Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation that Tyson Alualu was going to be the pick

It is damage control on taking him so high in the draft. The Jags have been blasted the last few days for taking a player most considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick at #10 overall. Now the Jags are trying to justify taking him so high by saying he was going to be off the board at #12 to Miami. The Dolphins for a few days leading up to the pick for really shopping the pick hard. They wanted to get back the second round pick they lost in the Marshall trade.

Maybe the Dolphins had interest at Alualu at #28, but I highly doubt they did at #12. I actually think the target at #28 may have been Dan Williams. I am personally glad they opted for Odrick.

IDK, I seen nothing before the draft that Henderson was being shopped or looking to be cut by the team. I just think they got their man, and promptly cut Henderson.
I have seen since the draft the blow back for the pick. But once I seen Henderson cut, I have to believe it was a calculated decision for the guy they wanted.
And yes, I'm glad D. Williams was gone. I'm not sold on any of the draft picks. Rather see them in PS and through the season before giving unfounded expectations and hype.

I am with the majority that Miami always wanted to trade down, but truth is Aluala was scouted by Miami.

I'm sure Miami did scout Alualu and i'm sure they liked him...he's a good football player. I'm also sure Miami, like most everyone thought he would be there at the end of round 1. I'm sure he was one of a few targets Miami had after trading back....I highly doubt he was in serious consideration at 12

I am with the majority that Miami always wanted to trade down, but truth is Aluala was scouted by Miami.

Aluala may have be the one or among two or three exceptions to the rule that was being considered at one point. The FO trading down sure looked premeditated with the timing.

They definitely liked Alualu. They just liked him later, and they never expected Odrick to slip that far.

Odrick has the length this regime wants in a 5 technique...Alualu does not.

Since Parcells has taken over, mostly every pick is someone that I dont expect. The dolphins traded down after jacksonville pick aluala, so if he were there when miami picked then, maybe they would have taken him. I guess well never know, but im glad jacksonville drafted him, but again maybe in a few years I wont be...

It's not impossible, but I think Miami was more interesting in moving down to get a second round pick than they were in Alualu or anyone else that was available once Berry went off the board.

Little doubt in my mind that Oderick is the better player. But, Tyson's a very good player. Haden at #7 is a worse pick than Tyson at #10.

So if the fins would have dafted Alualu then Misi and ended up starting Soilai at NT. We would have had a field day coming up with nicknames for the three of them :)

I personally don't think Alualu is a bad player but he was picked very early. I wouldn't have minded taking him with our pick if Odrick wasn't available.

if you listen to Irelands presser he was asked by the media what went down with the trade down. Ireland said that sandiegos guy had to be there and that an offensife player miami liked had to not be there.

The only way we don't trade down is if Beery or Suh fall, or nobody trades up. Then D.Williams is the pick, especially after Arizona got him the first thing G.Brandt (great friend of BP) said Miami's war room just went silent and deflated. They wanted D.Williams all along but not more then a 2nd round pick and when he almost fell to them it seemed to good to be true.

I highly doubt they thought for a single minute Arizona would select him or they probably would have traded ahead of them. Odrick then becomes another excellent pick when he was a consideration at 12 if Williams was gone, thus being the highest one left on their board.

Alualu was more likely a fall back plan if the top players we're off the board.

My opinion of course but it makes more sense then Alualu at 12.

if you listen to Irelands presser he was asked by the media what went down with the trade down. Ireland said that sandiegos guy had to be there and that an offensife player miami liked had to not be there.

Exactly - CJ Spiller was our man

Sorry Jags, make up all the stories you want since they can't really be proven one way or the other but in the end, our front office ends up paying #28 money while your front office will cough up #10 money for players who just may have similar abilities.

No scenario you can come up with will change that. Oh, plus we picked up the #40 pick in the draft as well with our move down. In the end, we save, acquire and don't get blasted for reaching at the top of the draft. Ha!

angrysamoans-1.jpg
So if the fins would have dafted Alualu then Misi and ended up starting Soilai at NT. We would have had a field day coming up with nicknames for the three of them :)

Back
Top Bottom