Some Ronnie Brown Common Sense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Ronnie Brown Common Sense

DolphinsFan23 said:
How's this for some common sense ...

If you guys think Ronnie isn't doing so well this year, take a look at LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, and Reggie Bush's stats. Tomlinson and Johnson have a lot more experience than Ronnie does and probably much better offensive lines.

I know the Saints have a fairly good line this year, so what's the deal with Reggie Bush? He's getting $6 million more guaranteed than Ronnie. According some people's standards on this board, Reggie probably should just be traded or something ... his perfomance indicates that he just isn't worth the money spent on him as a #2 draft pick and he's a BUST, etc.

Guess what folks, so far this season, Ronnie Brown has more yards than Larry Johnson, more yards per carry, and more TDs. Ronnie also has more yards per carry than LaDainian Tomlinson.

Ronnie has 153 yards receiving vs. LaDainian's 174 yards and Ronnie didn't get ONE pass thrown to him during the Jets game for some reason.

For the 2006 season ...

Ronnie Brown: 405 yards, 3.8 ypc, 27 longest run, 4 TDs

Larry Johnson: 357 yards, 3.4 ypc, 28 longest run, 3 TDs

LaDainian Tomlinson: 407 yards, 3.7 ypc, 58 longest run, 7 TDs

Reggie Bush: 195 yards, 3.0 ypc, 18 longest run, 0 TDs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7178

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5452

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4485

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7751

This is hilarious... and even more hilarious that not a single Ronnie basher has responded to this post. Do any of you have a response to this post?

i think ronnie is a good back he might not have a geat line n right now the team might not b a geat team i know this sounds stupid but in madden i have a rushing reacord with him but i run my own offence with some of my own plays i give him the ball alot and i rely on him to get me alot of fist downs anytime i need 5 yrds or less brown is the man he beaks lots of takes and he is strong the anly thing that he need to improve on is blockin

FinNasty said:
This is hilarious... and even more hilarious that not a single Ronnie basher has responded to this post. Do any of you have a response to this post?

:lol: When they do, it should be: DAMN, we didn't know that!

Bottom Line on Ronnie Brown:

He's a quality NFL halfback.

He's playing on a bad team, and his offensive line is mired in mediocrity even on its best days.

He's still producing. Producing more efficiently than "OMG REGGIE BUSH," and a few other overrated players like Larry Johnson.

He's not a bust.

Eric Kumerow and Yatil Green were busts.

Ronnie Brown is a good player who has been productive. He's tough, he's talented, he plays hard and he's not a cancer on team morale.

Drafts are a crapshoot, and I think anyone with a reasonable perspective on the NFL draft should be happy that we got Ronnie Brown.

I was at the game yesterday and had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter. I was so disgusted with the play calling I couldn't take it anymore.

Ronnie was ripping off 4 yards, 5 yards, 7 yards per carry and they CONSTANTLY keep trying trick plays like end arounds. Or they leave it up to Harington to throw INT's right at defenders.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why they don't keep giving the ball to Ronnie when he was gaining postive yards on every play and the Jets are one of the worst teams in the league against the run?

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING !!!

Mr. Pink said:
and a few other overrated players like Larry Johnson.

I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would call LJ overrated.

K-Rob said:
Excellent post from across the pond. It's too bad the locals can't have that kind of positive outlook on this season. Good job, Boomer!

Thanks mate. And another cool hound.

I love these posts.....it's sooooo nice to see some Ronnie fans in here. These posts are well thought out, and have much more merit than the "Ronnie can't run as fats as he did at the combine" posts. I love Ronnie, and I think he is a "good" back, with the potential of being "very good". The O-line is looking better, and Ronnie will only get better as they do. I absolutely agree that Miami needs to pound the rock more, and give Ronnie more opportunities to make plays. They also need to make sure and involve him in the passing game. He gets even more elusive in the passing game. I sometimes wish he could take some of the moves he uses in the passing game, and use them in his running game. The point is, Ronnie was worth our 2nd pick, he carries piles (evident yesterday when he carried a pile 7 yards to the 2), runs with good speed for his size, blocks well, and catches the ball out of the backfield very well. I like these posts, and I want to see more of them.

Brown is probably the best blocking tailback in the game and has top 2/3 hands for a runner. The running part of it will come. The line was much improved yesterday and again Carey was very solid, whilst the superior run skills of Shelton worked well in the confined space of RG.

Brown will be fine.

Boomer said:
Brown is probably the best blocking tailback in the game and has top 2/3 hands for a runner. The running part of it will come. The line was much improved yesterday and again Carey was very solid, whilst the superior run skills of Shelton worked well in the confined space of RG.

Brown will be fine.

The guy is a package, he blocks, runs, catches - I can't understand why everyone is suddenly against him, especially after the game he had yesterday. There's no accounting for some people I guess. Thanks a lot for coming in and laying down the law Boomer!

His hands are top 2/3rd but his ability to be dangerous in the passing game, IMO, is second only to Brian Westbrook and probably Reggie Bush. Michael Pittman is very underrated there as well.

This is because he combines the hands with a natural feel for the depth on the routes and the ability to execute moves in the open field with the ball in his hands. His combination of power and speed makes him almost a more dangerous pass catcher than runner because he's able to get that athletic ability into the open field more when catching passes, whereas his running often resorts to banging away that extra 2 yards in the dog pile.

Anyone who doesn't like Brown could profit by giving some thought to what our offense would be like at this point without him.

It's a scary thought.

Great post Boomer, maybe now we can quiet all the ronnie bashing.

Back
Top Bottom