Some Sports Buzz | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Sports Buzz

Used toilet paper has the exact same value as Omars opinion.
People don't like Omar because he doesn't play cheerleader like most want out of a beat writer. Hell, look at this forum. We've got people running around saying we're going to shock the league, we have talent at every position, and of course the most amusing of the entire offseason... we have the best quarterback situation in the NFL.

Fact is for most of his time here he's been right about what the team is and what it's going to look like. He was wrong in 2017 when he thought they'd be good and they were just mediocre, but a vast majority of the time he's right.

Not a single beat writer has said Rosen looks like he's the guy, but the fans that crave delusion and happy endings will disregard that and then hate on them for being negative. I really don't know why people NEED to feel like the Dolphins will be good. Is it to justify their season ticket purchases? It's definitely weird.

The Coach was saying that Dieter's technique needs to be better and more consistent. That's something that can and will be coached. He's a rookie, rarely do they show up without some things that need improvement.
Particularly true of 3rd rounders.

People are always pointing out how the Pats get O-linemen in the mid rounds. True, but what they don't also tell you is that these guys, generally get a year or two to develop, before they are starters.

People don't like Omar because he doesn't play cheerleader like most want out of a beat writer. Hell, look at this forum. We've got people running around saying we're going to shock the league, we have talent at every position, and of course the most amusing of the entire offseason... we have the best quarterback situation in the NFL.

Fact is for most of his time here he's been right about what the team is and what it's going to look like. He was wrong in 2017 when he thought they'd be good and they were just mediocre, but a vast majority of the time he's right.

Not a single beat writer has said Rosen looks like he's the guy, but the fans that crave delusion and happy endings will disregard that and then hate on them for being negative. I really don't know why people NEED to feel like the Dolphins will be good. Is it to justify their season ticket purchases? It's definitely weird.
My opinion of Omar has nothing to do with Rosen, or any one particular opinion.

It has been years in the making, and I am far from a "Dolphins can do no wrong" type if fan.

No people don't like him because he's an immature individual posing as a journalist.

Who do you think will be the starting QB?

I have heard from Omar Kelly that Rosen was looking like Chad Henne and barely got around to be Tannehill esque.

Chad O'Shea: "Josh Rosen"
Everyone Else (maybe even Josh Rosen's parents): "Ryan Fitzpatrick"

Fitzpatrick took hold of the job and will have to play his way out of it. Granted, he's fully capable of that.

For a while there was this narrative catching on like flu, that Josh Rosen shouldn't be expected to win the job, and that if he doesn't, it doesn't say anything about whether he is, in fact, an elite level franchise quarterback in waiting. Because Ryan Fitzpatrick is such a god among footballers, after 14 years of sub-mediocrity.

Then there were two days of practice where Josh Rosen was still quite mediocre, still throwing picks, missing passes, but was a little bit sharper overall, but in the meantime Ryan Fitzpatrick went full Fitzpatrick on us.

This is why Josh Rosen must win this battle if he wants to factor into Miami's future plans whatsoever...because Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT this second coming of Rich Gannon. Ryan Fitzpatrick has gone and done the most Fitzpatrick thing Ryan has ever Fitzpatricked. He went out and impressed the hell out of everyone during the first couple of days by connecting on some long bombs and otherwise looking sharp, and then followed up with two days of looking like crap.

At this stage though, we're far more than 50% of the way through the off season, with Fitzpatrick still pretty firmly in the lead, and thus I think that's where this is heading. Jerry Schuplinski sounded pretty solid on that. But Barry Jackson summed it up pretty well:

Considering Rosen’s intelligence, you would think after three months and 15 practices that his knowledge of this particular offense would be as strong as Fitzpatrick’s. But there’s no way Rosen can know as much about the position, in general, as Fitzpatrick, who has spent 15 years in the league.

Schuplinski insisted the repetitions have been “pretty even” with the quarterbacks, but as far as work with the starting offensive line, Fitzpatrick has received significantly more snaps than Rosen in 11 on 11 team drills, and that allocation needs to be more even for this to be a genuine competition.

And Rosen has faced more defensive backups than Fitzpatrick has, though he did at times throw Sunday against a group of 11 including Kiko Alonso and some starters.

Fitzpatrick overcame a poor start Sunday to finish strong, with multiple touchdown passes in red zone drills. Rosen’s day was up and down, and we’re still waiting for that Rosen moment that wows you. At least neither Fitzpatrick nor Rosen threw an interception.

The Dolphins, incidentally, haven’t named a quarterbacks coach to replace Jim Caldwell, who has left on-field work (but remains a consultant) because of an undisclosed medical issue. His responsibilities are being shared by several staffers.

I mean put that together with what people are saying in Arizona, watching Kyler Murray practice as a rookie, whereas Josh Rosen is a second year player who has been playing in pro style systems since high school. The Arizona onlookers, who saw Rosen practice a year ago and are watching Murray practice this year, are saying that Kyler Murray's floor, his lowest moments in practice, are better than what they saw in Josh Rosen's ceiling, his highest moments.

That sound like Josh Rosen is a burgeoning star at the position, to you?

We've all been saying this for months and it's not unique, the base expectation is that Fitzpatrick is going to start the season but then after pulling a vintage Fitzpatrick, he'll give way to Josh Rosen, and then that goes wherever it goes.

Meh, he's a giant douche. Needs to learn how to talk to people. His responses to people are always cringy.

What is your reasoning behind Butler being a better "fit"?

I'm not very confident in Parker all of the sudden becoming "the guy", but Butler?

I'm not implying that Butler is better than Parker.. Not at all.. He is a better fit in this particular system and also he can create separation better than Parker. He also has the speed to keep opposing defenses honest!!!

I hope for the best for Preston Williams but given that no one has seen him play against actual pro players, his advancement in the minds of fans seems to be classic "we love the UDFA diamond" versus the first rounder that hasn't lived up to expectations. It is highly unlikely he is better than Parker and more likely he gets cut. There's a reason he went undrafted.
Except in his case it isn’t talent. In his case it’s his off field issues. If he had a squeaky clean personal life he would have been drafted and relatively early.

Just a thought and nothing more -- but if the report on Deiter (well behind the curve) is right
coupled with our OL draft history -- then I'd have to say #1 FO priority is to get someone
(preferably the BEST there is) to scout the hogs and stop spinning our wheels...

Tho I know this kind of comment is really premature extrapolation... But still.

Most of this forum is ready to tell you that Flores is a good coach a few days into his first training camp.
"Most of this forum" isn't being paid a 6 figure income for their well written, and spoken opinions. It's hardly equivalent.

Most of this forum is ready to tell you that Flores is a good coach a few days into his first training camp.
There are others teams you can get behind.

You don't like Flores or Rosen or any other player except Fitz. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom