Someone Sell Cutler To Me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone Sell Cutler To Me

SpeedRush99 said:
WTF man? Overrated? The fact is they were ranked in the top 10 by stats, as in Facts, the whole season. Ever think maybe Cutler is just slightly talented?

Everytime I watch the Gators play I was very impressed. Cutler has alot of talent, have you read anything on him, or did you just come up with this opinion about him just off the top of your head. Cuz if you knew anything about Cutler, you would know that he is the real deal

playmaker1 said:
Everytime I watch the Gators play I was very impressed. Cutler has alot of talent, have you read anything on him, or did you just come up with this opinion about him just off the top of your head. Cuz if you knew anything about Cutler, you would know that he is the real deal

No, no. Your reading that all wrong. :D I was one of the first people on this board to really start talking about him way back in October. I've been watching him play for 3 years. I was referring to the guy that was calling the Gator defense overrated and not giving Cutler any credit.

Gators are 29th in pass defense. All the teams he had really good games against were lower than Florida and half arent even ranked.

my bad, I was talking to him to, I quoted the wrong thread. my bad bro. I totally got you on this one

playmaker1 said:
my bad, I was talking to him to, I quoted the wrong thread. my bad bro. I totally got you on this one

:wink:

SpeedRush99 said:
WTF man? Overrated? The fact is they were ranked in the top 10 by stats, as in Facts, the whole season. Ever think maybe Cutler is just slightly talented?
Talented? He isn't mobile, he isn't accurate. All he has is a strong arm and is known to be a "gunslinger". Hey guess what? Rex Grossman is a "gunslinger" too. Hahahaha.

Averages over 42+ passing attempts per game, and the game against Kentucky he had over 60 passing attempts. You know what that is in the NFL if you threw over 40 times? That's called, a bad game. Just ask Matt Hasselback about his 40+ attempts in the Super Bowl.

If we do pick him up, he will be a project QB and will need about 2 years of grooming. He needs alot of maturing to do. There are still a whole mess of players that are way better than he is that are actually worth the 1st round.

He is a mixture of Chad Pennington and Tommy Maddox.

Arkansas - 23/45
Mississippi - 24/41
Richmond - 28/40
Middle Tenn St. - 26/44
LSU - 11/32
Georgia - 15/28
South Carolina - 27/49
Florida - 28/42
Kentucky - 39/66
Tennessee - 27/39

Don't know what it is, maybe he likes to show off his strong arm, but that's alot of passing attempts. Don't know how the passer ratings are worked in College Football, but if thats how he performs, then there will be some major adjustments to make in the pro level.

Vertical Limit said:
Talented? He isn't mobile, he isn't accurate. All he has is a strong arm and is known to be a "gunslinger". Hey guess what? Rex Grossman is a "gunslinger" too. Hahahaha.

Averages over 42+ passing attempts per game, and the game against Kentucky he had over 60 passing attempts. You know what that is in the NFL if you threw over 40 times? That's called, a bad game. Just ask Matt Hasselback about his 40+ attempts in the Super Bowl.

If we do pick him up, he will be a project QB and will need about 2 years of grooming. He needs alot of maturing to do. There are still a whole mess of players that are way better than he is that are actually worth the 1st round.

Arkansas - 23/45
Mississippi - 24/41
Richmond - 28/40
Middle Tenn St. - 26/44
LSU - 11/32
Georgia - 15/28
South Carolina - 27/49
Florida - 28/42
Kentucky - 39/66
Tennessee - 27/39

Don't know what it is, maybe he likes to show off his strong arm, but that's alot of passing attempts. Don't know how the passer ratings are worked in College Football, but if thats how he performs, then there will be some major adjustments to make in the pro level.

Dude,
Your forgetting he played on a lot of crappy teams. If my memory serves me right our great Dan Marino had such #'s because #1: He was GREAT #2: Marino was ALL WE HAD!" Attempts is not a "bad" stat for a QB but it might be a bad TEAM stat.

Vertical Limit said:
whoever told you he isn't mobile was telling you a big lie.

daniel3 said:
Well Cutler isn't running the ball so we look at pass defense and they're 29th. Cutler also wasn't the only QB to throw all over them too as two other so called "lesser" QBs did the same.

Theres also a reason they were 7th in total yds/game. Football is a team game last I checked.

SpeedRush99 said:
Shouldn't be expected to be "sold" by someone else's opinion of him. You are sold by watching someone play. And more than one game, Senior Bowl, like many people here.

AMEN !!!!!

Vertical Limit said:

Arkansas - 23/45
Mississippi - 24/41
Richmond - 28/40
Middle Tenn St. - 26/44
LSU - 11/32
Georgia - 15/28
South Carolina - 27/49
Florida - 28/42
Kentucky - 39/66
Tennessee - 27/39

He isn't mobile? He has rushed for 215 yards and 1 TD. While he's no Michael Vick, he's definitely not a statue.

And as for passing attempts, the receivers in Vanderbilt had a lot drops and what not.

Here's his stats in 2005

-Jay Cutler

Completions: 273
Attempts: 462
Yards: 3073
Completion Percentage: 59.1%
Yards/A(????): 6.7
Touchdowns: 21
Interceptions: 9
Passer Rating: 126.1

That sounds like a very good prospect if you ask me.

Ehh. I guess alot of you guys are stat whores.

I watched 4 of his games this year and the senior bowl. I was impressed by him when I didn't know who he was. I was thinking "This is a pretty decent quarterback." Never did it cross my mind that this guy had enough talent to be a first round draft pick.

He is a product of there being no good QBs this year and many teams with QB needs. If this were 2 years ago he would be picked up in the 4th round.

And while were at it: Leinart will be a bust.

I read where Young won't be throwing at next week's combine - does anyone know if Cutler is planning to throw?

Back
Top Bottom