Some of you haven't realized...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

cowtowndick said:
Twat fans? I stand corrected. Seth McKinney undoubtedly is the most sought after C prospect available to us. Our O line play last year was not nearly as bad as it appeared, I must have been watching some other team when the Bengals (the Bengals?) looked like the greatest defense in the NFL that Sunday night. Also, I look forward to being 16-0 next year, what with the perfect coaching staff that we have now, one that never makes errors, one that will take for the most part the same line we had last year and make them into monsters..... again, no one saying Saban is a disaster - just suggesting that in the 4th round, he whiffed. It happens. OF COURSE, time will tell. Would it be better for you if all the 'twat fans' were blindly loyal, swooning over everything Saban does? I'm happy as he** that we have the coaching staff we have, but they're not perfect.

I know the offensive line better than all but one person on this entire message board, and that one person and I converse with each other. Where some of you lay fans think the line was such a terrible position, we understand that a lot more things come into it because we both played the position. The biggest problem with the line was the scheme, the predictability of the offense, the lack of a good running back, and the lack of a good way of picking up the blitz. The line improved dramatically when they went to a simple zone blocking scheme over the last 5 games of the season.

Most of you would have thrown out Larry Little and Bob Kuchenberg after the 1970 season, never giving them the chance to improve....which they did.

Boomer said:
Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

Right on!!

inFINSible said:
If you respect Saban and are confident in him, then how can you turn around and question the pick of a player that Saban has scouted every game for the last 4 years?
Because it could be possible that, as someone else has suggested, he is drafting for comfort. He's comfortable taking a risk on Crowder's knees - and I'm not criticizing drafting Crowder, so calm down - but he's not comfortable drafting someone that came up outside of his back yard? No one is saying Daniels won't be a good football player - all I'm saying is that we could've used a good football player on another part of the roster than the secondary. Yes, we traded Surtain, but was Daniels drafted to help replace him? Maybe he was, and that's great. But our OL sucked last year - I mean they seriously sucked. They were all brought in by a coaching/management staff that everyone pretty much agrees sucked. We have brought in McDougle and Cook, but who's gonna play center? If there was a chance to bring in some talent, good value at C, maybe we should've, IMO.

Boomer said:
Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

Yep, Saban said it staright, he was going to draft the best value at that pick regardless of position. Matt Roth great pick in the second. A football player, someone that can contribute for years. Crowder is a guy that Saban would like, someone that can play, simple as that. Danials, Saban knows better than anyone what this kid can do. To jump on Saban for making teh picks he did, is ridiculous. Saban doesnt read scouts inc to figure out who to draft.

Oh and Yeah I have been on teh Brown bandwagon since day 1. I would NOT have been upset with Rogers at 2, I actually liked him better than Smith. Mainly because he has a betetr arm and is more ready. But Ronnie was an immediate impact 3 down player with high character. So clearly I was happy with Brown.

ckparrothead said:
I think you will not see Saban draft many guys that have questionable passion for the game, and both Elton Brown and Antajj Hawthorne have exactly that.

Channing Crowder and Matt Roth are two guys that function more on the more chemically imbalanced side, but who have a deep, deep passion for the game...perhaps TOO much passion at times.

LeFors just went to Carolina, btw.

Between Crowder, Roth, and Bua we might have the 3 most certifiably crazy dudes in the league!!

KB21 said:
I know the offensive line better than all but one person on this entire message board, and that one person and I converse with each other. Where some of you lay fans think the line was such a terrible position, we understand that a lot more things come into it because we both played the position. The biggest problem with the line was the scheme, the predictability of the offense, the lack of a good running back, and the lack of a good way of picking up the blitz. The line improved dramatically when they went to a simple zone blocking scheme over the last 5 games of the season.

Most of you would have thrown out Larry Little and Bob Kuchenberg after the 1970 season, never giving them the chance to improve....which they did.
"I know the offensive line better than....where some of you lay fans...the biggest problem was the lack of a good running back...". Are you with the team? Do you work in professional football? College football? Are you a coach? Do you have 20 years studying offensive line play? Just trying to understand your credentials. Please enlighten a 'lay fan'.

KB21 said:
I know the offensive line better than all but one person on this entire message board, and that one person and I converse with each other.

Id like to think that I have some knowledge considering I coached Line at a pretty darn good D1 school for about 6 years.

Saban is drafting by postion. Dl - LB - Secondary. Saban knows that the defence has only a couple of years left, he has brought in these players to be leaders and the new ZT, Jt, and Sam Mad. Saban is very smart. Three cheers for Saban.

KB21 said:
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.
ok well then answer me this:

how do we fix our o-line if we don't get any new players in FA OR in the draft? getting a new coach alone doesn't magically fix our o-line, which has absolutely STUNK the past two years. the o-line coach has a clipboard, not a magic wand.

You make a valid point, Keith, but if you always follow that philosophy, you'll never satisfy positions you need. sometimes you have to draft based on need. every other damn team in the NFL does it, why can't we?

cowtowndick said:
"I know the offensive line better than....where some of you lay fans...the biggest problem was the lack of a good running back...". Are you with the team? Do you work in professional football? College football? Are you a coach? Do you have 20 years studying offensive line play?
The same can be questioned of YOU ctd!!!!!!!
:lol:

Marino1983

pigskinguy said:
That's just it. All I can remember is the 16 games I watch last year and how bad the line was for the most part. And we have done nothing to address it (with the exception of Houck, which will help alot) and nobody seems to be worried about it but me.

Our o-line just got a huge upgrade with Mr. Brown being in the backfield:fire:
AJ just got alot better because of Mr. Brown in the backfield. Trust in Saban:D

jzolnowski said:
Id like to think that I have some knowledge considering I coached Line at a pretty darn good D1 school for about 6 years.

:confused: your age says (22) you coached a D1 Offensive Line for 6 years? That would have made you 16 when you got the job, that's pretty impressive. :shakeno:

FEELEYgoinDEEP said:
Our o-line just got a huge upgrade with Mr. Brown being in the backfield:fire:
AJ just got alot better because of Mr. Brown in the backfield. Trust in Saban:D
and all it takes is for brown to get injured (like EACH of our RB's last year behind THIS o-line), and all of a sudden we are back at base one.

that is why i like ronnie brown, but him alone is not the answer. what if he goes down?

We got Damion Cook and Stockar McDougale in FA.

fishfan34 said:
:confused: your age says (22) you coached a D1 Offensive Line for 6 years? That would have made you 16 when you got the job, that's pretty impressive. :shakeno:

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom