Sooners to play the Canes in '07 and '09! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sooners to play the Canes in '07 and '09!

kpcane said:
The U is going down the drain because they lost 3 games, and let me guess, Notre Dame is on the rise because they lost 3 games. The U loses to Florida State (BCS team), Ga Tech (victors over Auburn) and LSU (widely touted the most talented team in college football) and now we're going down the drain?? Get your head out of the media's @ss and start making your own evaluations.
did i say it had to do with their 3 losses? has NOTHING to do with it actually. you're thinking too concrete here. there's no DOUBT notre dame is on a rise and miami is falling. as long as larry coker is coach the team will go nowhere but down. he's getting terrible recruiting classes, good players are leaving early, several coaches that were keys to the success of those national championship teams have been fired, etc. kyle wright showed no progress at all last year; he was just as hesitant and unsure of what was going on out on the field against LSU as he did against FSU. maybe the new coaches that were hired could get things right, but that's an unknown. much like when charlie weiss was initially hired, the program was in a big decline. now he's brought them to a much better level. and if you're going to nitpick the losses, notre dame lost to MUCH better teams. funny that canes fans want to say FSU didn't belong in a BCS game, but as soon as they mention that they beat miami, they say "well they were a BCS team so it's not a big deal!"

Juan Cribbs said:
did i say it had to do with their 3 losses? has NOTHING to do with it actually. you're thinking too concrete here. there's no DOUBT notre dame is on a rise and miami is falling. as long as larry coker is coach the team will go nowhere but down. he's getting terrible recruiting classes, good players are leaving early, several coaches that were keys to the success of those national championship teams have been fired, etc. kyle wright showed no progress at all last year; he was just as hesitant and unsure of what was going on out on the field against LSU as he did against FSU. maybe the new coaches that were hired could get things right, but that's an unknown. much like when charlie weiss was initially hired, the program was in a big decline. now he's brought them to a much better level. and if you're going to nitpick the losses, notre dame lost to MUCH better teams. funny that canes fans want to say FSU didn't belong in a BCS game, but as soon as they mention that they beat miami, they say "well they were a BCS team so it's not a big deal!"

Terrible recruiting classes? I thought we had a top 15 recruiting class this year? Players are leaving early? Just Devin Hester this year, and he did it because of financial problems. Besides, he wasn't the game changer this year that he was last year. I don't think any of the canes were ready for LSU, and although Kyle needs to get rid of the ball quicker, I think that's his only downfall. He has a hell of an arm.
Notre Dame didn't lose to much better teams. They lost to the only good teams they played. If you consider Michigan State a good team (they weren't even bowl eligible). USC and Ohio State are good teams too, but I think LSU and Ohio State are very even, and I think LSU might actually be better. FSU didn't belong in a BCS game because they weren't the leader of the ACC...Va Tech was, and they deserved to go. But because there was a conference championship game, FSU earned the right to go. But the fact is, they were still a BCS team and were a missed field goal away from beating a Penn State team that was the media darling this year. Heck, a field goal away from beating the #3 team in the country isn't too bad.
Don't get me wrong, I expect us to win every game, but when you lose to stellar competition (ok Ga Tech isn't stellar) it doesn't make the losing as bad when you lose to a team like Michigan State at home.
Tell me who Notre Dame beat this year...go ahead...find a good team that they beat. The best you'll find is Michigan. They beat nobody else.

kpcane said:
Terrible recruiting classes? I thought we had a top 15 recruiting class this year? Players are leaving early? Just Devin Hester this year, and he did it because of financial problems. Besides, he wasn't the game changer this year that he was last year. I don't think any of the canes were ready for LSU, and although Kyle needs to get rid of the ball quicker, I think that's his only downfall. He has a hell of an arm.
Notre Dame didn't lose to much better teams. They lost to the only good teams they played. If you consider Michigan State a good team (they weren't even bowl eligible). USC and Ohio State are good teams too, but I think LSU and Ohio State are very even, and I think LSU might actually be better. FSU didn't belong in a BCS game because they weren't the leader of the ACC...Va Tech was, and they deserved to go. But because there was a conference championship game, FSU earned the right to go. But the fact is, they were still a BCS team and were a missed field goal away from beating a Penn State team that was the media darling this year. Heck, a field goal away from beating the #3 team in the country isn't too bad.
Don't get me wrong, I expect us to win every game, but when you lose to stellar competition (ok Ga Tech isn't stellar) it doesn't make the losing as bad when you lose to a team like Michigan State at home.
Tell me who Notre Dame beat this year...go ahead...find a good team that they beat. The best you'll find is Michigan. They beat nobody else.
if you're content with a "top 15" recruiting class at miami when you have the talent you guys do in that area, then you must be a huge larry coker fan. wasn't too long ago that anything outside of the "top 5" was unacceptable. the recruiting has only gotten worse, a clear indication of the direction the program is going. FSU beat virginia tech in the conference championship game, therefore they deserved to play in a BCS bowl game. simple. USC and ohio state were a lot better than who miami played. and ND played both teams real close. and how is penn state a media darling? i thought ND was?

how the hell did notre dame come into conversation anyway? i never mentioned them. sounds like someone is bitter.

Juan Cribbs said:
if you're content with a "top 15" recruiting class at miami when you have the talent you guys do in that area, then you must be a huge larry coker fan. wasn't too long ago that anything outside of the "top 5" was unacceptable. the recruiting has only gotten worse, a clear indication of the direction the program is going. FSU beat virginia tech in the conference championship game, therefore they deserved to play in a BCS bowl game. simple. USC and ohio state were a lot better than who miami played. and ND played both teams real close. and how is penn state a media darling? i thought ND was?

how the hell did notre dame come into conversation anyway? i never mentioned them. sounds like someone is bitter.

You're a real spinner. I'm not satisfied with a top 15 class, but I would never be so asinine as to say that it is a "terrible" recruiting class. We only let 1 5 star prospect from St. Thomas Aquinas go away. I'm not a larry coker fan, hence my signature.
The automatic bid is designed to give the best team in the conference the opportunity to play in a BCS game. The best team over the course of the season was Va Tech, then Miami, then FSU. If we were like the Big 10, and didn't play a conference title game, maybe we could start sending 2 teams to the BCS every year (and heck Notre Dame might as well be a big 10 team).
You're not really giving me anything solid here. So you think that Notre Dame is on the rise because they lost to better teams? Notre Dame hasn't proven that they can beat anybody, so how can you say that they are on the rise? Their only claim to fame is that they played USC close this year. Wow. We'll see how they do against Ga Tech next year. I imagine that ND will have a top 3 preseason ranking and Ga Tech will be unranked, but I guarantee victory for Ga Tech.
The reason ND is in this conversation is because you, and the media, are saying that Miami is going down and come to find out you agree that ND is on the rise, despite having the exact same record as Miami. But what's funny is, we actually beat some teams this year, and Notre Dame didn't do ****.

the problem is that you're comparing teams based on their records and nothing else. notre dame was down for many years and they've finally started getting better with a brand new head coach, and scored more points than any team in notre dame history, and solidifying only their 2nd BCS game in the school's history. meanwhile, miami is in the peach bowl for the 2nd straight season where they were destroyed by LSU, in a game where miami appeared to quit after the first half. miami had a weak recruiting class, notre dame had a great one. miami fired several coaches, notre dame is still doing fine from the top, in fact weiss got a huge contract extension. coker may be gone in a year. so could weiss, but if he is gone, it'll be to go to the NFL. ND has the #1 QB in the country. they have a young defense that will only get better. you're both extremely pro-miami and anti-notre dame, so no matter what i say it's pointless. i hate both teams equally, so i can safely say i have no bias in the matter. EVERYONE will tell you miami is declining while notre dame is only getting better.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Doesn't UM also play UF in '07 or is it '08?

I was thinking '09 for some reason. could be wrong.

Juan Cribbs said:
the problem is that you're comparing teams based on their records and nothing else. notre dame was down for many years and they've finally started getting better with a brand new head coach, and scored more points than any team in notre dame history, and solidifying only their 2nd BCS game in the school's history. meanwhile, miami is in the peach bowl for the 2nd straight season where they were destroyed by LSU, in a game where miami appeared to quit after the first half. miami had a weak recruiting class, notre dame had a great one. miami fired several coaches, notre dame is still doing fine from the top, in fact weiss got a huge contract extension. coker may be gone in a year. so could weiss, but if he is gone, it'll be to go to the NFL. ND has the #1 QB in the country. they have a young defense that will only get better. you're both extremely pro-miami and anti-notre dame, so no matter what i say it's pointless. i hate both teams equally, so i can safely say i have no bias in the matter. EVERYONE will tell you miami is declining while notre dame is only getting better.

You're right...we're not going to agree...but you know your stuff.

Juan Cribbs said:
will we be defending our 2nd or 3rd national championship by then?

So you're a UF fan...one excellent recruiting class isn't turning you guys into SEC champions, let alone national champions. LSU is going to be very tough competition for you guys the next few years because Saban left that team loaded.

ya!!

what kpcane said! constantly on top of the when it comes to defense. got a stud running back coming back to prove himself and not to mention a qb with tons of talent. cant wait to finally see willie williams (say what you want about him, the boys an animal) anthony reddick and the phillips boys to unleash hell on the ncaa.

-ya, im a canes fan, wannafighaboutit?! :D

we also have outstanding recruits coming in....look for Gerald McCoy to be the next Tommie Harris :D

Back
Top Bottom