Sour Gus | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sour Gus

You know, when Gus is interviewed and says these things, its not like a court of law...the interview can lead the witness. If they took the time to ask him positive questions, such as the good times in Miami, what he admires about the club or Saban, or if he'd of liked to stay, you would get positive answers. But we all know that doesn't sell anything because it doesn't create drama. The media alone is responsible for creating the drama. Unfortuntely our media isn't about being objective anymore....they all wanna offer their own opinions. They don't understand that's for fanboys like us to do on the message boards. :)

Outta control

Waldop said:
Frerrotte is another malcontent that can't get it through his head that he's only mediocre at best!! Saban gave him plenty of opportunity and he blew it, pure and simple!! Anyone else would've benched him!! The more he opens his big mouth, the more it will have a negative effect on him!! I hope he and Linehan skip off onto the sunset together!! They deserve each other!!

Sorry... I had to vent a bit!!

Now you gonna bash Linehan for taking a head coaching job??? Geez, be a little realistic with your post.

IowaDolfan said:
You know, when Gus is interviewed and says these things, its not like a court of law...the interview can lead the witness. If they took the time to ask him positive questions, such as the good times in Miami, what he admires about the club or Saban, or if he'd of liked to stay, you would get positive answers. But we all know that doesn't sell anything because it doesn't create drama. The media alone is responsible for creating the drama. Unfortuntely our media isn't about being objective anymore....they all wanna offer their own opinions. They don't understand that's for fanboys like us to do on the message boards. :)

i dont hold anything that Gus would say about us anyway against him, he is dissapointed he is no longer a starter in the NFL. Hell deep down I'm sure he will appreciate us for giving him his last chance at starting in the NFL.

IowaDolfan said:

Bull****...a person being interviewed can sway the interview anyway he wants to by the answers he gives...all Gus had to do was shift focus to the positive things (if that is what he wanted to do) and the line of questioning would have changed.

In the end, the interviewee is accountable.

Gus can beat out Bulger for the starters job with the Rams.

After all he knows the offense...................

NorFlaFin said:
Gus can beat out Bulger for the starters job with the Rams.

After all he knows the offense...................

I still laugh when I think of all the posters saying they doubted any Qb would beat out Gus for the job.

daniel3 said:
Yeah, thats exactly why. Sigh.

Also finfan54 is correct, if Saban had handled Gus differently by not holding him hostage while he procured his replacement and then demand he take a severe pay cut (especially when Gus darn well could go somewhere else and get much more), he would probably still be here and have accepted a backup role.

Now Miami is in the situation where Tommy Maddox might be our starting QB for half the season and they have no one in the QB rotation that has ever played with this team.

Daniel...if you want to check it out, that Saban wasn't "leading Gus on"...here is a link...look at the chronological news articles..as early as Jan 2 Saban said we'd be looking to upgrade and as early as Feb 22nd, they had told Gus he would not be making starting pay...

http://fantasybaseball.usatoday.com/content/player_news.asp?sport=NFL&id=1224&line=65357

Draft Nick Mangold
clear.gif
23621-1.jpeg
clear.gif

Ya baby! But DO NOT forget AJ Hawk! If the fins could somehow someway get both these Buckeyes, that would be FRICKIN' AWESOME!

clear.gif

He performed and was to get a bonus. He did not restructure and Miami chose to release him. Say what you want about Gus but he was the best QB we have had since # 13. It isn't saying much based on the clowns we have had but he was still better.

so what he's gone he was only a temp fix, he knew it, so why is he crying , because he's going back to being a back up,

DaBearNY said:
:dolphins: He's just sour because he knows the Dolphins are going places....and his "new" team probably isn't going anywhere before he retires! Sorry Gus, it's not you....it's us....We're just that much better!!!:sidelol:

A wise man would at least wait until the season started to laugh in someones face. Seen it a hundread times. We are dead in the water without a good back up QB, just look at the last ten years. Gus was perfect. He also should have taken a pay cut.

Ruderic said:
He performed and was to get a bonus. He did not restructure and Miami chose to release him. Say what you want about Gus but he was the best QB we have had since # 13. It isn't saying much based on the clowns we have had but he was still better.

I don't know about that...statistically, he was about the same as Ears ?? I was not an Ears lover, but his records and stats weren't the worst. He was much more accurate than Gus, but his decision making skills and ball protection were lacking...I just can't see much of a difference between Gus and Ears...both produced winning records for us, but neither could take us to the next level...

finfan54 said:
He expected people to treat him with respect, just like you would want people to treat you. But that is not what he got according to his own feelings. Its not that he expected to be the starting QB, but that he would be talked to like he was needed but thats not what he got. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

He gets paid a LOT of money to do his job. I f he did not make the grade then shame on him. Suck it up Gus...how many millions did you make last year????? and you want to complain.....:shakeno: It would take me 3 lifetimes of working 50 hour weeks to make what he did in 1 year. Yeah i FEEL your pain Gus! Now go suck somewhere else!

All you Gus haters missed what really is happening in Sabanville

The point isn't Gus or hating him or loving him.
Like all the players that did their job and turned Miami around after the Saban fiasco to start the season, they are now being screwed.
The point is Saban is a monster and a tyrant like coaches are in college, but it will bite him in the NFL.
Gus speaks a lot of truth he just isn't articulate enough about the root cause, Saban.
Every last player was put in limbo (contract-wise) before the start of the 2005 year and that resulted in total confusion and losses.
But the vast majority of players were able to overcome the chaos and recover the last half of the season, including Gus.
I am happy for Gus to get a good contract and no ST. LOUIS isn't going anywhere this year and neither is MIAMI.
The FINS did get a pervert for QB. Smooth move ex-lax.
Oh and yes look at Saban's guru, Capers the only man in NFL history to screw up a team worse than Saban could.
Now as we pass into oblivion we only have the good old days of '74 to comfort us.
The only thing that will save MIAMI is if Saban's learning curve toward human caring is radically increased, cause they ain't going to fire him. (Not until they get a Franchise Player that has the juice to put his foot down and stop Saban.)

Back
Top Bottom