Some Sports Buzz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Sports Buzz

dougb123

Bringer of Rain
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Sunday night:
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article233243211.html

▪ Kalen Ballage had the catch of the day, diving in the end zone to corral a pass from Rosen, and has consistently run the ball authoritatively. He continues to receive a large chunk, but not all, of the first team work.

How the Dolphins assess the position with potentially the toughest decisions
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article233036332.html

The Dolphins have at least one position where they appear to have more NFL-worthy players than a 53-man roster can typically accommodate.

nice work Barry

I hope they stop this charade soon and put Rosen in as QB1.

It sounds like Ballage is on his way to being RB1.

Sorry bud but Fitzpatrick is going to be starting day 1 on opening day... Maybe not the entire season but at least that much is evident.

Can someone please trade Devante Parker to the Giants or Bengals already? I will be pissed if we stash Preston Williams in the practice squad because of this guy... He will get vultured no doubt and end up being a better pro than Parker.

Sorry bud but Fitzpatrick is going to be starting day 1 on opening day... Maybe not the entire season but at least that much is evident.

Can someone please trade Devante Parker to the Giants or Bengals already? I will be pissed if we stash Preston Williams in the practice squad because of this guy... He will get vultured no doubt and end up being a better pro than Parker.
Let fitzpatrick have a few monster games throwing to Parker then trade him lol

I’m only half way joking. We have him signed cheap for the next 2 years, he has the potential to be pretty good but god, the injuries and softness have soured us all. If we could fetch decent value for him i would strongly consider it.

2 things- hopefully Williams can develop and be solid and next years wr crop should be pretty good, we can always draft a DVP (or Stills even) replacement

Ballage as the number 1 running back? Woof. behind this oline? That will be interesting haha

It's very refreshing to hear the coaches tell it like it is with regard to our O-line.

It seemed like in the past they really believed the hype they were passing along to the media about their guards.

I hope for the best for Preston Williams but given that no one has seen him play against actual pro players, his advancement in the minds of fans seems to be classic "we love the UDFA diamond" versus the first rounder that hasn't lived up to expectations. It is highly unlikely he is better than Parker and more likely he gets cut. There's a reason he went undrafted.

As far as Dieter, I'm not that concerned yet. Coaches often say guys have a long way to go. Kinda coach speech to me, whether it's motivation, or simple way of saying he can improve and I expect him to, or if it's just flat out truth saying yeah he's bad right now...it's hard to know which meaning to interpret sometimes.

Yea, I get that -- just think some of us were hoping for a more ready made product...

Understandable. OL are probably legit the toughest position to project what they need to do or how long to develop. But the article also praises him and says he will be a good player. If I had to guess it's learning proper technique in terms of balance and not reaching

Back
Top Bottom