Sounds like Bama is in | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Bama is in

The problem you run into with a playoff is that it just keeps expanding and you end up with too many teams. It's what happened with the NCAA basketball tourney, FCS football playoffs, etc.

It happens with every playoff in any sport. They'll just want to keep expanding it because you're still going to have teams complaining about being left out.

Before you know it, we'll have teams with 7-5 records that haven't beaten a single ranked opponent getting into a playoff.

A +1 playoff is the only scenario that makes sense, using BCS rankings and keeping the 4 major bowls in tact. The conferences aren't going to lose control of that money, I don't give a sh*t who complains about it. It's not going to happen.

OSU had a tougher sched(by the rankings), they didn't get a chance to play LSU and they won their conference.

But Bamas loss is much "better" than OSUs...neither team can lay 100% claim to the #2 spot. The voters had to make a choice. When you lose games you should have won (and both of them did), cries about the system screwing you over fall on deaf ears I guess.

tumblr_l7z9qfClIK1qdoghio1_500-1.png

Been trying to find Namor's rookie card...

Better hold on to that one. Probably worth something...

The problem you run into with a playoff is that it just keeps expanding and you end up with too many teams. It's what happened with the NCAA basketball tourney, FCS football playoffs, etc.

It happens with every playoff in any sport. They'll just want to keep expanding it because you're still going to have teams complaining about being left out.

Before you know it, we'll have teams with 7-5 records that haven't beaten a single ranked opponent getting into a playoff.

A +1 playoff is the only scenario that makes sense, using BCS rankings and keeping the 4 major bowls in tact. The conferences aren't going to lose control of that money, I don't give a sh*t who complains about it. It's not going to happen.

It would nevere be able to get that out of hand b/c you can only play once a week. 4, 8 or 16 would be fine. I think a CFB Final Four would be great.

If it did expand to a crazy amount it would still be much better than what we have now.

But Bamas loss is much "better" than OSUs...neither team can lay 100% claim to the #2 spot. The voters had to make a choice. When you lose games you should have won (and both of them did), cries about the system screwing you over fall on deaf ears I guess.

But their wins aren't better.

Back
Top Bottom