Some of these Fiedler haters... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these Fiedler haters...

Originally posted by zachseau13

Great Idea!

We can also bench JT for Otis Grigsby. He hasn't been getting any sacks so the hell with him.

Now your talking. Maybe we can get some players in there who will win some games.

I find it interesting that NOBODY bit on the Fiedler/Aikman comparison. And it actually lines up well with the Tony Nathan discussion:

Neither Fiedler nor Aikman has(had) sparkling individual numbers, but they function(ed) well within the system.

Same with Tony Nathan. Was he a top tier runing back? Heck, no. Was he suited for the offense at the time? Yup.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I find it interesting that NOBODY bit on the Fiedler/Aikman comparison. And it actually lines up well with the Tony Nathan discussion:

Neither Fiedler nor Aikman has(had) sparkling individual numbers, but they function(ed) well within the system.

Same with Tony Nathan. Was he a top tier runing back? Heck, no. Was he suited for the offense at the time? Yup.

I liked it. The people who defend Fiedler already know it. The ones that hate Fiedler don't want to see it. Nice research.

First of all there is a difference in J.T. to Grisby than Jay to Griese or Sage. A huge one from Ricky to Minor. You cannot compare it like this, it is ridiculus.

Oh well I guess I will be attacked by the Fiedler protection crew if I say that he needs to play much better this season if we are going to have a chance so far he has missed alot of opportunities.

I'll tell you what I see...., a QB that struggles week in week out and some of you are comparing Fiedler to a SB/probowl QB in Aikman, give me a break what does this prove anyways?... who cares? The fact is every team needs luck to win a SB so far we have been lucky. This will not last forever. RB is not the leader of the O nor the WR,TE,or the FB. The QB is the leader of the O and that position needs to lead by example so far Jay is not getting it done...........With a QB with a rating of just 70 to 80% we would be an awsome team what's so hard about that?

Jays rating is just about 58%......not good! The reason some fans such as myself want Jay out is because we actualy want to win a SB! I don't see anything wrong with fans that pay attention and see where the weaknesses are and call for change. If your one of the fans that don't see Jay as a liability then you must be watching another game. There is a reason Jay has never made a probowl, and also why opposing DC don't game plan Fiedler. Be honest with yourself you would trade Fiedler for nearly any other QB in the league, and probably half the backups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I'll tell you what I see...., a QB that struggles week in week out and some of you are comparing Fiedler to a SB/probowl QB in Aikman, give me a break what does this prove anyways?... who cares? The fact is every team needs luck to win a SB so far we have been lucky. This will not last forever. RB is not the leader of the O nor the WR,TE,or the FB. The QB is the leader of the O and that position needs to lead by example so far Jay is not getting it done...........With a QB with a rating of just 70 to 80% we would be an awsome team what's so hard about that?

Jays rating is just about 58%......not good! The reason some fans such as myself want Jay out is because we actualy want to win a SB! I don't see anything wrong with fans that pay attetion and see where the weaknesses are and call for change. If your one of the fans that don't see Jay as a liability then you must be watching another game. There is a reason Jay has never made a probowl, and also why opposing DC don't game plan Fiedler. Be honest with yourself you would trade Fiedler for nearly any other QB in the league, and probably half the backups.

I really love you people who state fiction as if it were fact and expect no challenge. Fiedler has a rating of 79.8. Try looking it up.
Another poster stated as fact that Fiedler has never thrown for 300 yds and that he has never been in the top 10. Both proven wrong by the facts. He is not playing well right now and I have no argument with that. But you people that want to replace him don't have a leg to stand on. Just opinion.

What was jays rating last week against the Giants? If Jay has an 80% rating then that would have to be because of one strong game only and not a consistent basis. What is he anyways... your uncle? for you to defend him shows loyallty only you are the one without a leg to stand on.

Funny thing I noticed is that Fiedler was better the last two years. He was reasonably accurate in comparison in the 2001 to 2002 pre-injury span. Considering he had Smith in the backfield in 2001 and **** for an OL he did very well and had 3200 passing yards on a run first team. I don't know why he is not getting his throws in there anymore.

Man why don't we change the subject. We all want Jay to play better, it's just a matter of degrees and how we express it. I don't believe any of us hate Jay, I like Jay alot for his heart and will to win, how can you not see those qualities in the guy. This passing attack is not clicking on all cylinders at this point and time. The entire offense should be blamed. IMO only Chambers and Rickey are standing tall. No way will Wanny change Q.B.s unless there is an injury, that's a fact not an opinion so what's the point of saying Sage or Brian or Brunell or freaking Warren Moon or the man on the moon could do better. Jay is starting on a go forward basis and we need to chill and hope that the passing game improves and guys like Derrius Thompson step up and the O-Line plays better and Jay hits some big passes. I mean this argument is played out when were actually saying replace Taylor with Grimsey, kidding or not we've hit bottom on this one.

Well I went and looked up some #'s and here's where Jay all mighty stands.....24th in the league overall only three QB's have thrown less passes one of witch has a higher rating and less int's the three QB's include B.Leftwitch, K.Stewart, D.McNabb.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
What was jays rating last week against the Giants? If Jay has an 80% rating then that would have to be because of one strong game only and not a consistent basis. What is he anyways... your uncle? for you to defend him shows loyallty only you are the one without a leg to stand on.

WTF are you talking about? 80 QBR or 80% completion rate?

If you use QBR take the % out.

Jay's QBR this season....

Game 1: 81
Game 2: 123
Game 3: 55
Game 4: 74

So he fell 3 out of 4 times into your 70 to 80 category. What is your problem?

I support Fiedler but I am not happy with a 80 rating. That shows how much you know.

I want Jay to average 85 to 90 which he can do.
I want Jay to stay around 60 to 63% completion rate which he can do.

Both he has shown in the past.

I want him to be in a 2:1 TD/INT ration...

These are numbers I know Jay can reach and would put him easily in the upper echelon of starting QBs.

Originally posted by BSQX4
Man why don't we change the subject. We all want Jay to play better, it's just a matter of degrees and how we express it. I don't believe any of us hate Jay, I like Jay alot for his heart and will to win, how can you not see those qualities in the guy. This passing attack is not clicking on all cylinders at this point and time. The entire offense should be blamed. IMO only Chambers and Rickey are standing tall. No way will Wanny change Q.B.s unless there is an injury, that's a fact not an opinion so what's the point of saying Sage or Brian or Brunell or freaking Warren Moon or the man on the moon could do better. Jay is starting on a go forward basis and we need to chill and hope that the passing game improves and guys like Derrius Thompson step up and the O-Line plays better and Jay hits some big passes. I mean this argument is played out when were actually saying replace Taylor with Grimsey, kidding or not we've hit bottom on this one.

I would love to change the subject but evidently we all don't want the same things. Most want Jay to play better and I consider myself in that category. Others have said very plainly that they want Jay out. I don't understand that logic. What is it based on, one lose? How do you justify benching a QB based on one lose?

Originally posted by fairbanksb

I would love to change the subject but evidently we all don't want the same things. Most want Jay to play better and I consider myself in that category. Others have said very plainly that they want Jay out. I don't understand that logic. What is it based on, one lose? How do you justify benching a QB based on one lose?

I don't just want Jay to play better, I want the offensive play-calling to recognize his limitations and work within them. I don't believe Jay is capable of playing much better than he is, I think we just have to try not to ask him to do anything risky.

Originally posted by Ozzy

except I'm going to let Fiedler have it when he screws up,

Oh hell yeah. You don't have to say "except". I let him have it every time he screws up.

I would LOVE to have someone else as the QB in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom