Source: Buchanon Hurts Surtain Trade

GRYPHONK

Pro Bowler
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
2,556
Reaction score
16
Yeah it's good and bad. It justifies us not giving him up for less then a 2nd but it also means KC most likely will not be able to get him for less then a 2nd.

Unless other teams jump in he might be a Phin next. I have been saying it all along. Take picks next year. You can get better value anyway.
 

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
0
Nublar-
You must have some kind of beeper that goes off when a new article gets posted somewhere. I just checked sunsentinel like 15 minutes ago and there was nothing. Do you have every major site on some type of constant refresh that alerts you when something new is posted?
 

Gladsadmad

Second String
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
11
Age
47
Location
West Palm Beach
At this point, I'm thinking that Miami should just hold on to Surtain (franchise him next year?) and make Kansas City pay for their stupidity on October 23rd (week 7) when Pat picks off Trent Green and takes it to the house in a Dolphins win.

Then cheapskate Carl Peterson will really look like a fool.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
I say, if push comes to shove, we should keep Surtain just to spite those cheap jerks in KC. Let them face Moss with a cheap secondary. Hopefully, none of the top CBs will fall to KC.
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
caneaddict said:
Nublar-
You must have some kind of beeper that goes off when a new article gets posted somewhere. I just checked sunsentinel like 15 minutes ago and there was nothing. Do you have every major site on some type of constant refresh that alerts you when something new is posted?
I have my ways. If I told you, then I would have to kill you. :wink:

Sad thing is, I won't be here Friday-Sunday Afternoon because of a trip to Penn State(don't worry, I can still watch the entire draft).
 

PhinFan0202

Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Location
Ft.Lauderdale/Tallahassee
They are going to wait this thing out till the last minute so that they can try to pressure us into a draft day trade that we don't want. Too bad Saban isn't Wanny and he's not going to crack to give up a pro bowl corner for a 4th. The days of mediocre coaching are over in Miami, let the Saban era begin!
 

zephon

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
963
Reaction score
0
Nublar7 said:
I have my ways. If I told you, then I would have to kill you. :wink:

Sad thing is, I won't be here Friday-Sunday Afternoon because of a trip to Penn State(don't worry, I can still watch the entire draft).
yeah yeah yeah, I read the Mercury News also.:tongue:
 

Clark Kent

Man of Steel
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
2,944
Reaction score
0
KC will break... The fans will roast the GM if not. They're already annoyed nothing has been done.

They could wait for gimp *** Law. He should be ready to take a physical in oh say 2 months? Still probably will fail. His foot is junk. It's not like he's never had problems with his ankle/foot.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Actually I think Peterson is looking toward trading a pick next year for Surtain. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happened after round 3 ended. Say a KC 4th this year and their 2nd next year.
 

zephon

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
963
Reaction score
0
VanDolPhan said:
Actually I think Peterson is looking toward trading a pick next year for Surtain. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happened after round 3 ended. Say a KC 4th this year and their 2nd next year.
I've said before that that scenerio was possible....and I would be just fine with it. I think it's a good trade for Pat. I'm right with you on that one.
 

gofishn

Starter
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
I still think KC caves right before the draft...Saban won't cave on that 2nd round requirement and we'll get it. Saban is no wuss, hes not gonna back down...thats something Wanny would've done.
 

outlawd2u

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
1,079
We won't get better value for him next year, an aging CB doesn't go up in value as time goes on, and Pat Surtain's knee problems still scare me too
 
Top Bottom