Sounds like Bama is in | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Bama is in

You want to put Stanford in? Ok, they both deserve it over Bama.

Bama lost at HOME to LSU, that should have removed them immediately unless they had fewer losses than Ok St or Stanford.

Thats a big negative....all Stanford and Okie St. had to do was win after Bama lost.
It was set up for them and they failed.
Is this not true?
Just win and don't leave it up to nothing else...this isn't like a undeated team getting screwed over like Auburn in 2004.
This is about teams shooting theieselves in the foot.
They held their own destiny in their own hands and screwed the pooch.

You want to put Stanford in? Ok, they both deserve it over Bama.

Bama lost at HOME to LSU, that should have removed them immediately unless they had fewer losses than Ok St or Stanford.

Losing at home has nothing to do with it. The home team has zero advantage in this rivalry... doesn't matter if it's in Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. The game is typically going to come down to a field goal worth of difference even if they played in a grocery store parking lot in Europe.

Oklahoma St. didn't beat a single ranked opponent on the road, they have zero decent road wins. Alabama went on the road and beat #24 Penn St. in Happy Valley.

Did you see the LSU vs. Bama game when they played on Nov. 5th? If anybody would've watched that game for the first 60 minutes of regulation and then shut their television off... they'd swear up and down that Alabama was probably the better team, and ended up winning that game...

Both Bama and LSU have only been in one game all season that was even a contest... it was against each other.

Stanford got blown out by the Pac-10 Champion... the same team LSU blew out. Stanford didn't "win their conference"... hard to argue for them and against Bama using the same logic.

Oklahoma St. removed themselves immediately the instant they lost to Iowa St. Prior to that, Oklahoma St. removed themselves the instant the Big-12 decided to pass up the SEC's offer of a +1 playoff.

This is the system they wanted, this is the results they got.

Losing at home has nothing to do with it. The home team has zero advantage in this rivalry... doesn't matter if it's in Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. The game is typically going to come down to a field goal worth of difference even if they played in a grocery store parking lot in Europe.

Oklahoma St. didn't beat a single ranked opponent on the road, they have zero decent road wins. Alabama went on the road and beat #24 Penn St. in Happy Valley.

Did you see the LSU vs. Bama game when they played on Nov. 5th? If anybody would've watched that game for the first 60 minutes of regulation and then shut their television off... they'd swear up and down that Alabama was probably the better team, and ended up winning that game...

Both Bama and LSU have only been in one game all season that was even a contest... it was against each other.

Stanford got blown out by the Pac-10 Champion... the same team LSU blew out. Stanford didn't "win their conference"... hard to argue for them and against Bama using the same logic.

Oklahoma St. removed themselves immediately the instant they lost to Iowa St. Prior to that, Oklahoma St. removed themselves the instant the Big-12 decided to pass up the SEC's offer of a +1 playoff.

This is the system they wanted, this is the results they got.

Being at home is a huge edge and can tip the scale of 2 evenly matched teams.

You are using PSU as the marquee win? PSU's best win was over Ohio State.

Stanford didn't get a chance to play LSU at home either, in reality you should have to win your conference to play in the title game.

Stanford didn't get a chance to play LSU at home either, in reality you should have to win your conference to play in the title game.

Why?...Where is that rule?
The BCS 's job is to pit #1 against #2.
Like it has been said before the SEC offered a plus one awhile back.
The other conf's. voted it down.....It's called Karma

Being at home isn't a huge edge in this particular rivalry. LSU and Bama are too evenly matched. The road team has won 7 of the last 11 times.

Beating Penn St. on the road is Bama's best road win. It's a ranked opponent.

Oklahoma St. hasn't beat any ranked team on the road. Period.

Bama's best win was over the #6 team in the country (Arkansas) in a 38-14 blowout. We had scrubs playing the 4th quarter of that game. Arkansas only two losses are against the #1 and #2 teams in the country.

Okie St.'s best win is against #8 Kansas St.... the team a healthy Oklahoma blew out 58-17.

You shouldn't have to win your conference in order to play in the title game. But if they want to make it a rule, then make it a rule.

