Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others

I had zero expectations for Gary Jennings. Didn't really know much about him. However, I like the sound of his precision in running his routes. Plus the fact that he never got a real opportunity in Seattle means that he's probably hungry as hell. Miami claiming him from the Seahawks practice squad makes it even sweeter. Isaiah Ford did well very late last season and Fitz clearly built confidence in him but Jennings could be serious competition for the last WR slot on the roster.
Other positive news snippet from this report was that Emmanuel Ogbah is looking good. Go Dolphins!

It is an interesting stat (and very believable if you look back at how their careers started), but I would say that they are trending in different directions as of right now. Howard can easily be a 1000+ yards back, he just has to stay healthy...which has been his biggest issue the past 2 seasons.

It is an interesting stat (and very believable if you look back at how their careers started), but I would say that they are trending in different directions as of right now. Howard can easily be a 1000+ yards back, he just has to stay healthy...which has been his biggest issue the past 2 seasons.
He only missed 1 game in 2018. I wouldn't say this was his biggest issue past 2 seasons. Just last season.

Always enjoy the hype but as much as I like Ogbah, he’s not running a 4.5 at 280. What is he talking about?....
Right.. I'm glad we have a lot of players training and getting in work outs, but this guy is just hyping them up... seems like a puff piece. I know its the offseason so what else we gonna talk about, but still idk

Love hearing good reviews on Jennings. I really what him to stick with this team.
That sixth receiver spot should be interesting. Top four seems set with Parker, Williams, Wilson and probably Grant. I think Ford, Jennings and Merritt battle for the final two spots.

That sixth receiver spot should be interesting. Top four seems set with Parker, Williams, Wilson and probably Grant. I think Ford, Jennings and Merritt battle for the final two spots.

I would love to have Jennings and Ford as the 5th and 6th wrs on the roster, but I do think people are dismissing Allen Hurns from the competition. Hurns was slowed a bit in 2019 retuning from a season ending injury the prior season, but he's experienced, has decent size, speed and NFL production. Not to forget he's just 1 year olderthan Parker and WIlson, so he's not old yet either.

I would love to have Jennings and Ford as the 5th and 6th wrs on the roster, but I do think people are dismissing Allen Hurns from the competition. Hurns was slowed a bit in 2019 retuning from a season ending injury the prior season, but he's experienced, has decent size, speed and NFL production. Not to forget he's just 1 year olderthan Parker and WIlson, so he's not old yet either.
I forget about Allen Hurns all the time and it is worth noting we did sign him to an extension albeit a cheap one. His experience could be needed if one of our top guys go down.

I wouldn't rule out Preston as a IR-DR or PUP canidate to start. Leg injuries are difficult injuries to recover from as we saw with Wilson last year.

I forget about Allen Hurns all the time and it is worth noting we did sign him to an extension albeit a cheap one. His experience could be needed if one of our top guys go down.

I wouldn't rule out Preston as a IR-DR or PUP canidate to start. Leg injuries are difficult injuries to recover from as we saw with Wilson last year.

I think if the team thought there was a good chance Williams might start the season on IR or PUP list than they would have drafted another wr. It will be interesting to see how things play out if Grant, Wilson, Williams and Hurns are all healthy and looking like the best versions of themselves.

Admittedly, I've kind of forgotten about Hurns. I thought Ford was more impressive last year, but it should be an open competition.

Back
Top Bottom