Spielman Purge- He Has to GO | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman Purge- He Has to GO

MDFINFAN said:
Then there are more fools out there than we think,,Spielman's a keeper..we needed a bad year to right the ship..Speilman did the right things last year and the future will be brighter for it, and I'm not just talking picking up Saban.

You of all people know a fool when you see him. Judging from your posts you see him every time you hit the restroom.

So we should thank Spielman for the bad year?

What right things did Spielman do last year? He had nothing to do with hiring Saban.

Was Gordon worth a 3rd rounder this year? Is Feeley ever going to be worth what Miami gave up for him? I hope the answer to question 2 is yes but frankly I am not banking on it.

If you answered yes to either or both questions please check into the Jets ng. They are always looking for more delusional fans.

The frequent anti-Spielman threads aren't superfluous rehash, they are necessary and remarkably revealing. It's amazing his wave of apologists just don't get it, and continue to desperately defend every botched decision. Spielman made basic mistakes preceded and followed by mistakes he patented on his own. As Bill Parcells emphasizes, your record is a true reflection of your team. We are 4-12 based on merit, Rick Spielman's resume of work. He depleted this team's talent base and we will suffer the consequences for years.

You don't dismiss every player at a critical position, a la OL last offseason, and then expect to restore it via a mass of free agent signings. Obviously you aren't going to nab everyone you target. We are 1/32 of the league. That's 3.125%. In EVERY free agent pursuit, a given team is a sizeable underdog. Therefore the posts that emphasize, "if Spielman had his way our OL would have included Woody and Tait, blah, blah..." are downright laughable. Even more hysterically pathetic was Spielman's solution when the top tier guys rejected him, frantically pursuing the lesser talents and overpaying like he was printing cash.

Frankly, I wish Spielman would bid on every one of my eBay auctions. Work would become optional within weeks. I'll line them up one by one to end 15 minutes apart, descending level of quality. As soon as Rick loses out on one item he'll double up on the next one.

FiN.in.RI said:
No I wouldn't have done that. I would have done what Speilman did. Maybe not with the same players or actions, but you understand, it would have been rushed and, for lack of a better term, panic stricken. The point I am trying to make is that Speilman was put in a piteous position in which there was no option for him but to save a sinking ship that was sunk before it left the dock back in '99.

He is being made the scapregoat for Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wanndstedt, the main (only) decision makers of the past 6 or whatever years, IMO.

Speilman was put in a bad position, I agree. Im not blaming him for a bad season. I do have a problem with him wasting our draft picks in panic moves. We'd have had our 2nd rounder, another 3rd, and a 4th last year if we hadnt made questionable moves that Speilman undoubtedly made. Thats a lot of draft picks to give up for basically nothing. I do not want a GM that trades draft picks for questionable or backup caliber players. Wannestadt and Speilman were both cavalier with draft picks, in trading them and wasting them. I just disagree with that philosophy. I think Speilman can get in an organization as a scout and work his way back up, he works hard and he can learn. He's just in over his head as a lead personel guy, thankfully Saban was incharge of this team. Speilman just isnt experienced and savvy enough right now to be a GM.

Steve S said:
You of all people know a fool when you see him. Judging from your posts you see him every time you hit the restroom.

So we should thank Spielman for the bad year?

What right things did Spielman do last year? He had nothing to do with hiring Saban.

Was Gordon worth a 3rd rounder this year? Is Feeley ever going to be worth what Miami gave up for him? I hope the answer to question 2 is yes but frankly I am not banking on it.

If you answered yes to either or both questions please check into the Jets ng. They are always looking for more delusional fans.

Oh well, I tried to talk football and what happen at what time..Why don't you apply for the GM job..you know everything..especially after the fact..

Did you read the link I provided, trying to give you some insight..??

:shakeno:

inFINSible said:
Let's assume that they were panic moves, what exactly was he supposed to do? Did he have a choice once we started losing players right and left? Sure it would have been better for the franchise to just let the ship sink but, would you have done that? His job was on the line. The franchises' potential season earnings were on the line. And I'm sure Wayne was on line three.

He did what he could and still did it with an eye to the future by not bringing in stop-gap used up veteran talent which would have cost him the same price.

I just don't think there was anything else he could have done.
Yes, I'm quoting myself.....anybody want to address this?

MDFINFAN said:
Oh well, I tried to talk football and what happen at what time..Why don't you apply for the GM job..you know everything..especially after the fact..

Did you read the link I provided, trying to give you some insight..??

:shakeno:

The problem is that you are not talking football.

You are talking excuses. What Spielman did last year was gross incompetence starting with his draft day choke job.

inFINSible said:
Yes, I'm quoting myself.....anybody want to address this?

I'll try...

Stock Answer #1: Oh please, you Spielman apologists are all the same. Why can't anyone realize he ruined this team? Stop making excuses...he sucks plain and simple. Every signing/trade he made was horrible..I could have done better!! WannySpeil have set this team back for years. Take off you aqua & orange glasses and realize the truth like I have! He must go...NOW! And I won't stop until I make 3,056 threads that say the EXACT same thing without bringing anything new to the table!

Stock Answer #2: Oh please, you Speilman haters are all the same. Why can't anyone realize he did the best he could with what he had? With Ricky retiring and injuries left and right, he had to sign/trade for whatever he could get. Don't forget Wanny's philosophy was to "win now", so Spielman was rushed to sign/trade for players to fit that philosophy. All his draft picks made the team and contributed in some way. Lamar Gordon would have been a good back if he wasn't injured. The O-Gun for Booker/3rd was a good trade. Take off your glasses of hatred and realize the truth like I have! With Wanny gone things will get better. If Saban didn't want him he'd be gone by now!

There I tried my best. You can pick either answer. :tongue:

Well with today's recent news all I have to say is...LOCK THIS THREAD! I'm soooo excited...not because Spielman's gone...I'm just happy we don't have to deal with anymore of these "Spielman should go/stay" threads. It's a good day for FinHeaven.

finfan54 said:
I dont see us getting Law at all. I dont think Saban is that stupid to sell off Surtain and then pay all that money on Law who has been injured these past years.

Saban, like belechick, do not rely on all pro CB's to run there defense. They rely on great safeties and big LB's who come from all directions and big DT's who can plug the middle.

I hope your right. I want to believe he wont sign Law. That would show desperation. If he is going to blow the team up, then blow it up. Save all that money for next offseason. Tremendous amount of excellent FA's we could bring in.

we should have us some nice draft picks we get for JT and Zach, plus all of our own finally. This team will look extremely different if he stays on his current course. No Ty Law, and we will be looking pretty next offseason. I hope the dude gets his head out of his a$$, and drafts the BAP's in the next draft, and get off his kick of sticking to what he knows, like he did in the past draft. That was horrible, but he may have been need picking to get the best replacements for JT and Zach. Hey, if he feels they need to go, fine. After hearing JT's comments in the offseason, on the 3-4, if he is unwilling to budge to LB, then fine, get him gone. But, to pass on antajj twice, and darryl Blackstock twice, was pretty stupid! We could of had a replacement DT for dirt cheap, and a SS LB for the 3-4. I'll give him a brake, because he may have an eye on a FA in 06 for the SS LB, just have to wait and see.

LithoMan said:
I hope your right. I want to believe he wont sign Law. That would show desperation. If he is going to blow the team up, then blow it up. Save all that money for next offseason. Tremendous amount of excellent FA's we could bring in.

we should have us some nice draft picks we get for JT and Zach, plus all of our own finally. This team will look extremely different if he stays on his current course. No Ty Law, and we will be looking pretty next offseason. I hope the dude gets his head out of his a$$, and drafts the BAP's in the next draft, and get off his kick of sticking to what he knows, like he did in the past draft. That was horrible, but he may have been need picking to get the best replacements for JT and Zach. Hey, if he feels they need to go, fine. After hearing JT's comments in the offseason, on the 3-4, if he is unwilling to budge to LB, then fine, get him gone. But, to pass on antajj twice, and darryl Blackstock twice, was pretty stupid! We could of had a replacement DT for dirt cheap, and a SS LB for the 3-4. I'll give him a brake, because he may have an eye on a FA in 06 for the SS LB, just have to wait and see.
Speilman gone.............and discussion has ended.

Steve S said:
The problem is that you are not talking football.

You are talking excuses. What Spielman did last year was gross incompetence starting with his draft day choke job.

I never gave an excuse for Speilman, I supported what he did and why he did it. That what I mean, you didn't understand the difference...but anyway, he's left now, and we lose a good personnel guy and you really don't understand enough about this subject to continue this, so I'm going to lick my wounds...You should feel happy that he's gone now..but someday you'll understand what I was trying to say in terms of him being a good evaluator of talent. In the next 3 years watch our draft class from the last 2 years..Saban had a lot of input from Rick, I bet you.

Time to move on (period)

Time to move on with what is ahead period. Move away from obsessive ricky, rick, and wanny threads. I have posted some comments recently about Wanny myself, and I realize it is time to move on. Plain and simple.

Lee2000

Noodle Arm said:
I'll try...

Stock Answer #1: Oh please, you Spielman apologists are all the same. Why can't anyone realize he ruined this team? Stop making excuses...he sucks plain and simple. Every signing/trade he made was horrible..I could have done better!! WannySpeil have set this team back for years. Take off you aqua & orange glasses and realize the truth like I have! He must go...NOW! And I won't stop until I make 3,056 threads that say the EXACT same thing without bringing anything new to the table!

Stock Answer #2: Oh please, you Speilman haters are all the same. Why can't anyone realize he did the best he could with what he had? With Ricky retiring and injuries left and right, he had to sign/trade for whatever he could get. Don't forget Wanny's philosophy was to "win now", so Spielman was rushed to sign/trade for players to fit that philosophy. All his draft picks made the team and contributed in some way. Lamar Gordon would have been a good back if he wasn't injured. The O-Gun for Booker/3rd was a good trade. Take off your glasses of hatred and realize the truth like I have! With Wanny gone things will get better. If Saban didn't want him he'd be gone by now!

There I tried my best. You can pick either answer. :tongue:

Perfect! :D

The truth is, much like the AJ Feeley posts, those who dislike RS will magnify his shortcomings and downplay his successes. His successes, much like O-line play is often overlooked. His shortcomings, much like a CB getting burned, will be rehashed over and over again.

MDFINFAN said:
I never gave an excuse for Speilman, I supported what he did and why he did it. That what I mean, you didn't understand the difference...but anyway, he's left now, and we lose a good personnel guy and you really don't understand enough about this subject to continue this, so I'm going to lick my wounds...You should feel happy that he's gone now..but someday you'll understand what I was trying to say in terms of him being a good evaluator of talent. In the next 3 years watch our draft class from the last 2 years..Saban had a lot of input from Rick, I bet you.

At least no one called you a pompous ***.

Back
Top Bottom