Some of you haven't realized...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

KB21 said:
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.
There has to be a balance between need and value. If we can't get any decent play from McKinney or whoever ends up at C, how valuable will Jason Brown appear then? Less of a value than Travis Daniels, who'll be backing someone up in the secondary and playing special teams? Look, no one is saying Saban is a disaster - this has been a miracle draft when compared to years past. All some of us are saying is that when we look back on this draft, we may regret passing up the talent that was available to us. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am sick of watching teams with centers like Mawae and wondering why we haven't had a dominant interior lineman since Dwight Stephenson.

Boomer said:
Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

:up:

Boomer said:
With 4.7 speed.

Yeah, that was the knock on him and once i heard that Nick wanted a CB, I felt his LSU guy would be it. I also had James butler from Georgia Tech as a possibility but I had Daniels circled once Saban specifically said CB.

pigskinguy said:
That's just it. All I can remember is the 16 games I watch last year and how bad the line was for the most part. And we have done nothing to address it (with the exception of Houck, which will help alot) and nobody seems to be worried about it but me.

Nothing? What do you call Stockar McDougle? What do you call Rex Hadnot and Vernon Carey?

Boomer said:
Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

But Bommer, some fans enjoy the process of elavating their opinion over that of the "Dumb coach or GM". That's why they are here. I loved a quote I saw in Friday's paper........it applies to about 99% of the criticism you find on this board.

Bengals Coach Marvin Lewis on the hype surrounding this weekends NFL draft

"Nowadays, everyone has an opinion. And often, its an uninformed opinion."

cowtowndick said:
There has to be a balance between need and value. If we can't get any decent play from McKinney or whoever ends up at C, how valuable will Jason Brown appear then? Less of a value than Travis Daniels, who'll be backing someone up in the secondary and playing special teams? Look, no one is saying Saban is a disaster - this has been a miracle draft when compared to years past. All some of us are saying is that when we look back on this draft, we may regret passing up the talent that was available to us. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am sick of watching teams with centers like Mawae and wondering why we haven't had a dominant interior lineman since Dwight Stephenson.

Obviously, Saban has watched film of McKinney and has come to the conclusion that he isn't nearly as bad as <Mod edit: :tsk:> fans make him out to be.

Boomer said:
Croder's value was stunning. If the Pats made this pick, ESPN would be creaming theri collective shorts
You're right about that. I am just afraid of Crowder's knee's. It seems to me he is a big-time boom or bust guy. He could be prennial pro-bowler for the next 7-10 years or he could be out of the league in 2. There is no middle ground with Crowder IMO.

the crowder pick i feel is one of the best of this draft, getting him in the 3rd was crazy... hopefully he'll stay healthy for us... hes a steal...

Boomer said:
Croder's value was stunning. If the Pats made this pick, ESPN would be creaming theri collective shorts

Exactly... I thought they would take Him or Ruud. I had that in my mock. I figured that Indy would jump on him in the 2nd, or Green Bay 9moving Nick Barnett to OLB). They didn't and I was so happy to get these guys.

I love the draft so far and I can't believe the difference between Wanny and Saban. I knew Saban was going to have a very good draft, but we're having a top 5 draft (in the NFL) right now. Three 1st round players throughout 1, 2 and 3, and a 2nd/3rd in the 4th.

arsenal said:
the crowder pick i feel is one of the best of this draft, getting him in the 3rd was crazy... hopefully he'll stay healthy for us... hes a steal...
Crowder = Bryan Cox

Saban is getting players that can do more than one thing. Versatility is going to be a big key in evaluating players with Nick Saban around.

pigskinguy said:
That's just it. All I can remember is the 16 games I watch last year and how bad the line was for the most part. And we have done nothing to address it (with the exception of Houck, which will help alot) and nobody seems to be worried about it but me.
Exactly. I remember watching those 16 games vividly. Three yards a carry - I still wake up screaming...

KB21 said:
Nothing? What do you call Stockar McDougle? What do you call Rex Hadnot and Vernon Carey?

Yeah, I forgot about McDougle, who is OK. I wasn't counting Hadnot or Carey because they were pickups last year. Both of whom are wildcards for us. Hadnot showed promise.....but Carey couldn't even get on the field. Of course that could of been because of the last regime.

I think you will not see Saban draft many guys that have questionable passion for the game, and both Elton Brown and Antajj Hawthorne have exactly that.

Channing Crowder and Matt Roth are two guys that function more on the more chemically imbalanced side, but who have a deep, deep passion for the game...perhaps TOO much passion at times.

LeFors just went to Carolina, btw.

ckparrothead said:
I think you will not see Saban draft many guys that have questionable passion for the game, and both Elton Brown and Antajj Hawthorne have exactly that.

Channing Crowder and Matt Roth are two guys that function more on the more chemically imbalanced side, but who have a deep, deep passion for the game...perhaps TOO much passion at times.

LeFors just went to Carolina, btw.

Definitely. You have to be willing to give everything you've got on that field to play for Nick Saban. Nick Saban will not tolerate players taking plays off.

Back
Top Bottom