Some of you haven't realized...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

Den54 said:
Questions you should be asking yourself.
Hey, I'm happy to admit I'm a fan, albeit one that has been very obsessed over many years. Not gainfully employed in pro football, but not completely ignorant by any means. Yes, these are just my opinions, and I certainly don't condemn anyone for having opinions different from mine. Debate is healthy.

cowtowndick said:
No, wasn't suggesting you're not calm - merely trying to avert a deluge of posts from pro-Crowder fans. Yes, I'm sure he knows this player better than anyone. Yes, I trust Saban, but I'm sure each member of the coaching staff at some time may lobby for a different draft pick, but at the end of the day, they support the choice made by Saban, which I do. No, I didn't know that being a fan means you should agree with everything that they do. No, I don't think I'm alone in my concern over the offensive line (from numerous other posts that I've read), nor do I think that a better RB will cure the problems of the OL. Yards per carry for RW started to drop before he split for spliffs. Yes, I think the new coaching staff can greatly improve the play of the current OL. No, I don't think there's enough talent on the OL now. And again, no, I don't think I'm alone in this opinion. Yes, I'm sure there are even qualified professionals in the NFL that would agree with me. And yes, after all, we are all entitled to our opinions. At least, I thought we were or is this site merely for a few individuals to pontificate and the rest of us should follow merrily.

I don't know where you get this impression that I'm telling you that you can't have an opinion. I'm just asking you questions. I'm also giving you my opinion.
I can't help it if we don't agree and I see things that you may be missing.

Tell me more about Ricky's yards per carry slipping behind this o-line. When did that happen?

KB21 said:
I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.

Ok....

unifiedtheory said:
We added Damion Cook and Stockar McDougale in free agency.

I consider Vernon Carey an addition because he won't be getting dicked around by a head coach who is a moron and will be coached up instead of coached down.

We also added one of the top 3 offensive line coaches in the game.

Why would we reach for a guy on the offensive line? If there was a player that Saban or Houck liked don't you think they would have taken him?

I REALLY wish some people on this board would stop talking about what we have'nt drafted...try focusing on what Saban has done...

He drafted for need in the first round and has then proceeded to get steals in rounds 2,3 and 4.

I'm elated with this draft.

It's about time we got some players who intimidate and play on the edge on defense. As good as our defense has been at times we have been passive...I don't see that continuing with Nick on board.

i don't normally gloat, but after i just asked everyone why we weren't drafting OL, and i was basically jumped on by the people that think they are "wise" on here, i just had to smile when i heard our 5th round selection.

I don't know the guy, and not saying he is the answer to our prayers, but i sure would like to think that our o-line could improve with depth and a bunch more guys. :)

texasPHINSfan said:
i don't normally gloat, but after i just asked everyone why we weren't drafting OL, and i was basically jumped on by the people that think they are "wise" on here, i just had to smile when i heard our 5th round selection.

I don't know the guy, and not saying he is the answer to our prayers, but i sure would like to think that our o-line could improve with depth and a bunch more guys. :)

Happens a lot here. Common sense goes along way and many hear are 15 year olds pretending to be experts or 40 year olds that having nothing better to do thatn follow the Phins 24 hours a day... and how could they possibly be wrong??

:roflmao:

Equalizer said:
Happens a lot here. Common sense goes along way and many hear are 15 year olds pretending to be experts or 40 year olds that having nothing better to do thatn follow the Phins 24 hours a day... and how could they possibly be wrong??

:roflmao:
exactly.. these are the same people that tell us no one can possibly know who saban is going to draft but saban himself...

texasPHINSfan said:
exactly.. these are the same people that tell us no one can possibly know who saban is going to draft but saban himself...

Actually Boomer and KB both had Brown going to Saban at #2.. They knew, many people knew ;)

jzolnowski said:
For all of you questioning me and my nephew share this screen name. I am 54 years old my nephew is 22. That is why sometimes our posts contridict ourselves. He has some different views than I do. To answer how I "landed" this job. I was a reserve lineman in the NFL for 8 years witha few teams.

You should register your own screen name. Seriously. We stand to benefit greatly from reading your posts.

he say...

cowtowndick said:
Because it could be possible that, as someone else has suggested, he is drafting for comfort. He's comfortable taking a risk on Crowder's knees - and I'm not criticizing drafting Crowder, so calm down - but he's not comfortable drafting someone that came up outside of his back yard? No one is saying Daniels won't be a good football player - all I'm saying is that we could've used a good football player on another part of the roster than the secondary. Yes, we traded Surtain, but was Daniels drafted to help replace him? Maybe he was, and that's great. But our OL sucked last year - I mean they seriously sucked. They were all brought in by a coaching/management staff that everyone pretty much agrees sucked. We have brought in McDougle and Cook, but who's gonna play center? If there was a chance to bring in some talent, good value at C, maybe we should've, IMO.

Well when pepole ask to Saban about the Phins need, he always say that our more important needs was a RB and Defense.... he did n`t say Qb, or OL ..... this Alabi sound like a develompment player.... and ik our OL coach likes him, I trust in him... and I still have to see playing our draft players to juge Saban and his team...

citripia said:
Well when pepole ask to Saban about the Phins need, he always say that our more important needs was a RB and Defense.... he did n`t say Qb, or OL ..... this Alabi sound like a develompment player.... and ik our OL coach likes him, I trust in him... and I still have to see playing our draft players to juge Saban and his team...
Exactly.

I think it's great that you understand this better than half the posters on this board. :D

FiN.in.RI said:
Actually Boomer and KB both had Brown going to Saban at #2.. They knew, many people knew ;)
oh come on RI!

everyone knew that. ;)

i'm talking about everything after our #2 overall pick. we ALL knew, that if we were unable to trade down, we'd be getting ronnie brown.... lol

texasPHINSfan said:
oh come on RI!

everyone knew that. ;)

i'm talking about everything after our #2 overall pick. we ALL knew, that if we were unable to trade down, we'd be getting ronnie brown.... lol

Well to be fair some people thought Edwards would be the pick.

byroan said:

texasPHINSfan said:
lol...

GREAT quote and post, byroan. my sentiments exactly.

Did either of you happen to read post #7 in this thread, that has KB21 saying what is quoted below?

KB21 said:
Yeah. I forgot about Wilkerson. I also forgot about Doug Buckles, who is a player Miami is interested in. I take back my statement that he won't take any linemen.

Back
Top Bottom