Sounds like Bama is in | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Bama is in

dude, so who then? stanford? ok state? please.

the two best teams are in it. not their fault they already played each other and are in the same damn conference.

LSU would rape either stanford or ok state. we get to see a great football game now. oh no ... :lol:

I guess I'd go Okie State, it doesn't matter if they would get killed or not, Bama had their chance and it's not fair to Okie State or LSU. The system is a joke, computers decide who plays for a championship instead of allowing teams to decide it on the field.

I guess I'd go Okie State, it doesn't matter if they would get killed or not, Bama had their chance and it's not fair to Okie State or LSU. The system is a joke, computers decide who plays for a championship instead of allowing teams to decide it on the field.

the system is a joke. there should be a playoff. nothing new there.

ok state lost to a team that i didn't even know existed until the upset. they lost the right to play for a championship then and there. bama lost to the #1 team in the country ... barely. they got it right this time.

you're not telling me you'd rather watch ok state get handled than the best two teams in the country battle it out, are you? :idk:

Total farce.

Clearly, West Liberty University should have gotten the nod over Bama.

When will the powers that be ever get it right?

:bobdole:

the system is a joke. there should be a playoff. nothing new there.

ok state lost to a team that i didn't even know existed until the upset. they lost the right to play for a championship then and there. bama lost to the #1 team in the country ... barely. they got it right this time.

you're not telling me you'd rather watch ok state get handled than the best two teams in the country battle it out, are you? :idk:

Yes I'd rather see Okie Stat play than Bama for 2 reasons- a)it's unfair to LSU- the clear best team in the Country and B)I don't want to see a repeat of that 9-6 borefest.

Yes I'd rather see Okie Stat play than Bama for 2 reasons- a)it's unfair to LSU- the clear best team in the Country and B)I don't want to see a repeat of that 9-6 borefest.

fortunately, being 'unfair' to LSU and your level of interest - or lack thereof - doesn't factor into the BCS.

The BCS isn't about what silly people want to see...Its about getting the two best teams in the championship game period.It worked
If there was a four team playoff ...LSU vs Stanford and Bama vs Ok.St.
LSU destroys Stanford..Bama ***** slaps Okie St.
Back to where we started ..BCS just cut out the middle man.

As Ive said before, I wanted the OSU - LSU title game. But I really am struggling to see how its so ridiculous that Bama made it when they both have 1 loss and Bamas one loss came to the best team in the nation and OSU's came to a team my IM flag football team could beat. Like TedSlimm said previously, when Bama and OSU lost, they each lost control of their destiny and the right to complain about the title game. It is what it is. And honestly, Bama is the better team.

Im kinda hoping Bama can win it in a close one just to get people even more outraged now :lol:. Split title?

As Ive said before, I wanted the OSU - LSU title game. But I really am struggling to see how its so ridiculous that Bama made it when they both have 1 loss and Bamas one loss came to the best team in the nation and OSU's came to a team my IM flag football team could beat. Like TedSlimm said previously, when Bama and OSU lost, they each lost control of their destiny and the right to complain about the title game. It is what it is. And honestly, Bama is the better team.

Im kinda hoping Bama can win it in a close one just to get people even more outraged now :lol:. Split title?
Best of 3! :lol:

No..they got it right...Ok St..screwed their shot...to a 25 point underdog.
Bama has 5 All-Americans..Ok St.-one
LSU and Bama are the best two teams....
I'd much rather Bama play Ok.st than LSU...Bama or LSU would drub Ok.St.
Did you guys even watch Oklahoma lay down against Ok. St....I almost want
to believe they threw that game...OU rushed 3 players and played a soft zone
the whole game...and Stoops is defensive genius?

yeah.someone needs to investigate the point shaving that went on in the bedlam game. it isn't out of the realm of possibility that OU took a fall for the "greater good" or for a few bucks from boone pickens.

yeah.someone needs to investigate the point shaving that went on in the bedlam game. it isn't out of the realm of possibility that OU took a fall for the "greater good" or for a few bucks from boone pickens.

I'm wondering if Stoops got a nice little christmas bonus from Mr. Pickens.
5 turnovers???? The one that Jones just dropped trying to throw a pass..come on man.
It looked like the first time he ever tried to throw a pass in his life.
Hell..just hand the ball to the defender for score next time champ.
It was shameful.

I'm serious ... West Lib got jobbed!

:chuckle: Really?!? People are bitching? The best two teams are playing. Ain't that the point?

The same one's that are complaining about Oklahoma St. somehow getting screwed are the same one's that will be turning the channel halfway through the 1st quarter when Okie Light is getting blown out by LSU... so they can watch their NFL or college hoops...

A full fledged playoff is going to be difficult to have happen because the NCAA would control all the money. The conferences are the one's that control the money and it's going to stay that way so they can keep the bowl games/bowl tie-ins in tact.

If anyone got screwed over from the Big-12, it's a team like Kansas St. who were passed over for a spot in the Sugar Bowl in favor of Virginia Tech. But it's not the first time Kansas St. has been screwed over in the BCS.... it boils down to how well your fanbase travels, spends money, etc. The bowls have to make money, and there's too many bowl games already and many of them lose money. At least VT's fanbase travels well and can fill up 30,000+ seats in the Sugar Bowl. Kansas St.'s fanbase can't, which is why they were passed up for a BCS bowl 1998 despite being undefeated.

The best college footbal can hope for is a +1 playoff format where the top 4 teams in the country (BCS) can have a playoff for the national championship, while keeping the 4 major bowls in tact.... which is exactly what the SEC tried to propose.

Every conference other than the ACC shot it down and wanted no part of it. This is the way the Big-12 wanted it, so this is how they're going to get it.

The BCS isn't about what silly people want to see...Its about getting the two best teams in the championship game period.It worked
If there was a four team playoff ...LSU vs Stanford and Bama vs Ok.St.
LSU destroys Stanford..Bama ***** slaps Okie St.
Back to where we started ..BCS just cut out the middle man.

How do we know these are the 2 best teams is the point? LSU has proven it but has 'Bama? I don't think so, their sched was not difficult and they lost their toughest game which they had at home. You should have to earn the right to play for a championship, like GB earned their SB last year. if it was the BCS it would have been NE vs. Atlanta and neither team even won a playoff game.

CFB is a joke and will continue to be a joke. I love CBB and the NCAA Tourney is the best postseason in all of sports but if CFB had a playoff it would blow it out of the water but these big schools want to win one or 2 tough games a year and be slotted into a title game rather than earning it.

Okay...this is just silly....Stanford has a better gripe than Okie St.
Their one lose was to Oregon...Ok. St lost to IOWA ST...Let that sink in.
Ok. St has no one to blame but theirselves...end of story.

There is No way,and I mean no way to defend losing to a almost 4 touchdown underdog..
No way.

Okay...this is just silly....Stanford has a better gripe than Okie St.
Their one lose was to Oregon...Ok. St lost to IOWA ST...Let that sink in.
Ok. St has no one to blame but theirselves...end of story.

There is No way,and I mean no way to defend losing to a almost 4 touchdown underdog..
No way.

You want to put Stanford in? Ok, they both deserve it over Bama.

Bama lost at HOME to LSU, that should have removed them immediately unless they had fewer losses than Ok St or Stanford.

Back
Top Bottom