Some of these Fiedler haters... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these Fiedler haters...

Re: Re: Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by RikWriter

The thing is, those good QBs that do get intercepted? Most of them also throw some good, long passes to offset the INTs. In fact, the good ones actually throw more TD passes than interceptions by a good margin.

That is a very good point Rik. No one is perfect but the difference between bad, avg, good and great is simply CONSISTENCY!
Any player can have a good or great string of plays. But can they do it consistently enough to overcome mistakes they make.
The good and great do. Take Baseball, the difference between a lousy hitter and a Hall of Fame hitter is just 1 more lousy hit out of every 10 plate appearances. That's it. Consistency.
Jay has a problem with that, he dosen't suck but he dosen't have the goods to scare defenses either.

The great ones mess up but there mistakes usually... not always but more often than not, their mistakes are made up for with big plays. Their big plays are momentum swings that more than make up for their mistakes. Favre is a prime example. Hell he can throw 2 pics in a game but still make 4 TD passes that are needle threading rockets that win the game.

Look at Ricky.... He fumbles sure, but you know at any minute Ricky himself can turn a game completely around on his own. Jay does not have that ability. I think most of us on here that are lableled "Jay haters" don't hate him but we just get frustrated by his inconsistency. There will be no end to this argument though because both sides are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.

Jay is our QB this year though so although I'm not a Fiedler fanatic I certainly do hope he steps up his play as the season goes on. We will need him to shine in a couple of games to make it all the way.

Ice I expect more from a moderator than this. If you think that we have no right to complain then prove us wrong instead of trying to group us in a category as you seem to have and calling out people for doing nothing other than posting.

Nah, this is easier for them. Especially considering the fact that they have nothing else because Jay has been stinkin up the place this yr.

Get used to it fellas, this is Jay's swan song year and so far he's an ugly duckling. The press alone will eat him alive before yrs end.

Fact:
Jay has never thrown for over 300 yards as a Dolphin QB
Fact:
Jay has never ranked in the top 10 QBs in this league
Fadct:
Jay has never had one consistent season. He is good some games then bad some others.
Fact:
Jay has yet to have one reallly good game this year.
Fact:
Not only did Jay throw two passes into the arms of Giants defenders, he over threw recievers all day.
Fact:
After the TExans and Jets games the Coaches said Jay was not seeing open WRs. After this game Dave said Jay is not playing well.

Guys do the math. Top defense, top RB, and bottom 15 QB??????
We will never beat the KC, Denver, or Tampas of the league with Jay at QB. The team has passed him by. Jay must go. When was the last really good game Jay had. I defy anyone to give me stats that showed Jay was an impact player in the last two years???

Originally posted by fin-atic
Fact:
Fact:
Fadct:
Jay has never had one consistent season. He is good some games then bad some others.
Fact:
Fact:
Not only did Jay throw two passes into the arms of Giants defenders, he over threw recievers all day.
Fact:
After the TExans and Jets games the Coaches said Jay was not seeing open WRs. After this game Dave said Jay is not playing well.

We will never beat the KC, Denver, or Tampas of the league with Jay at QB. The team has passed him by. Jay must go. When was the last really good game Jay had. I defy anyone to give me stats that showed Jay was an impact player in the last two years???

Your so called FACTS are very wrong.

Jay has thrown for 310 yards against the Chiefs last year. He also threw for 320 yards TWO years ago in New England.

Jay was ranked #6 or #7 in the NFL before the injury last year in Denver.

Most QB's struggle at some point during a season, even the ELITE ones. Only the ALL-TIME GREAT ones can put an entire season like that together. I have never seen anyone imply Jay is that type of QB. Jay had a good season last year.

I'd say his game in NY this year WAS GREAT. Obviously that is an opinion, just as you saying he has not played GREAT this year.

He did not over throw receivers all day, in fact he actually completed some passes.

No one played well during the TEXANS game, so what?

Actually Jay was the 15th ranked QB in the entire NFL last year as far QBR. He is not a bottom 15 QB.

Jay was 7-3 last year, all QB's are judged by wins and losses. There is your stat that proves you wrong about Jay.

I suggest you do more research and stop spinning your opinions off as FACTS.

Oliver...

Fact:
Fact:
Fadct:
Fact:
Fact:
Fact:

Just could'nt stay out of these Jay debates any longer huh Finatic?:lol:

I know you tried. I swear off getting into them everytime I come on here but then I read some comment that brings me right back in.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I'm the Fiedler "He's here so what can you do, sheeeeeeeet, I don't give a F" type.

We can win with him and I know that. But I also know that he isn't much better than average. But with the D, Ricky, Chambers, Randy, Mare's clutch kicking, and Fiedler's heart, desire, and leadership.. we can win a Super Bowl.

Would I like to see another QB in here NEXT year? Of course.

I fall into this catagory, except I'm going to let Fiedler have it when he screws up, and I'll offer him praise when he does well.

I'll even start right here, Fiedler needs to stop throwing stupid passes "right into the hands of a defender". This usually happens in the pocket during a blitz. His vision lacks in the pocket! He don't just deserve a pass cause they were dropped. He is a hard worker, and hard work pays off. He needs to work on this immediately!

I'm still elated that the team, incuding Fiedler has won two road games so early in the season.

I think Wanny is starting to tire of Fiedler's way off passes. I don't know if it has to do with job security or too many close calls. I mean, look, Wanny did get rid of his favorite punter. And he has publicly said Jay hasn't been good.

gunn, Fiedler's had more than that. He had several 300 yard games against Buffalo and Rob Johnson. You need to watch some other football games and see how other QB's aren't perfect either and miss or overthrow open receivers. I saw Garcia overthrow wide open Owens last week.

Re: Re: Re: Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

That is a very good point Rik. No one is perfect but the difference between bad, avg, good and great is simply CONSISTENCY!
Any player can have a good or great string of plays. But can they do it consistently enough to overcome mistakes they make.
The good and great do. Take Baseball, the difference between a lousy hitter and a Hall of Fame hitter is just 1 more lousy hit out of every 10 plate appearances. That's it. Consistency.
Jay has a problem with that, he dosen't suck but he dosen't have the goods to scare defenses either.

The great ones mess up but there mistakes usually... not always but more often than not, their mistakes are made up for with big plays. Their big plays are momentum swings that more than make up for their mistakes. Favre is a prime example. Hell he can throw 2 pics in a game but still make 4 TD passes that are needle threading rockets that win the game.

Look at Ricky.... He fumbles sure, but you know at any minute Ricky himself can turn a game completely around on his own. Jay does not have that ability. I think most of us on here that are lableled "Jay haters" don't hate him but we just get frustrated by his inconsistency. There will be no end to this argument though because both sides are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.

Jay is our QB this year though so although I'm not a Fiedler fanatic I certainly do hope he steps up his play as the season goes on. We will need him to shine in a couple of games to make it all the way.

so all of asudden peyton manning is great for what he did the other night but has been inconsistant for 4 years and getting tons of INT's. i doesnt matter who you are, you either win games or you lose them. JF wins football games.

Fact:
Fact:
Fadct:
Fact:
Fact:
Fact:

yeah those arent facts, those are perceptions. kind of like how the democratic party works.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
do not seem to realize that QBs sometimes throw interceptions, and Jay threw none against the Giants! Imagine what is going to happen here when Jay actually does get intercepted.....

He did against the bills. (No smack) It's a good thing (for the fins)the team won. Imagine what will happen if he threw INT and the team lost. Guess who wil be the scapegoat?

Originally posted by gunn34
Also, "2" 300 yard games in 3 years is nothing to brag about.

Who said it was, and who was braging?

Oliver...

Every NFL city has a certain percentage of fans who hate their starting QB and a certain percentage who hate their head coach.

The better the QB, the smaller the percentage, but they always exist.

Someonw posted that Favre has many detractors in GB, we know Manning has many detractors, and many of us will remember that Marino had a significant # as well.

Even in Marino's early years, I can't tell you how many Dolphins fans would tell me that we need a mobile QB.

When you have an average to good QB in Fiedler you will have a lot more detractors than any of the above guys.

IMO, our biggest weakness right now is not Fiedler, but our OL and 2nd WR.

Originally posted by Jaj
Ice I expect more from a moderator than this. If you think that we have no right to complain then prove us wrong instead of trying to group us in a category as you seem to have and calling out people for doing nothing other than posting.

I believe his "moderation" specialty is the Smack board. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom