Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick

http://www.universaldraft.com/position-rankings/2010/final-top-100-board/

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010/04/03/cks-big-board-432010/

On those, you'll notice that Tyson Alualu was rated the #12 overall talent on my draft boards.

I LOVE the guy, even more than Jared Odrick. If Miami had picked him I would have been absolutely, positively stoked. I like the Odrick pick a lot, but trading down and getting Alualu would have been better. That shouldn't surprise or shock anyone, I mean Alualu went #10 overall and Odrick went #28 overall and I think it would be a bit homerish to conclude that there's no reason for that.

The Truth is Miami wanted Misi...So they wanted a 2nd round pick to make sure they got him...

So thats why they traded down...

The only way they would have not traded down is if there was someone there they absolutley had to have...

There wasn't so they traded down and got some good value

As I understand it, interest in Alualu was rising as the draft got closer. Speculation was he was a prospect for late 1st to mid 2nd.

Had Miami gone Hughes or Kindle then if Alualu was stil on the board @ 40 then maybe he would have been the pick.

All things being equal, I like the way the draft went down.

Alualu was really good in his film. I just don't see a 6-2 penetrator being the great fit in our 3-4 end.

It is damage control on taking him so high in the draft. The Jags have been blasted the last few days for taking a player most considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick at #10 overall. Now the Jags are trying to justify taking him so high by saying he was going to be off the board at #12 to Miami. The Dolphins for a few days leading up to the pick for really shopping the pick hard. They wanted to get back the second round pick they lost in the Marshall trade.

Maybe the Dolphins had interest at Alualu at #28, but I highly doubt they did at #12. I actually think the target at #28 may have been Dan Williams. I am personally glad they opted for Odrick.

Very well said. But I actually think they wanted Rolando Mclain. Ireland said that once the player we wanted at #12 was off the board, we tried really hard to trade down. I highly doubt that player was Alaulua.

We wanted someone in the top 12, and I'm thinking it was Rolando Mclain.

I think anytime one team starts talking about what players another team took or didn't take right after the draft like that it's probably spin or damage control.

They had something to say about Tebow as well.

It's pretty well documented that the fins wanted to draft down to be able to get a 2nd round back.

Very well said. But I actually think they wanted Rolando Mclain. Ireland said that once the player we wanted at #12 was off the board, we tried really hard to trade down. I highly doubt that player was Alaulua.

We wanted someone in the top 12, and I'm thinking it was Rolando Mclain.

I thought it was an offensive player they wanted that was off the board which leads me to believe t was Spiller. I don't remeber why I thought it was an offensive player though.
Guess we'll never know and it doesn't really matter now.

Jags are getting ripped by their fans because they wanted Tim Tebow. TA is a really good player. The guy is just flat out disruptive. I don't understand this "reach idea" to an extent. You draft the guy you really want in that round. If you reach a little so what.. if he's your guy, he's your guy... Draft best player available at need because that's what is going to help your team the most.

Also, if the dolphins wouldn't have traded down and TA was there, I would have been happy with the pick. So what if he wasn't one of the big names, he's going to be a difference maker on that team.

FYI, I live up here in jacksonville and I listen to the Pete Prisco show often. I rarely agree with his thoughts and ideas but he's on board with the pick which shocked me. The guy is anti wildcat, mediocre on the dolphins, but he loves Dan Marino.

Im sure the Dolphins also wanted Suh, G. McCoy, and Berry. Too bad they were already drafted and so our last resort was to trade down.

The trade down talks began with San Diego 2 hours before the draft started.

with Dobbins signing his tender days before the draft and being sent to miami ... this trade must of been agreed upon, or very close to, well before the draft.

I would have loved Alualu here in Miami personally.

Sure Alualu wouldve been great to have here...But, Ill take Odrick PLUS Misi instead of Alualu any day of the week...

Back
Top Bottom