Some Ronnie Brown Common Sense | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Ronnie Brown Common Sense

FinNasty said:
I never said either of them wernt good. I said in terms of being proven, LJ hasnt even been a sole back for an entire season. I think he is great, but he isnt "proven" yet. And by "proven", I mean atleast 2-3 years of consistant production.

And Willis has done more than Ronnie, but again, not enough for me to consider him "proven".

I say he has proven more than Ronnie. Hopefully three years from now, this will not be the case. My point was Ronnie has a lot to prove to be placed in the the high regard that many on this board put him at. Right now he is a middle of the pack, young and promising runningback. Many on this board probably don't realize that KC is going through left tackles like we are going thru right guards.

dlockz said:
I say he has proven more than Ronnie. Hopefully three years from now, this will not be the case. My point was Ronnie has a lot to prove to be placed in the the high regard that many on this board put him at. Right now he is a middle of the pack, young and promising runningback. Many on this board probably don't realize that KC is going through left tackles like we are going thru right guards.

didn't realize Larry Johnson was tearing it up this year

I thought you wrote a very nice article, until you said Ronnie Brown flashed good vision. I disagree with you there. I think he's below average at best in this category, as well as true football instincts (when ball carrying/not blocking). If he had a back like Ricky Wlliams vision and insticts, there'd be no need for this thread.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
didn't realize Larry Johnson was tearing it up this year

I did not say he was. He is still making an impact especially receiving the ball. he averages mor per catch than McMichael. KC has lost their Qb, 2 LT's and still have the same medoicre receivers, not to mention Gonzo is not having a good year. Even with all that and a low YPC he is till having an impact even with teams keying on him like Ricky was a few years ago.

dlockz said:

Maybe both have proven a little more than Ronnie... but not much more. My point is that neither Willis or LJ are "proven" RBs... and you were refering to them like they were. LJ and Willis have each only had 1 good half of a season. Neither has had a good season yet starting as the sole RB.

And neither has Ronnie. That is why I put them all in the same catagory in terms of being "proven".

dlockz said:
I did not say he was. He is still making an impact especially receiving the ball. he averages mor per catch than McMichael. KC has lost their Qb, 2 LT's and still have the same medoicre receivers, not to mention Gonzo is not having a good year. Even with all that and a low YPC he is till having an impact even with teams keying on him like Ricky was a few years ago.

Most of LJ's receiving stats are from screens... not really from going out for passes.

FinNasty said:
Most of LJ's receiving stats are from screens... not really from going out for passes.

Hell I wish Ronnie or any Phin were making as much on screen passes. I was just stating he is having an impact from something even if it is a screen pass. last time I checked these were valid receiving yards. I wish we would use Brown more on these type of passes. I truly care less than to put a RB in a Wr slor, thats what they make Wr's for. This is just one of the reason's Arizona blew the game against the Bears. They never really tryed to get the ball out to edge on short passes so he could create some space that was not here running.

FinNasty said:
Maybe both have proven a little more than Ronnie... but not much more. My point is that neither Willis or LJ are "proven" RBs... and you were refering to them like they were. LJ and Willis have each only had 1 good half of a season. Neither has had a good season yet starting as the sole RB.

And neither has Ronnie. That is why I put them all in the same catagory in terms of being "proven".

And you know Damn well if Ronnie had acomplished what LJ did last year almost every person on this board would be proclaiming his ascending greatness.

dlockz said:
Hell I wish Ronnie or any Phin were making as much on screen passes. I was just stating he is having an impact from something even if it is a screen pass. last time I checked these were valid receiving yards. I wish we would use Brown more on these type of passes. I truly care less than to put a RB in a Wr slor, thats what they make Wr's for. This is just one of the reason's Arizona blew the game against the Bears. They never really tryed to get the ball out to edge on short passes so he could create some space that was not here running.

When was the last time you saw Ronnie on a screen? Exactly. If we used Ronnie on screens as well as used him in the passing game... his receiving stats would be amazing. My point was that LJ isnt a better receiver than Ronnie (if thats what you were saying).

dlockz said:
And you know Damn well if Ronnie had acomplished what LJ did last year almost every person on this board would be proclaiming his ascending greatness.

Oh, agreed. Me included...

But that still wouldnt make him "proven"...

dlockz said:

I'm sure, but I'm preaching his ascending greatness even without that type of year. I don't have to see him actually run for 1800 yards to know he is perfectly capable of it.

ckparrothead said:
I'm sure, but I'm preaching his ascending greatness even without that type of year. I don't have to see him actually run for 1800 yards to know he is perfectly capable of it.

Maybe by next year....you'll have him in the HOF. :D

CK....You know that there's a large difference between whats possible and actual...one can possibly be able to....but never achieve that reality.

Why don't we wait for him to achieve his 1800 yds before we crown him.

FinNasty said:
When was the last time you saw Ronnie on a screen? Exactly. If we used Ronnie on screens as well as used him in the passing game... his receiving stats would be amazing. My point was that LJ isnt a better receiver than Ronnie (if thats what you were saying).

No was not saying Johnson is a better receiver, maybe more dangerous with the ball but Brown is one of the better receivers at his position in the NFL. Neither of these guys is in Reggie Bush's receiving class but both are better runners at this point.

ckparrothead said:

I am a show me type because Brown has never came close to showing he is that type of runner in college or the pros. If he does I will be quite fine with that.

dlockz said:
I am a show me type because Brown has never came close to showing he is that type of runner in college or the pros. If he does I will be quite fine with that.

Fundemantal disagreement. I've seen enough of his running to know that he is perfectly capable of it.

What I've not seen is a willingness on Saban's part to give him 30 carries in a game on certain occasions. That is just a philosophical tenet for Saban and has nothing to do with Ronnie. Ronnie wouldn't care if he got that many carries, it was Saban who actually lamented getting Ronnie as many as 26 carries against the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom