Some of you haven't realized...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

KB21, why do you even bother arguing with people on here when you know your right. To say our oline is so pathetic is ridiculous and anybody who knows anything about football can see this. Houck will improve our team dramatically just by changing the crap scheme we were running(see Dallas and SD). Furthermore adding McDougle is huge, this guy is a former first round pick who is pro bowl caliber. Hadnot and Carey are another year older and more NFL mature. McIntosh had a stellar season under Houck and there is no reason to feel that he can't return to his old form, especially since he was rushed back from his foot problem last year and now he has had ample time to get back to 100%. Jeno James is another pro bowl caliber player who was RUINED by the scheme last year. Once again there is no reason to believe he can't return to his former self. The only lineman I am not sold on is McKinney, now I am not saying he is bad but moreso he has not shown anything great. That is not a bad position to be in when it comes to our OL situation.

jzolnowski said:
KB21, why do you even bother arguing with people on here when you know your right. To say our oline is so pathetic is ridiculous and anybody who knows anything about football can see this. Houck will improve our team dramatically just by changing the crap scheme we were running(see Dallas and SD). Furthermore adding McDougle is huge, this guy is a former first round pick who is pro bowl caliber. Hadnot and Carey are another year older and more NFL mature. McIntosh had a stellar season under Houck and there is no reason to feel that he can't return to his old form, especially since he was rushed back from his foot problem last year and now he has had ample time to get back to 100%. Jeno James is another pro bowl caliber player who was RUINED by the scheme last year. Once again there is no reason to believe he can't return to his former self. The only lineman I am not sold on is McKinney, now I am not saying he is bad but moreso he has not shown anything great. That is not a bad position to be in when it comes to our OL situation.
i am still anxious to hear how you were a 6-year O-line coach....

People fail to understand that an o-line needs time to develop.. Those 5 guys got thrown together and played together for the first time last year and you people want to judge them when there was absolutely zero stability on the sidelines and horrid coachng.. We already made some moves via FA, tweaked the line up a bit..OBVIOUSLY if the paid proffesionals thought there was a magical o-line player there they woud have not passed him up! Using you irrational logic, we would have a team of all rookies because you'd never give a guy a chance to do well!

KB21 said:
I know the offensive line better than all but one person on this entire message board, and that one person and I converse with each other. Where some of you lay fans think the line was such a terrible position, we understand that a lot more things come into it because we both played the position. The biggest problem with the line was the scheme, the predictability of the offense, the lack of a good running back, and the lack of a good way of picking up the blitz. The line improved dramatically when they went to a simple zone blocking scheme over the last 5 games of the season.

Most of you would have thrown out Larry Little and Bob Kuchenberg after the 1970 season, never giving them the chance to improve....which they did.

Don't forget to add injuries and 4 OC's in 3 seasons to the list. those issues also had a major impact.

cowtowndick said:
Because it could be possible that, as someone else has suggested, he is drafting for comfort. He's comfortable taking a risk on Crowder's knees - and I'm not criticizing drafting Crowder, so calm down - but he's not comfortable drafting someone that came up outside of his back yard? No one is saying Daniels won't be a good football player - all I'm saying is that we could've used a good football player on another part of the roster than the secondary. Yes, we traded Surtain, but was Daniels drafted to help replace him? Maybe he was, and that's great. But our OL sucked last year - I mean they seriously sucked. They were all brought in by a coaching/management staff that everyone pretty much agrees sucked. We have brought in McDougle and Cook, but who's gonna play center? If there was a chance to bring in some talent, good value at C, maybe we should've, IMO.
Dude, you think I'm not calm? I just asked a question, you gave your answer. I don't agree that Saban would be stupid enough to draft for "comfort". I'm sure that Saban knows this player better than any player in the draft, that didn't play for LSU. He's not going to make a mistake on this guy.

As for the o-line, again I ask the same question, if you respect the man, and are happy to have him leading the team then why don't you trust his judgement that A) There was no lineman on SABAN'S board that graded as high as Daniels...and B) That he has had a chance to evaluate the linemen that we have on our team and has decided that the priority is not as high as YOU think it is?

inFINSible said:
Dude, you think I'm not calm? I just asked a question, you gave your answer. I don't agree that Saban would be stupid enough to draft for "comfort". I'm sure that Saban knows this player better than any player in the draft, that didn't play for LSU. He's not going to make a mistake on this guy.

As for the o-line, again I ask the same question if you respect the man, and are happy to have him leading the team then why don't you trust his judgement that A) There was no lineman on SABAN'S board that graded as high as Daniels...and B) That he has had a chance to evaluate the linemen that we have on our team and has decided that the priority is not as high as YOU think it is?

A -freaking- men

jzolnowski said:
Id like to think that I have some knowledge considering I coached Line at a pretty darn good D1 school for about 6 years.
You are 22 years old and you've already coached at a pretty good D1 school for 6 years? Wow. Where did you land that job?

Marino1983 said:
The same can be questioned of YOU ctd!!!!!!!
:lol:

Marino1983
Sure, absolutely. No, I'm not an OL coach, I'm not involved with the team, etc. :shakeno: I'm a 'lay fan', played football in school, watched it to the point of obsession for twenty years, always have been and always will be a Dolphin fan. I vividly remember reading the Sports Illustrated review of the college bowl season in 1981, thinking that this Marino guy might be one to take a look at. THE ONLY THING I'm doing is a) wondering why one or two people are the only ones allowed to make a comment on the performanceor makeup of the team, and b) wondering why we didn't draft OL. The draft is an inexact process, and all I'm suggesting is that instead of Baltimore picking up Jason Brown, we could have. I'm OK with not taking Orton, which may have been an idea. We can't all have the same opinions, it's very unhealthy.

texasPHINSfan said:
ok well then answer me this:

how do we fix our o-line if we don't get any new players in FA OR in the draft? getting a new coach alone doesn't magically fix our o-line, which has absolutely STUNK the past two years. the o-line coach has a clipboard, not a magic wand.

You make a valid point, Keith, but if you always follow that philosophy, you'll never satisfy positions you need. sometimes you have to draft based on need. every other damn team in the NFL does it, why can't we?

We added Damion Cook and Stockar McDougale in free agency.

I consider Vernon Carey an addition because he won't be getting dicked around by a head coach who is a moron and will be coached up instead of coached down.

We also added one of the top 3 offensive line coaches in the game.

Why would we reach for a guy on the offensive line? If there was a player that Saban or Houck liked don't you think they would have taken him?

I REALLY wish some people on this board would stop talking about what we have'nt drafted...try focusing on what Saban has done...

He drafted for need in the first round and has then proceeded to get steals in rounds 2,3 and 4.

I'm elated with this draft.

It's about time we got some players who intimidate and play on the edge on defense. As good as our defense has been at times we have been passive...I don't see that continuing with Nick on board.

For all of you questioning me and my nephew share this screen name. I am 54 years old my nephew is 22. That is why sometimes our posts contridict ourselves. He has some different views than I do. To answer how I "landed" this job. I was a reserve lineman in the NFL for 8 years witha few teams.

unifiedtheory said:
We added Damion Cook and Stockar McDougale in free agency.

I consider Vernon Carey an addition because he won't be getting dicked around by a head coach who is a moron and will be coached up instead of coached down.

We also added one of the top 3 offensive line coaches in the game.

Why would we reach for a guy on the offensive line? If there was a player that Saban or Houck liked don't you think they would have taken him?

I REALLY wish some people on this board would stop talking about what we have'nt drafted...try focusing on what Saban has done...

He drafted for need in the first round and has then proceeded to get steals in rounds 2,3 and 4.

I'm elated with this draft.

It's about time we got some players who intimidate and play on the edge on defense. As good as our defense has been at times we have been passive...I don't see that continuing with Nick on board.

Excellent Post. Some people just HAVE to think they know more than the people at ground zero. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

inFINSible said:

As for the o-line, again I ask the same question, if you respect the man, and are happy to have him leading the team then why don't you trust his judgement that A) There was no lineman on SABAN'S board that graded as high as Daniels...and B) That he has had a chance to evaluate the linemen that we have on our team and has decided that the priority is not as high as YOU think it is?
No, wasn't suggesting you're not calm - merely trying to avert a deluge of posts from pro-Crowder fans. Yes, I'm sure he knows this player better than anyone. Yes, I trust Saban, but I'm sure each member of the coaching staff at some time may lobby for a different draft pick, but at the end of the day, they support the choice made by Saban, which I do. No, I didn't know that being a fan means you should agree with everything that they do. No, I don't think I'm alone in my concern over the offensive line (from numerous other posts that I've read), nor do I think that a better RB will cure the problems of the OL. Yards per carry for RW started to drop before he split for spliffs. Yes, I think the new coaching staff can greatly improve the play of the current OL. No, I don't think there's enough talent on the OL now. And again, no, I don't think I'm alone in this opinion. Yes, I'm sure there are even qualified professionals in the NFL that would agree with me. And yes, after all, we are all entitled to our opinions. At least, I thought we were or is this site merely for a few individuals to pontificate and the rest of us should follow merrily.

jzolnowski said:
For all of you questioning me and my nephew share this screen name. I am 54 years old my nephew is 22. That is why sometimes our posts contridict ourselves. He has some different views than I do. To answer how I "landed" this job. I was a reserve lineman in the NFL for 8 years witha few teams.
OK, you would obviously have a much more qualified view than I would, so I'll ask you: what do you think of the O line? Are you happy with the talent? Is better coaching and time all we need? No one would be more pleased than myself if all of your answers were positive ones - in that case, I'd be very happy to eat me some humble pie.

Boomer said:
Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

Thanks Boom .... this is what I have been saying....I'm sick of the uninformed jibber jabber....Everybody complaining about Clarett etc. Guess what folks - Shanahan said he would have been a top 10 pick if he would have continued his career - I think the guy knows a little bit about running backs!! Watch some games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom