Sources: Miami would like to trade Thigpen before draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sources: Miami would like to trade Thigpen before draft

Thirdpartyfacepalm-1.jpg
:lol:. awesome.

I think that Pennington will be brought into the organization as a QB coach after he's through playing and he'll fill a simular role from the bench this year. I also think these Thigpen/Smiley trade rumers are just a ways to drum up interest where there isn't any. I would be suprised if either of these players are traded before the draft. I'd be equally suprised if we got anything more than a 5th round pick in 2011 for thigpen.

It would actually look a lot like they like Pat White. Spending a 2nd rounder on him is further evidence of that, as is the multiple shots they gave him during the regular season. Has White justified that confidence? No, not yet. But that doesn't mean that White is doomed never to get better.

Read my signature for further commentary.

Thank God for some objectivity on White. He's still a kid! Sure the front office could have picked someone else in a different position of need, but it's not the kid's fault that they picked him. How anyone could say at this early point that he's a bust is a joke. Miami fans are creating a self-fulfilled prophesy by criticising this talented youngster so much he never has the confidence or support to succeed.

This young guy has a lot of special qualities. He's a bit small still (that's something within his control) and he needs to make quicker decisions in the pocket (again something that than be coached). But he's got other skills and natural abilities that a lot of players would kill for - QBs incl.

I can buy some of the Ginn criticism and all of the Porter criticism for example, but White is just a good kid trying to make the huge leap from college to NFL and he's not exactly getting an armchair ride from his "supporters". It might take a year, it might take 3, and - sure - it might never happen. Do you really think you're better judges of talent than the Trifrcta and coaching staff?

Maybe White will get switched positionally to expose him to the NFL in a less dramatic way than the QB slot. But my guess is he'll end up as a roster QB and probably a good one..

Cut the kid some slack.

So we comfortable enough with a backup on his last legs and another backup who may never show much of anything in the league, that we're willing to move a promising young TALENT for a mid to low round pick that may never even see the field? Dumb.

Trading Thigpen is a huge mistake.
Why?
Penny staying after this year is very unlikely
Good backup
Come on he is better Pat White. Why in the world is he our 2nd still?

At this point I think these "trade for picks" scenerios are key to our success this year. I think this is a deep draft and we need more picks to bring in new talent

Honestly if I'm Buffalo I'm calling Miami now to offer a 4th rounder for Thigpen. There are some teams with some really awful Qb's out there. I really hope someone bites on this.

Back
Top Bottom