Some Thoughts On Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Thoughts On Rosen

Not when it's a QB and you just took one #1 overall. Only one can play.

Of course, but nothing is going to force Arizona to give him away. If they're getting bullcrap offers right now, then just wait. No reason to give away talent that should net you more.

if they like rosen they should make the trade. dont be like the heat who could have had butler but for 5 measly million.

Personally I think the Cardinals made a huge mistake. They drafted an unknown who could decide to say "screw football. I play baseball." He'll take his millions he made early in football for long term millions in baseball. They did not give Rosen any support a rookie should have. The FO immediately **** on him and the coach and left them hanging dry and high.

There is no downside of us getting him with a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd round pick. The kid will sit behind Fitzpatrick for a few games. No pressure of having to turn a franchise around immediately. Insert him after a few games and see if he can handle the pressure of being a starting QB. With the Dolphins he has more weapons than he had in Arizona and he has player who can bail him out on safe routes.
Wow. You mean to tell me that you would be willing to trade a 2nd round pick for Rosen but you wouldn't make him the day one starter after he was basically a full year starter in Arizona last season? Then what could you possibly see in him as a franchise qb? He would have to play in order to evaluate what you just traded for. They are going to trade a second round pick, which could be a potential starting offensive lineman, for a guy who looked lost behind a horrible offensive line and put him in a similar situation in Miami? What if he looks horrible playing behind this awful offensive line, do you draft another qb high next season or do you use the excuse that the team around him is a mess like you claim was the case in Arizona last season? Not one thing this cluster f of a franchise does shows me that they have a clear vision or plan, and what you are advocating tells me that you are buying in to this nonsense.

The hunt for Rosen reeks of the SOS around here

looking for *splash* and *jazz* while blowing

resources that need to be used on the OL or

somewhere/anywhere besides taking a brat

b-itch low ceiling unathletic QB.

I think Ross gotta wiff of the pending season ticket sales
and "enuff of this building from the basement boise!"
"Get me some $hit I can sell (false hope yet again)!"

Brett Farve didn't set the world on fire (except at the bars) during his 1 year in Atlanta.

I find myself curious about Rosen, especially if the price is low.

If we do this deal (even for a 3rd let alone a 2nd!) it's back to the same old crap

spinning our wheels tying to "win now" while losing 50-60% of our games.

IMO this effort has ROSS written all over it and I strongly suspect he's the

one guiding this scam to bring the great kosher hope to MiA

I'm out if this deal goes through. My stomach can't take it.

And where ??? did all these Rosen supporters suddenly come from?

I think the Ruskies are involved!

Weren't you the one who got all butthurt over calling Sparano "the meatball?"

Weren't you the one who got all butthurt over calling Sparano "the meatball?"

I'm OK with any derogatory term but there was ZERO in my post that's not kosher!

Is that bad word to you?

:)

A QB is a leader of men. Josh Rosen has a significant track record of being poor at that, and no track record of succeeding at it. If we bring him in, it goes against everything Grier and Flores have said … and we will certainly miss out on the QB's in 2020. This looks like just another patch job, but one that is worse than the previous ones. All the talk from Grier & Flores about wanting people who lived and breathed football … is proven wrong. All the talk about wanting to rebuild a culture of commitment and sacrifice … is undone. All the talk about wanting people who are willing to put the team above themselves is proven to be just that … talk.

It's going to be hard to rebuild a team if they can't believe a word their coaching staff is saying. If Flores is to succeed, I sincerely hope we do not add Josh Rosen … his track record is the opposite of everything that Grier and Flores have been saying they want to build. And young players aren't going to get on that bandwagon if they have different rules entirely for the QB.
I’m sincerely interested how you come to that conclusion? Were you at one time on the same team with him, do you know him personally? I’m really interested because it seems you have a very strong opinion on this.

Rosen is a sunk cost for the Cardinals. They have zero leverage. If the highest another team may give up for him is a late 2nd or a 3rd... why would we want him? Has there ever been a QB selected top 10 and then had their replacement drafted in the top 10 the next year without there being some sort of major injury? Closest comparison I can make for him is Ryan Leaf. Would you have given up a 2nd or 3rd for him the year after he was drafted?

Every QB with a little attitude being compared to Jay Cutler is annoying. I don't think he struggled in Arizona because he has opinions. He struggled because he was a rookie QB with no O-line, no weapons, and no coaching. He was thrown into the wolves. He could be a head case, but it could also be a media narrative. Let's say he does pan out, I don't care if he's a douche if he's playing well. It's not like Marino was a nice guy. I know Marino had more leadership qualities, but Rosen can develop them over time or might have them given the chance. He's only been in the league for 1 year.
It's this weird thing where he was working late and showing up first everyday during the off-season in Arizona. The Cardinals even told him he was "their guy" and they were not taking a QB. So let's talk about how they handled this whole ordeal before we blame the one year pro.

Except that Dan in his first year, throw 20 TDs 6 ints 96 QB rating and was 7-2. While Rosen, threw 11 TDs and 14 Ints with a 66 QB rating. Lead his team to the first overall pick and got fired. Little bit of a difference.

funny thing, you didnt compare the talent each qb had around him in his 1st nfl year.

Could you do that for us?

Rosen is a sunk cost for the Cardinals. They have zero leverage. If the highest another team may give up for him is a late 2nd or a 3rd... why would we want him? Has there ever been a QB selected top 10 and then had their replacement drafted in the top 10 the next year without there being some sort of major injury? Closest comparison I can make for him is Ryan Leaf. Would you have given up a 2nd or 3rd for him the year after he was drafted?

Has there ever been an incoming coach who had a bigger hard on for a draft prospect than Kyler Murray?

Has there ever been an incoming coach who had a bigger hard on for a draft prospect than Kyler Murray?

Can you blame him? Murray is everything that Rosen isn't. At least it only took them 1 year to realize he was a sunk cost.

Back
Top Bottom