But it won't be until after LSU and Bama have played for all the marbles.

They let Nebraska and Oklahoma into the BCS title game before without winning their conference, and neither of them had to compete with the #1 team in the country within their own conference.

Being a conference champion holds no weight until all the conferences are playing conference championship games. Secondy, it holds no weight because all the conferences aren't equal. There's at least 3 teams in the SEC that would go win every other conference undefeated.

Teams from the Big-10 and Pac-10 have been getting into the BCS championship game for a decade without having to play a conference championship game.

It's worked in their favor for a decade. It worked against them this year.

I'm serious ... West Lib got jobbed!

:chuckle: Really?!? People are bitching? The best two teams are playing. Ain't that the point?

They would have beaten IOWA ST....LOL

Why?...Where is that rule?
The BCS 's job is to pit #1 against #2.
Like it has been said before the SEC offered a plus one awhile back.
The other conf's. voted it down.....It's called Karma

a 1+ is a joke too, there should be a playoff whether it's 4 teams, 8 teams or 16 teams.

Being at home isn't a huge edge in this particular rivalry. LSU and Bama are too evenly matched. The road team has won 7 of the last 11 times.

Beating Penn St. on the road is Bama's best road win. It's a ranked opponent.

Oklahoma St. hasn't beat any ranked team on the road. Period.

Bama's best win was over the #6 team in the country (Arkansas) in a 38-14 blowout. We had scrubs playing the 4th quarter of that game. Arkansas only two losses are against the #1 and #2 teams in the country.

Okie St.'s best win is against #8 Kansas St.... the team a healthy Oklahoma blew out 58-17.

You shouldn't have to win your conference in order to play in the title game. But if they want to make it a rule, then make it a rule.

But it won't be until after LSU and Bama have played for all the marbles.

They let Nebraska and Oklahoma into the BCS title game before without winning their conference, and neither of them had to compete with the #1 team in the country within their own conference.

Being a conference champion holds no weight until all the conferences are playing conference championship games. Secondy, it holds no weight because all the conferences aren't equal. There's at least 3 teams in the SEC that would go win every other conference undefeated.

Teams from the Big-10 and Pac-10 have been getting into the BCS championship game for a decade without having to play a conference championship game.

It's worked in their favor for a decade. It worked against them this year.

7 of 11 is a little misleading since Bama wasn't a big time team pre-Saban last decade.

Saban took over in '07

2007: Nat'l Champ LSU won at 6 loss Alabama in a close game which bama led by a TD in the 4th qtr.
2008: Bama was #1 when they wo at LSU, LSU lost 5 games that year and the game went to OT
2009: Bama won at home
2010: LSU won at home
2011: LSU won at Bama

You can't tell me being at home means nothing in this series.

Nebraskas in '02 and OU multiple times were even bigger jokes, this is not an antie-Bama or anti-SEC rant, it's an anti-CFB rant.

There's nothing misleading about the road team winning 7 out of the last 11 meetings between these two teams. It is what it is. If being at home was such a huge advantage, the road team wouldn't have won 7 of the last 11.

I believe we went 30 years without losing in Baton Rouge.

I don't see anything wrong with an anti-BCS rant. Blow it up. Fix it. Whatever everyone wants or decides on is fine.

But winning your conference doesn't amount to much. In fact, it's just the opposite....

...most teams that win their conference shouldn't be playing for a national championship. The SEC proves that every year.

There's nothing misleading about the road team winning 7 out of the last 11 meetings between these two teams. It is what it is. If being at home was such a huge advantage, the road team wouldn't have won 7 of the last 11.

I believe we went 30 years without losing in Baton Rouge.

I don't see anything wrong with an anti-BCS rant. Blow it up. Fix it. Whatever everyone wants or decides on is fine.

But winning your conference doesn't amount to much. In fact, it's just the opposite....

...most teams that win their conference shouldn't be playing for a national championship. The SEC proves that every year.

Of course there is when Bama wasn't a big time program for more than half of those years.

How many times did you play in baton Rouge in that 30 year stretch and was LSU a big time program at the time? I can say Carolina dominated duke at Cameron in the 60s when duke wasn't a big time program but what does that prove?

Bama shouldn't be in the title game, for you just enjoy it b/c it doesn't matter. Your team is playing for another title and who cares how they got there but for a sports fan w/ no allegiance like myself it shows how big of a joke CFB is and I appreciate how they get it right on the CBB side of things. Part of me wishes CBB was run the same way b/c Carolina would have 20 Championships in the last few decades but I appreciate having to win it on the court.

junc, In your opinion who would win head to head in a Bama - OSU matchup most of the time?

junc, In your opinion who would win head to head in a Bama - OSU matchup most of the time?

I don't know, I'm not sure how they'd macth up. Probably 'Bama but that isn't the point, 'Bama had their chance to beat LSU at home and failed. That's like me saying UNC would have beaten UK 6 or 7 out of 10 times last year so they should have gone to the FF instead of UK even though UK beat them.

I don't know, I'm not sure how they'd macth up. Probably 'Bama but that isn't the point, 'Bama had their chance to beat LSU at home and failed. That's like me saying UNC would have beaten UK 6 or 7 out of 10 times last year so they should have gone to the FF instead of UK even though UK beat them.

But thats a totally different sport with a totally different system.

How can Bama be disqualified for losing one game to the unanimous #1 team in the nation, but OSU not be held accountable for blowing a game to a far inferior team? The OSU matchup would have been intriguing, but they lost their right to the title game when they lost. Same with Bama. They both left it up to the voters and neither had any right to complain about the outcome IMO.

Of course there is when Bama wasn't a big time program for more than half of those years.

How many times did you play in baton Rouge in that 30 year stretch and was LSU a big time program at the time? I can say Carolina dominated duke at Cameron in the 60s when duke wasn't a big time program but what does that prove?

Bama shouldn't be in the title game, for you just enjoy it b/c it doesn't matter. Your team is playing for another title and who cares how they got there but for a sports fan w/ no allegiance like myself it shows how big of a joke CFB is and I appreciate how they get it right on the CBB side of things. Part of me wishes CBB was run the same way b/c Carolina would have 20 Championships in the last few decades but I appreciate having to win it on the court.

LSU was always a big time program during those years... especially under Charlie Mac, etc. We played LSU every other year in Baton Rouge 15 times from early 70's to the late 90's and never lost a single time.

A playoff is fine with me, I've never really been against it. We're built for it.

Hell, if you listen to all the talking heads and national media pundits out there, we shouldn't even be in the top 25...

All the anti-Alabama sentiment out there by the media means only one thing. It means Alabama is right where they're supposed to be. Winning Championships.

It's been that way for my entire lifetime.... it brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.

If they're not hating you, it's because they're beating you.

LSU was always a big time program during those years... especially under Charlie Mac, etc. We played LSU every other year in Baton Rouge 15 times from early 70's to the late 90's and never lost a single time.

A playoff is fine with me, I've never really been against it. We're built for it.

Hell, if you listen to all the talking heads and national media pundits out there, we shouldn't even be in the top 25...

All the anti-Alabama sentiment out there by the media means only one thing. It means Alabama is right where they're supposed to be. Winning Championships.

It's been that way for my entire lifetime.... it brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.

tumblr_l7z9qfClIK1qdoghio1_500-1.png

As a kid in the 80s and 90s LSU was not close to what they are today, they were not a top 5-10 program.

Looking it up, in the 90s LSU was in the final ranking just twice(12th and 13th), in the 80s 5 times w/ only 2 top 10 finishes, in the 70s 5 times w/ only 1 top 10 finish.

I respect 'Bama, this isn't anything against 'Bama from me. This is about the awful system that allows this.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

But thats a totally different sport with a totally different system.

How can Bama be disqualified for losing one game to the unanimous #1 team in the nation, but OSU not be held accountable for blowing a game to a far inferior team? The OSU matchup would have been intriguing, but they lost their right to the title game when they lost. Same with Bama. They both left it up to the voters and neither had any right to complain about the outcome IMO.

OSU had a tougher sched(by the rankings), they didn't get a chance to play LSU and they won their conference.

Back
Top Bottom