Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's

Koa Misi will not start at MLB. That is such a joke.

Misi is a depth player fellas, his tools are extremly limited. Ask opposing lineman to sum up hs game and they will say two words: bull-rush. Considering we could of had Gronk, Misi was a fail..

Don't we here this every off-season>this team needs to be vertical. Blah, blah, blah. Just make this team good already. I could care less if it is vertical or not.

its not that misi doesnt collect a ton of sacks, it's just that he seems to just be a body out there. rarely did I ever see him even get penetration let alone a sack. I just never see him contribute much. I like keuchly a lot better than misi... to each his own.

Misi is brutual. He never makes any impact plays. I would love to see him in another uniform come 2012. I doubt it happens.

He said fill weakest position with first round pick

2008- We had Carey at LT who wasnt the best but he was far from the weakest link on the line, he was probably our best lineman so that makes the statement untrue. We had John Beck at qb who was horrible in limited play
2009-you might be correct]
2010=we had merling and langford who were certainly better than many of the linemen on our team
2011-C although not a strength was not as bad as our guards

2008 - Carey was not good at LT and we did not have any RT. Nobody!
2009 - We agree
2010 - Our line was Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey - at the end of 09 season projected as a top 5 line. If you look at depth chart going into draft there were no massive needs, but Ferguson has just been suspended for 8 games and FO wanted a better passrush and more rotation out of front. Im not saying I agree and maybe this is the one year u have an argument, but Ireland 100% had the intention of starting Odrick with Starks at NT.
2011 - We had Incognito playing Centre and if not Joe Berger! Centre was definately a need!

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said coach Joe Philbin wants an offense that will “go vertical, get the ball out quickly, spread it around to a lot of different players.” But Miami must adjust if Peyton Manning signs, because as Brian Billick said, “Why would you bring him in and not do what he does best?” But a Manning associate said he believes Manning would be receptive to blending in some of Philbin’s and Mike Sherman’s elements.

The Dolphins have told at least four people they want to play a 4-3 defense primarily, with some 3-4, and would be comfortable Karlos Dansby, Kevin Burnett or Koa Misi manning the middle. Ireland has raved about the potential of Dansby in that role, but Misi has good instincts for the spot, too.

Among the half dozen players linked to the Dolphins with the No. 8 pick, South Carolina linebacker/end Melvin Ingram helped himself at the NFL Combine and Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw hurt himself, with lack of explosiveness. But Ireland said he had his draft board set before the Combine “because they’re not playing football. They’re just running around in shorts.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

upshaw is going to be a stud. just ask LSU about his explosiveness.

If we are set at Qb before the draft, it will be OL LB/DE and FS all along. Philbin likes Clay a whole lot, Fasano is still here, I see us getting a speedster who can actually get separation.

imo we already have a speedster in Gates ,only if he can get better at route running and better catching the ball , imo if its peyton throwing Gates the ball there will be touch on it so Gates with a lil more pratice he will only get better.

2008 - Carey was not good at LT and we did not have any RT. Nobody!
2009 - We agree
2010 - Our line was Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey - at the end of 09 season projected as a top 5 line. If you look at depth chart going into draft there were no massive needs, but Ferguson has just been suspended for 8 games and FO wanted a better passrush and more rotation out of front. Im not saying I agree and maybe this is the one year u have an argument, but Ireland 100% had the intention of starting Odrick with Starks at NT.
2011 - We had Incognito playing Centre and if not Joe Berger! Centre was definately a need!

big arguement on 2008. Carey was an ok LT not the best but ok far from the biggest hole on the team. Qb had John Beck and thats about it. Wr was a bigger hole than LT

He never filled qb so your statement isnt true. Jared Odrick was not in our weakest spot. LT was not our weakest spot when we drafted Long, C was not our weakest spot last year. Cb may have been our weakest spot .

ok wow, Carey sucked at LT. discussed ad nasuem on here. He got fat and lazy. Maybe not weak spot but weak nonetheless and It was hard to pass up Jake at #1. It is also well documented that we lacked any depth on DL where guys like Merling were not cutting it and Wake hadnt done anything yet and Soliai didnt come on until that season. Our DL needed a strong diverse man in Odrick. Center was a weak spot I dont care what anyone says. We played chicago bears on MNF going through 3 centers that night all getting injured. Our run game sank bigtime. Its the main reason we went with Pouncey at 15 which is well documented with most on here that Pouncey filled a huge need and solidified that position for a long time to come unlike any others since Dwight Stevenson.

I guarantee you with almost 100% certainty, jared odrick wasn't on anybodys wishlist the year he was selected.

we had other holes we could have adressed.

ok wow, Carey sucked at LT. discussed ad nasuem on here. He got fat and lazy. Maybe not weak spot but weak nonetheless and It was hard to pass up Jake at #1. It is also well documented that we lacked any depth on DL where guys like Merling were not cutting it and Wake hadnt done anything yet and Soliai didnt come on until that season. Our DL needed a strong diverse man in Odrick. Center was a weak spot I dont care what anyone says. We played chicago bears on MNF going through 3 centers that night all getting injured. Our run game sank bigtime. Its the main reason we went with Pouncey at 15 which is well documented with most on here that Pouncey filled a huge need and solidified that position for a long time to come unlike any others since Dwight Stevenson.[/QUOTE

I was only disputing the statement that they filled the biggest needs and with exception of Davis that is correct. Never liked Carey at LT but he was an average LT at worse.
When the new regime took over there was no bigger hole or even close to qb.

Back
Top Bottom