Some truth on Victory Monday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some truth on Victory Monday

Still not giving him that much credit....Raven made mistakes, Bills D had too many injuries.
Would love for Simms to take such a fine tooth comb to Tom Brady's career, especially with the Patriots, where they basically feasted upon every defense's weak link.

"Tom Brady put up some numbers, but he did it against <team's> third string outside linebacker. Had they had their actual starter and back up, he probably has 200 fewer yards passing in this game." šŸ˜†

Loved the way Tua is developing.
What a difference having an elite tackle protecting his blindside.
We now have his type of weapons that allow him to showcase his talents and any of these so called experts saying need to give the man love for these performances
I guess I'll be "that guy". Tua's, being a lefty, "blindside" is the RT. Armstead plays LT.

Having said that, the term doesn't have the importance it once did anyway.

What made him so good? Was he really accurate? A gunslinger? Or just really smart with the football? He was before my time.
He was very accurate, pretty good athlete too could by time scrambling out of pocket or within. Didnā€™t have a rocket arm but he threw an effortless beautiful deep pass which may be surprising for ppl considering niners used west coast offense with quick short Slants. His biggest thing is he was clutch. The bigger the game, he delivered a big game winning drive or comeback win. He was called joe cool for a reason. We say Brady never seems out of a game well that was joe before Brady

This is exactly one of the things I noticed about Tua from the beginning, he really becomes more dangerous in crunch time. The 4th quarter he will be money no matter what he needs to do.

It's a good QB. TRAIT to start a game well consistently, but it's a special QB trait to be able to end games well consistently.

If some of fans here that remember Dan Marino remember, he was just like Tua, there was a chance that he did not start fast, but as the game went along, he got better, and by the 4th quarter, if. It came to shootout, Dan was not going to fail...Tua just has that 4th quarter fire in him that make him a beast the later it gets in a game. Don't be surprised if some time in his career, Tua and the dolphins find themselves in a ridiculous situations like in the 4th quarter with only 1 or 0 Timeouts left....

- behind by 10 or more points with little more then 2 min left to come back.

-7 points behind with less then a minute.

-Less 40 sec left, down by a FG.

And he finds a way to get it done. Man has the heart of a warrior.
Samoan sniper

What made him so good? Was he really accurate? A gunslinger? Or just really smart with the football? He was before my time.
A winner, small in stature, looked like a banker or accountant. He could scramble and deliver the ball accurately and with great placement. A complete field general. Watch some of his tape on YouTube, he was really good.

Accuracy, anticipation, and football IQ. Had a pretty great, all-time team around him tooā€¦Jerry Rice alone made him even greater.
Some of those teams were just loaded, both offense and defense. That team that blew out Denver in the SB XXIV, 55-10, was a scoring machine.

I read an interview with Joe, where he said when he was at the top of his game, everything appeared as though it were in slow motion. He just had to wait for what he was seeing to develop.

All of the above. Wasnā€™t really a ā€œgunslingerā€ but hit plenty of big plays.
It didn't hurt that Walsh was one of the great offensive innovators of all time. If I'm not mistaken, he was the one who originated scripting the opening plays, as a way to set up things for later in the game. Montana should have had "one for the thumb", but Seifert was a moron, and stuck with a yet to be ready Steve Young, even though Joe had returned from injury, and was ready to go.

Montana used Walsh's system to perfection. The West Coast Offense was a completely new concept at that time and Joe Montana was a perfect fit. It also helped that he had a who's who of surrounding cast members. Montana almost never got rattled and he was very smart with the ball as well as accurate. His arm strength was average but he made it work with the system he played in.

He was very smart (Tua trait), he was accurate (Tua trait), he had inhuman anticipation (Tua trait), (Here come a big one that made Montana great), he had ice in his veins, never seemed nervous, always seemed under control, never panics (Tua trait).
And that mattered more than the physical phenom, athletic, rocket armed, big sized qb like Elway. Elway was basically josh allen before josh allen. It wasn't until the very end of elways career that he won 2 superbowls, meanwhile Joe won 4 superbowls and all the one's he played in. That's why I'm tired of ppl saying Herbert is better than Tua. Yes he has better stats and has shown more so far and Tua needs to keep playing well this whole season. But It's the wins and being clutch in big games that matter the most. Nobody would question elway was definitely a bigger, more physically gifted qb than Montana, yet.....who was more successful? Not saying Tua would be anything like montana, but the point is Herbert could be like Elway too and Tua successful like Montana and I think you could compare the physical skills that way, yet what ultimately matters is the wins and titles

Montana used Walsh's system to perfection. The West Coast Offense was a completely new concept at that time and Joe Montana was a perfect fit. It also helped that he had a who's who of surrounding cast members. Montana almost never got rattled and he was very smart with the ball as well as accurate. His arm strength was average but he made it work with the system he played in.
He had surprisingly good zip tho for an average arm. I was watching highlights and he launched 60 yard bombs effortlessly and some pretty darn good zip without seeming to put much into the throw. His deep passes were amazing. Perfect in stride and effortless. He dropped them in a bucket with ease when so many qbs missed deep passes but for a wc guy he threw more deep passes than ppl think and was quite a good deep passes

Back
Top Bottom