my point about fewer passes skewing the stats... lets go back to that Hail Mary pick, shall we?

Jays Current QB Rating 79.8 (13th)

Now what if jay hadn't thrown that Hail mary... after all, it's a tossup and not an honest guage of the way he plays... without that one single pass suudenly we have this.

QB Rating W/out the Hail Mary: 84.6

Allmost a full 5 QB Rating points from one single toss up (lets call it what it is, hail marys are hardly passes, their tossups) that Jay had no controll over... oh, and that QB Rating would be good for 7th overall among NFL starters. (tied with Bledsoe)

So as you can see, the fewer number of passes actually hurt Jays numbers, because the BS things like Hail Mary picks are weiged even heavier.

I'll tell you what I see...., a QB that struggles week in week out and some of you are comparing Fiedler to a SB/probowl QB in Aikman, give me a break what does this prove anyways?

It proves that you don't have to have glamorous stats as a QB to lead a team to the Super Bowl in Norv's offense. You just need to have leadership skills and a great supporting cast.

The QB is the leader of the O and that position needs to lead by example so far Jay is not getting it done...........With a QB with a rating of just 70 to 80% we would be an awsome team what's so hard about that?

Jay has a 79.8 rating, we have a 3-1 record and we have already equalled our road win total for all of last year. And that's not getting it done ... how?

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$ The reason some fans such as myself want Jay out is because we actualy want to win a SB! I don't see anything wrong with fans that pay attention and see where the weaknesses are and call for change.

Please ... someone explain to me how it would be good to replace a QB on a 3-1 team. Explain to me how it would not ruin the chemistry on the team. Show me another quarterback who could start the game on Sunday without missing a beat. And more to the point: give me an example of a team in history who made a quarterback change not due to injury with a 3-1 record.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$ There is a reason Jay has never made a probowl

Yes, there is. He has never been one of the best three quarterbacks in the conference. He doesn't have to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Yes, there is. He has never been one of the best three quarterbacks in the conference. He doesn't have to be.

Umm...I find that logic hard to follow. The rest of the team is good so we don't want to have a top-level QB too?

Originally posted by RikWriter

Umm...I find that logic hard to follow. The rest of the team is good so we don't want to have a top-level QB too?

Sure, it would be great if everyone on the offense made the Pro Bowl. But the point I'm making is this: in Norv's offense, we don't NEED the quarterback to be one of the three best in his position (and thus make the Pro Bowl) for the offense to be successful.

Sure, it would be great if everyone on the offense made the Pro Bowl. But the point I'm making is this: in Norv's offense, we don't NEED the quarterback to be one of the three best in his position (and thus make the Pro Bowl) for the offense to be successful.

Norv's offense, as someone else pointed out, has made mediocre QBs look great. That doesn't speak too well of Fiedler that he still looks mediocre.

Who said that? we all would want a top flite qb. Who do you suggest we cut in order to get the money? See the diff is you ignore everything that doesnt fit your argument. We would love to have another Marino to go along with Rickey, but cap won't allow it. You spend 7+ mil a year on a qb and see who is cut on defense. Look at Favre, he is a great qb, but is sadlled with avg receivers and an avg defense. How many super bowls does he have? 1 back in 96 when they actually had some breaks and above avg receivers and a back. Look at the rams when warner was healthy and hot, their defense was adequate but got caught. They almost lost to Tenn. The other issue is if you go ahead and have solid units all around, you have absolutely zero depth, none, one injury will kill you. Everyone knows Jay cannot attempt passes he knows he cannot complete because he doesnt have the arm strength, he needs to do better. But he has not lost us any games, keep spinning the Houston game, but the defense played a large role in that as well.

So stop spinning everything someone says so you can look like your argument is more valid. Wanting and getting based on the makeup of this team are 2 diff things. We surrounded Jay with enough weapons to allow him to be successful, the #2 receiver needs to step up as well, Thompson has not been a factor and is not taking heat off CC.

I love that because we support fiedler we are blind and overlook his weaknesses. Yet you are seeing everything and being objective, only in your own mind. We see teh weaknesses, we acknowledge Jay has made bad decisions and needs to make better throws, but we also see that jay has also made plays that have contributed to us winning games. You only see the bad plays, ignoring the good.

These threads on Fiedler sure are hard to stay away from. I'm going to try very hard to make this my last post on the subject.
I support the Dolphins as a team. This is a new NFL season. We are 3-1, with a tough game coming up. I don't care who is at quarterback as long as the team is coming out with W's. I will support Fiedler until because of his play we start coming out with L's. I don't remember a game where that has happened although I wouldn't doubt there has been some. Most of the time when we lose a game it has been due to collapses in other aspects of the game, ie. special teams or defense, or receivers dropping passes. Those who hate Fiedler, hate him all you want. It's not going to change the fact that he is the quarterback. Rant and rave all you want, you don't have the say as to who the QB is. Continue to hate him and be miserable as you watch the games. I'm happy that we are 3-1 and looking forward to Sunday.

Norv's offense, as someone else pointed out, has made mediocre QBs look great. That doesn't speak too well of Fiedler that he still looks mediocre.

Yes, Fiedler looks mediocre. And we're 3-1. And that's fine. Talk of replacing him now (which I don't believe you're advocating, but others on this thread have) is ridiculous.

Yes, Fiedler looks mediocre. And we're 3-1. And that's fine. Talk of replacing him now (which I don't believe you're advocating, but others on this thread have) is ridiculous.

It wouldn't be ridiculous if we had someone on the bench like a Chad Pennington or a Marc Bulger, but we obviously don't. Which depresses me, given that we've had plenty of chances to get such QBs in the draft. I am concerned about our front office's lack of ability to bring in a good young QB.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Okay... facts are, as for QB Rating, Jays 79.8 Currently has him 13th among guys that were starting as of last week. Not great, but not bad, definately could use an improvement, an improvement that I expect to see when the O-Line pulls their collective heads out of their butts and gives Jay more than 2.6 seconds to throw the damn ball.

As far as passes per game... so what?

Ummm, I thought the idea was to run Ricky till he pukes, facts are that those fewer numbers of passes make things like the INT on that Hail mary at the end of the Houston game look much bigger.

I mean, jesus christ folks... lets do a little experiment shall we?

First, lets see which QB's in the league have lower QB Ratings than Jay. Shall we?

Jake Delhomme,
Kyle Boller,
Tommy Maddox,
Jon Kitna,
Drew Brees,
Tom Brady,
Rich Gannon,
Doug Johnson,
Joey Harrington,
Kerry Collins,
Aaron Brooks,
Trent Green,
Jeff Garcia,
Jeff Blake,
David Carr,
Donovan McNabb,
Kelly Holcomb.

Now thats a big list of guys that wish they were throwing as well as Fiedler... add in jays rushing stats as well, and the list of QB not playing up to his standards grows slightly larger.

Now... lets get back to my point about fewer passes skewing the stats... lets go back to that Hail Mary pick, shall we?

Jays Current QB Rating 79.8 (13th)

Now what if jay hadn't thrown that Hail mary... after all, it's a tossup and not an honest guage of the way he plays... without that one single pass suudenly we have this.

QB Rating W/out the Hail Mary: 84.6

Allmost a full 5 QB Rating points from one single toss up (lets call it what it is, hail marys are hardly passes, their tossups) that Jay had no controll over... oh, and that QB Rating would be good for 7th overall among NFL starters. (tied with Bledsoe)

So as you can see, the fewer number of passes actually hurt Jays numbers, because the BS things like Hail Mary picks are weiged even heavier.

You see, it is impossible to rebuke hard cold facts!
Excellent post!

The fact is if Jay were getting the Job done we would not be on the 5th page of this thread. Some fans want a QB that doesn't struggle every week and scare the hell out of them every time he drops back to throw a pass. " Jay's getting the job done".... Jay's not getting the job done everyone else is. If Jay were doing his part we would be putting up thirty points a game. The fact is numbers tell only part of the story here there is the Intagibles the little things that dont show up on yhe stat sheet I.E. Marino's qiuck release, Ricky's vision and quick burst, Montana's leadership.....What does fiedler have DUMBO ears? THE GUY IS A BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we win despite Jay? hmmmm. I guess someone else ran those draws or made the third down passes, good point. He is doing enough to win, period. like or dont like it dont matter. If Jay wasnt getting it done, we would not be 3-1. This is a stupid argument based on opinions and NO facts.

Back
Top Bottom