Some of you haven't realized...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

KB21 said:
Obviously, Saban has watched film of McKinney and has come to the conclusion that he isn't nearly as bad as twat fans make him out to be.
No disrespect intended, but if that's the case, why didn't he get him signed sooner? He just signed his tender last week - didn't generate much interest around the rest of the league, either. McDougle is encouraging, but Carey was clearly a disappointment. Maybe they believe Houck can make everyone better, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in more talent for him to work with.

Carey was a first year lineman. I told you all last year that first year linemen rarely make an impact unless they are just supreme players like Robert Gallery.

I hope....

...Saban isn't drafting for comfort level. These are all defensive guys who he knows personally. I do not deny that these players are good value. However, there is good offensive value out there in areas of need.

The last CB is not fast enough to start anywhere except for FS. We already have Tillman and Bell at FS.

KB21 said:
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.

ckparrothead said:
I think you will not see Saban draft many guys that have questionable passion for the game, and both Elton Brown and Antajj Hawthorne have exactly that.
That was probably the single most important aspect that I looked for when making my mock. I think you're exactly right.

Dolphan_B said:
...Saban isn't drafting for comfort level. These are all defensive guys who he knows personally. I do not deny that these players are good value. However, there is good offensive value out there in areas of need.

The last CB is not fast enough to start anywhere except for FS. We already have Tillman and Bell at FS.

Travis Daniels runs a 4.45 forty and plays faster than he times. During LSU's national championship season, no one threw on Daniels and Webster at those cornerback spots.

He will likely play both to begin with. Nick runs a lot of different coverage schemes, and Travis knows them.

JTBRLZ said:
Daniels looked good at the Senior Bowl.

He was awesome in the SB game and practice. Some said he was better then Webster...

I don't see the logic in not loving this pick. It works for us in every way possible.

Value- Check
Need- Check
Knows the schemes- Check
Verastile- Check

Hostile7 said:
He was awesome in the SB game and practice. Some said he was better then Webster...

I don't see the logic in not loving this pick. It works for us in every way possible.

Value- Check
Need- Check
Knows the schemes- Check
Verastile- Check
well scouted- check

Hostile7 said:

Value- Check
Need- Check
Knows the schemes- Check
Verastile- Check

Yes but you forgot the big factor:

Do the majority of FH know him? - NO CHECK

KB21 said:
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.

That's what I like about him. These better players are sure to make the team. It's better to take players that will make the team, rather than many that won't.

KB21 said:
Obviously, Saban has watched film of McKinney and has come to the conclusion that he isn't nearly as bad as twat fans make him out to be.
Twat fans? I stand corrected. Seth McKinney undoubtedly is the most sought after C prospect available to us. Our O line play last year was not nearly as bad as it appeared, I must have been watching some other team when the Bengals (the Bengals?) looked like the greatest defense in the NFL that Sunday night. Also, I look forward to being 16-0 next year, what with the perfect coaching staff that we have now, one that never makes errors, one that will take for the most part the same line we had last year and make them into monsters..... again, no one saying Saban is a disaster - just suggesting that in the 4th round, he whiffed. It happens. OF COURSE, time will tell. Would it be better for you if all the 'twat fans' were blindly loyal, swooning over everything Saban does? I'm happy as he** that we have the coaching staff we have, but they're not perfect.

cowtowndick said:
Twat fans? I stand corrected. Seth McKinney undoubtedly is the most sought after C prospect available to us. Our O line play last year was not nearly as bad as it appeared, I must have been watching some other team when the Bengals (the Bengals?) looked like the greatest defense in the NFL that Sunday night. Also, I look forward to being 16-0 next year, what with the perfect coaching staff that we have now, one that never makes errors, one that will take for the most part the same line we had last year and make them into monsters..... again, no one saying Saban is a disaster - just suggesting that in the 4th round, he whiffed. It happens. OF COURSE, time will tell. Would it be better for you if all the 'twat fans' were blindly loyal, swooning over everything Saban does? I'm happy as he** that we have the coaching staff we have, but they're not perfect.
If you respect Saban and are confident in him, then how can you turn around and question the pick of a player that Saban has scouted every game for the last 4 years?

I am just thinking about the Senior Bowl, where Travis Daniels showed up and played really really well, while Webster did not. Daniels was a big winner at the Senior Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom