Source Indicates That The Dolphins And Jakeem Grant Are Close To A 4-year Contract Extension | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source Indicates That The Dolphins And Jakeem Grant Are Close To A 4-year Contract Extension

There’s nothing in his game that looks Darren sproles like. Sproles has a frame for contact. You can’t run this dude inside.

They damn well better come up with ways to get this “playmaker” the ball.

Still nothing on the guaranteed money?

This is more like a really poor mans and I mean really poor mans tyreek Hill. He doesn’t have hills fire hydrant frame either.

And that’s before coming off season ending Achilles tear not even 12 months ago

I believe it was an achilles injury but not a tear

If the 4-year deal is really backloaded at year 4 at $14 million and years 1,2,3, at $3.35 it's a fair deal.

Gotta see the entire contract and guaranteed money

I am going to be WAY in the minority, if not singularity, here.

I actually don’t care very much what anyone makes. At all.

Hear me out.

The GM and coaches are going to sink or swim. They will invest in the right players, or not. They will develop them, or not.

So - all these deals tell me is who the GM and coach value. That is pretty much it.

If they are wrong, we will rinse and repeat. If they are right, we won’t care.

I am going to be WAY in the minority, if not singularity, here.

I actually don’t care very much what anyone makes. At all.

Hear me out.

The GM and coaches are going to sink or swim. They will invest in the right players, or not. They will develop them, or not.

So - all these deals tell me is who the GM and coach value. That is pretty much it.

If they are wrong, we will rinse and repeat. If they are right, we won’t care.
The problem is Grier has been here for 15 freaking years and nothing good has happen and yet, here he is.

The problem is Grier has been here for 15 freaking years and nothing good has happen and yet, here he is.

I get ya. But the sink or swim thing is finally going to happen with him, right?

The numbers matter to me when the player fails to live up to them. Not when they sign.

I get ya. But the sink or swim thing is finally going to happen with him, right?

The numbers matter to me when the player fails to live up to them. Not when they sign.

Ok so you mean the opposite of Bobby mccain

I like the move and I like the player. He’s going to return kicks for TDs every year and make those big plays that break games open. It’s a fair contract for an interesting player.

Here's the thing...

Many posters here are pretty clueless about something called 'going rate'.
They rant and whine every time we sign someone. "I woulda signed him for less", the say with childish conviction and tears running down their tiny little cheeks...

It's kind of funny.

The sky is falling, we sign a player early to an extension it's a reach, we lose him to free agency or overpay when his value rises we should of signed him earlier. Flores hasn't coached a single damn game and people look to critique blindly. The reason I say Flores is imo his endorsement is all over a signing like this, but yeah yeah yeah Griers a failure already been with us over a decade with nothing to show. **** it not even worth my time, but yes I am excited to have flores at the helmet and wish him the best.

I thought he tore his achilles, but if it wasn't a tear then I'm all for this resigning. He has been vastly under-utilized and this contract makes it seem like he's going to be heavily involved in the offense, as he should be. Legitimate deep threat and someone who can take a 3 yrd pass and turn it into a long TD.

Glad to hear it. Now I'd love to see him pull a Xavien Howard and ball-out to prove his worth.

Back
Top Bottom