dolfn66

Starter
Reaction score
Gus taking shots at Nick and the organization after signing with St. Louis
is a joke. Like the guy with the hot female friend that hopes to one day be
her boyfriend, only she doesn't share the same feelings for him. I mean come
on? He's a nice guy and all but did he really expect to be Miami's starter for
the next few years? Some part of him had to know that Nick Saban would
dump him for a better QB the first chance he got.

Good riddance to another Miami scrub starter that should have been a backup.

Gus was a good guy, he did his duties and all just because we decided to upgrade at Qb n he wanted lyk 5million so it was his fault not to reconstructure. I would've loved to hav him as backup cause it would've saved us alot of trouble n all.

dolfn66 said:
Gus taking shots at Nick and the organization after signing with St. Louis
is a joke. Like the guy with the hot female friend that hopes to one day be
her boyfriend, only she doesn't share the same feelings for him. I mean come
on? He's a nice guy and all but did he really expect to be Miami's starter for
the next few years? Some part of him had to know that Nick Saban would
dump him for a better QB the first chance he got.

He expected people to treat him with respect, just like you would want people to treat you. But that is not what he got according to his own feelings. Its not that he expected to be the starting QB, but that he would be talked to like he was needed but thats not what he got. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

dlockz said:
Good riddance to another Miami scrub starter that should have been a backup.

Here is a perfect example.

finfan54 said:
Here is a perfect example.

Gus was nothing special and he wants to be irked because we chose to go with a good quarterback over a journeyman that was benched for Jon Kitna. No body else in the league wanted him as a starter either so he should get over himself. Last year 31 teams knew he was not a starter and after his great year now 32 teams know he is not a starter. Its called football, I much more dissapointed about losing Madison than a mediocre Qb that played one year for us. I felt worse losing Rosenfels, if he wanted to stay he would have pushed his agent to renegotiate way back when the season ended. hell I'm wondering if Linehan is the only reason this guy collects a paycheck.

finfan54 said:
He expected people to treat him with respect, just like you would want people to treat you. But that is not what he got according to his own feelings. Its not that he expected to be the starting QB, but that he would be talked to like he was needed but thats not what he got. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I do understand that but he was given the opportunity to return as a backup and chose to backup Bulger instead. He knew the cap would be a factor in his situation coming into the new season. I think Gus would have been a good backup for the Dolphins. What bugs me is that he's been in the league
long enough to understand the business side of the NFL. He earned Saban's
respect with his play last year which is why Saban left the door open for his
return. Instead he pouts and heads off to another team like a little kid.

:dolphins: He's just sour because he knows the Dolphins are going places....and his "new" team probably isn't going anywhere before he retires! Sorry Gus, it's not you....it's us....We're just that much better!!!:sidelol:

dlockz said:
Gus was nothing special and he wants to be irked because we chose to go with a good quarterback over a journeyman that was benched for Jon Kitna. No body else in the league wanted him as a starter either so he should get over himself. Last year 31 teams knew he was not a starter and after his great year now 32 teams know he is not a starter. Its called football, I much more dissapointed about losing Madison than a mediocre Qb that played one year for us. I felt worse losing Rosenfels, if he wanted to stay he would have pushed his agent to renegotiate way back when the season ended. hell I'm wondering if Linehan is the only reason this guy collects a paycheck.

I already made my point. You didnt get it obviously. You have bashed gus from the start so what diff does it make whether he said something or not?

Thats right, no difference.

DaBearNY said:
:dolphins: He's just sour because he knows the Dolphins are going places....and his "new" team probably isn't going anywhere before he retires! Sorry Gus, it's not you....it's us....We're just that much better!!!:sidelol:

yeah thats the answere. Just keep telling yourself that.

finfan54 said:
I already made my point. You didnt get it obviously. You have bashed gus from the start so what diff does it make whether he said something or not?

Thats right, no difference.

I have said Gus is not starting material and all 32 teams agreed so nuff said. Big damn deal he completed 52% of his passes. We have a starter now and obviously no other team respects him all that much either.

dolfn66 said:
I do understand that but he was given the opportunity to return as a backup and chose to backup Bulger instead. He knew the cap would be a factor in his situation coming into the new season. I think Gus would have been a good backup for the Dolphins. What bugs me is that he's been in the league
long enough to understand the business side of the NFL. He earned Saban's
respect with his play last year which is why Saban left the door open for his
return. Instead he pouts and heads off to another team like a little kid.

He was left behind.

Look, I dont have a problem with people who dont like Gus, but to pile on Gus for saying what he said is childish. NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAA!

Its stupid. If you didnt like Gus before, you dont like what he said and you can pile on. Those of us who understand what Gus' role was and how he was treated then compared to how he was treated in the offseason is understandable. I see no need for someone to start a thread on what Gus said. I would just as soon forget it and move on. But people have to continue to bash Gus because it makes them feel like they know something but in reality, they know jack.

dlockz said:
I have said Gus is not starting material and all 32 teams agreed so nuff said. Big damn deal he completed 52% of his passes. We have a starter now and obviously no other team respects him all that much either.

ah change the subject off of you and put it back on Gus. Nice move. Not really.

Back
Top Bottom