Some of these Fiedler haters... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by fin-atic
Fact:
Jay has never thrown for over 300 yards as a Dolphin QB
Fact:
Jay has never ranked in the top 10 QBs in this league
Fadct:
Jay has never had one consistent season. He is good some games then bad some others.
Fact:
Jay has yet to have one reallly good game this year.
Fact:
Not only did Jay throw two passes into the arms of Giants defenders, he over threw recievers all day.
Fact:
After the TExans and Jets games the Coaches said Jay was not seeing open WRs. After this game Dave said Jay is not playing well.

Guys do the math. Top defense, top RB, and bottom 15 QB??????
We will never beat the KC, Denver, or Tampas of the league with Jay at QB. The team has passed him by. Jay must go. When was the last really good game Jay had. I defy anyone to give me stats that showed Jay was an impact player in the last two years???

Fact #1 was wrong. He has thrown for 300 yard games.
Fact #2 is wrong. He was ranked #9 in 2001. You need to change the word Fact for Opinion.

http://www.cheatsheets.net/qbstats01.cfm

this may have been covered and if so, i apologize, but... let's assume for a moment all the anti-Fiedler sentiment here is 100% correct. now, that being said, we must consider what Fiedler make this year against the cap? i am not 100% sure but i think i read a figure between 4 to 6 mill... i am pretty sure he isnt in the top ten money making QBs... so to those who are adamant he must go; who else would you be willing to give up because of cap restrictions to have a "better" QB? because whoever it may be, to upgrade QB is gonna cost a bunch, so you have to be willing to say goodbye to some defensive talent for sure.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Thompson (I'm calling it now) is a bust for us.

I completely agree...he has done nothing for us at all.

Hating on your QB is a fact of life on every NFL message board at some point, no matter who the QB is. Before the Bills Philly game I lurked on the Eagle site a bit and the members were split on whether McNabb should be supported, benched for Coy Detmer or traded for a bag of footballs.
If Jay was any better your OC might be tempted to not give Ricky the ball 30 times a game which is your simple formula for winning. You're 3-1- be happy!

Doe's anyone think Sage can run this team he did a fine job in preseason why not give him a shot? Now... before it's too late. He has a better arm ,more accurate, he's bigger, he knows the O just as well and he can't play any worse.

I would love for Jay to get the Job done, but he has not. Norv would rather have Sage in there to begin with, anyone disagree? Please tell me why Jay is better, because at this point Jay is the weak link on the team and a good DC will exploit him.
Wanny has made some good changes to his style this past off season I don't see Jay hanging on much longer.

BTW, there are quite a few teams that play their backups and they come in and light things up look at Brady just two years ago a second year player wins the SB not to mention Bulger, the kid in Baltimore... Redman, and the kid in Cleveland...Holcomb. Sage is good enough to run this team

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Doe's anyone think Sage can run this team he did a fine job in preseason why not give him a shot? Now... before it's too late. He has a better arm ,more accurate, he's bigger, he knows the O just as well and he can't play any worse.

I would love for Jay to get the Job done, but he has not. Norv would rather have Sage in there to begin with, anyone disagree? Please tell me why Jay is better, because at this point Jay is the weak link on the team and a good DC will exploit him.
Wanny has made some good changes to his style this past off season I don't see Jay hanging on much longer.

BTW, there are quite a few teams that play their backups and they come in and light things up look at Brady just two years ago a second year player wins the SB not to mention Bulger, the kid in Baltimore and the kid in Cleveland. Sage is good enough to run this team

Maybe, but I also think if you were to replace every mention of Sage in the above paragraph with Ray Lucas , you would have a post from one year ago!

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Doe's anyone think Sage can run this team he did a fine job in preseason why not give him a shot?

Sage managed to look mediocre against the third stringers in the preseason. He certainly didn't impress me. He might grow into a starter-caliber QB at some point but IMHO he hasn't reached that point.

Jay is fine for Norv Turner's offense

Take a look at Troy Aikman's career stats, bearing in mind that Aikman was a poster boy for success in the Norv Turner offense:

QB rating: 81.6
TD/INT ratio: 1.17 to 1
Yards per carry: 3.17
Rushing TDs (12+ seasons): 9

Now look at Fiedler's career stats:

QB rating: 79.6
TD/INT ratip: 1.12 to 1
Yards per carry: 4.1
Rushing TDS (3+ seasons): 9

Pretty darn similar. And think of the legions of Cowboy fans who wanted Aikman thrown out on his ear. Oh, wait ... that's right ...

Originally posted by RikWriter

Sage managed to look mediocre against the third stringers in the preseason. He certainly didn't impress me. He might grow into a starter-caliber QB at some point but IMHO he hasn't reached that point.

Well Jay looks mediocre to me so why not give Sage a shot? I remember Sage in the pre season against the Bucs D and he ran the team back into the game. If I remember correctly Gannon was never Impressive until he went to Oakland maybe Sage just needs a chance with this team. Whats he gonna do?... throw int's and incompletions? Sounds alot like what we have right now anyways.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by finfan54

so all of asudden peyton manning is great for what he did the other night but has been inconsistant for 4 years and getting tons of INT's.

Are you saying Peyton Manning is a QB at the level of Jay Fiedler?

All of a sudden he's great? Where ya been? Under a rock?
Peyton has always been good. Prime example of someone who can make mistakes but has the talent to overcome them more times than not.

i doesnt matter who you are, you either win games or you lose them. JF wins football games.

Yep it is Jay Fiedler who is responsible for this teams victories.
Just like it was our Defense that was responsible for all of our 45-38 victories during the Marino era. :rolleyes:

Hell RB Tony Nathan won us 14 games and took us to our last super bowl appearance in '84! Although our running game sucked........... hmmmmm? Gee, I guess he didn'nt really have any more of an affect on our teams record that year than say Jay Fiedler has on this one............

I think we should sit Ricky and give Minor a shot. Ricky hasn't been running well lately.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Hell RB Tony Nathan won us 14 games and took us to our last super bowl appearance in '84! Although our running game sucked........... hmmmmm?

I guess it depends on how you define "sucked" but I would consider the Dolphins rushing game in 1984 to be quite good.
Here are the stats:

484 rushes for 1918 yards, 4 YPC, and 18 TD's. Also our leading rusher for that year was Woody Bennett, Nathan was 2nd.

The Fins used Bennett, Nathan, and Joe Carter interchangeably and those three combined for 362 carries for 1659 yards, a 4.6 ypc average.

Also, they had a very good goal line back in Pete Johnson who had 9 TD's that year.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I think we should sit Ricky and give Minor a shot. Ricky hasn't been running well lately.

Great Idea!

We can also bench JT for Otis Grigsby. He hasn't been getting any sacks so the hell with him.

Back
Top Bottom