Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
One of the most surprising stories that I heard was that Jacksonville did not trade down out of their #10 pick because they believed that Miami was set to take DT Alualu at #12.
Like many, I had not even heard of Alualu until Jax picked him. My immediate thought was - what a ridiculous reach - LOL. However, it's kind of ironic if he was going to be the pick.
I'm sure that we will never know the truth.

I think Miami always wanted to trade out of the 12 spot, had Alualu been there at 12 I doubt it would have made a difference.

One of the most surprising stories that I heard was that Jacksonville did not trade down out of their #10 pick because they believed that Miami was set to take DT Alualu at #12.
Like many, I had not even heard of Alualu until Jax picked him. My immediate thought was - what a ridiculous reach - LOL. However, it's kind of ironic if he was going to be the pick.
I'm sure that we will never know the truth.

Where did you hear that?

I think Miami always had intentions of trading down. The Dolphins picking Alualu at #12 sounds like damage control from the Jaguars.

if you noticed that north v south senior bowl footage he wasd tearing it up with odrick getting some intense pressure from the inside

I think Miami always had intentions of trading down. The Dolphins picking Alualu at #12 sounds like damage control from the Jaguars.

With the recent release of J. Henderson, I don't believe its damage control...its just confirmation in their (Jags) draft board.

Where did you hear that?

Attached quote from Jax blogger...
The Jags got word that the Dolphins were going to take Alualu at 12. I believe that Miami was talking him as well. After Alualu went, what did the Dolphins do? They traded back because their man was gone only to take the next DT who was close to Alualu in Odrick. Parcells wanted Alualu.

Im sure the Dolphins also wanted Suh, G. McCoy, and Berry. Too bad they were already drafted and so our last resort was to trade down.

The trade down talks began with San Diego 2 hours before the draft started.

Wouldn't be surprised. They probably figured Alualu would be around late in the first. It's naive to think the Trifecta got "who they were targeting all along," but we'll never know who they would have taken if the draft fell exactly the way they wanted.

They wanted to trade down all along. Only way they wouldn't have, is if one of the elite prospects like Berry fell to them, and even then they possibly would have accepted a kings ransom in a trade down.

I am with the majority that Miami always wanted to trade down, but truth is Aluala was scouted by Miami.

With the recent release of J. Henderson, I don't believe its damage control...its just confirmation in their (Jags) draft board.
It is damage control on taking him so high in the draft. The Jags have been blasted the last few days for taking a player most considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick at #10 overall. Now the Jags are trying to justify taking him so high by saying he was going to be off the board at #12 to Miami. The Dolphins for a few days leading up to the pick for really shopping the pick hard. They wanted to get back the second round pick they lost in the Marshall trade.

Maybe the Dolphins had interest at Alualu at #28, but I highly doubt they did at #12. I actually think the target at #28 may have been Dan Williams. I am personally glad they opted for Odrick.

Back
Top Bottom