Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018

Lazy reporting with only casual knowledge of the team based on gossipy assumptions.

Assumption: Tannehill will get injured because he's injury prone, having 2 injuries within the end of one season and beginning of the next.
Reality: It's essentially one injury (that was mishandled originally). Before that, he had no significant injuries even though he was the most sacked qb in his first 4 years behind porous lines.

Assumption: The o-line will miss their perennial pro-bowler and leader, Pouncy.
Reality: Pouncey had been riding on his reputation (and the family name) for years, has a chronic injury issue, couldn't practice in order to finish a full mediocre season. As for leadership, while I've heard good things, all I know is he hitched his wagon to Hernandez and Incognito (one died in jail, the other's in the looney bin), and was central to the biggest negative team culture issue we ever had. And wanted a raise instead of a restructure. Buh-bye. Niners loved Kilgore and extended him; they just loved the new guy more.

Assumption: We've traded away our most productive WR and passionate player in Landry.
Reality: Low ypc, safety blanket, poor team attitude, easily locked down when outside the slot. We'll miss his production, and his fight for extra yards, but losing the diva attitude and and forcing the ball to be spread around are pluses. And the rookie TE will be THill's new security blanket.

Assumption: Losing Suh, a pro bowl, HOF DT was an embarrassing loss and makes us significantly weaker.
Reality: Overpaid for a consistent double-teamed, but unspectacular DT who was a poor team leader. More a salary dump and spread that out to Spence and Quinn, adding a pro bowl DE and hoping to plug the middle by committee.

Assumption: Kiko Alonso was repeatedly killed last year in coverage, and we only added a 3rd round LB to the unit.
Reality: Kiko was targeted effectively last year, leading to Minkah and Baker, 2 guys drafted specifically to address TE's and RB's in coverage. We get Raekwon back, and he has potential to be good, but LB still a questionable unit.

Assumption: Counting on aging veterans at too many key spots.
Reality: Counting on top notch team-first veteran leaders to model great practice habits and team dynamics. If Gore and Amendola actually produce yards/TDs, nobody will be surprised, but nobody's counting on them to be the focus at their position. Sitton is considered a tremendous upgrade by virtually everyone.

Assumption: No big name talent.
Reality: Deep, young talent at most positions, trading big names and salaries, for a more even talent distribution.

I worry about our ability to stop the run up the middle. I worry that Parker will continue to be what he's shown, but there's more options to throw to now. And if THill does get injured, we're toast, but I have no significant worry about that based on his toughness and minimal actual injury history. Overall, short of catastrophic injury, I can't see us being worse than we were last year, with Cutler/Moore at QB , AWOL players, coked-up coaches, no bye week due to natural disaster, and catastrophic injuries to MLB and QB. I'm looking at 8-8, +/- a game, with a lot of promise moving forward...

Unfortunately, it's doubtful. 2019 QB class isn't expected to be nearly as good as the one we just had.
Lazy reporting with only casual knowledge of the team based on gossipy assumptions.

Assumption: Tannehill will get injured because he's injury prone, having 2 injuries within the end of one season and beginning of the next.
Reality: It's essentially one injury (that was mishandled originally). Before that, he had no significant injuries even though he was the most sacked qb in his first 4 years behind porous lines.

Assumption: The o-line will miss their perennial pro-bowler and leader, Pouncy.
Reality: Pouncey had been riding on his reputation (and the family name) for years, has a chronic injury issue, couldn't practice in order to finish a full mediocre season. As for leadership, while I've heard good things, all I know is he hitched his wagon to Hernandez and Incognito (one died in jail, the other's in the looney bin), and was central to the biggest negative team culture issue we ever had. And wanted a raise instead of a restructure. Buh-bye. Niners loved Kilgore and extended him; they just loved the new guy more.

Assumption: We've traded away our most productive WR and passionate player in Landry.
Reality: Low ypc, safety blanket, poor team attitude, easily locked down when outside the slot. We'll miss his production, and his fight for extra yards, but losing the diva attitude and and forcing the ball to be spread around are pluses. And the rookie TE will be THill's new security blanket.

Assumption: Losing Suh, a pro bowl, HOF DT was an embarrassing loss and makes us significantly weaker.
Reality: Overpaid for a consistent double-teamed, but unspectacular DT who was a poor team leader. More a salary dump and spread that out to Spence and Quinn, adding a pro bowl DE and hoping to plug the middle by committee.

Assumption: Kiko Alonso was repeatedly killed last year in coverage, and we only added a 3rd round LB to the unit.
Reality: Kiko was targeted effectively last year, leading to Minkah and Baker, 2 guys drafted specifically to address TE's and RB's in coverage. We get Raekwon back, and he has potential to be good, but LB still a questionable unit.

Assumption: Counting on aging veterans at too many key spots.
Reality: Counting on top notch team-first veteran leaders to model great practice habits and team dynamics. If Gore and Amendola actually produce yards/TDs, nobody will be surprised, but nobody's counting on them to be the focus at their position. Sitton is considered a tremendous upgrade by virtually everyone.

Assumption: No big name talent.
Reality: Deep, young talent at most positions, trading big names and salaries, for a more even talent distribution.

I worry about our ability to stop the run up the middle. I worry that Parker will continue to be what he's shown, but there's more options to throw to now. And if THill does get injured, we're toast, but I have no significant worry about that based on his toughness and minimal actual injury history. Overall, short of catastrophic injury, I can't see us being worse than we were last year, with Cutler/Moore at QB , AWOL players, coked-up coaches, no bye week due to natural disaster, and catastrophic injuries to MLB and QB. I'm looking at 8-8, +/- a game, with a lot of promise moving forward...
yes you can say all of these but key to dolphins winning will be thill17. he must raise his game to next level top 10qb. carried team on his back until dolphins get more talent....if he can do this adam will be around. if he cannot raised his game to next level adam will get fired.....

Joe Philbin: zero to do with Green Bays super bowl win. And everything to do with Luck being hurt and the Colts sucking. Hell, might as well put Tannehill's knee and Gases 16-17 record on him too.

Tannehill did this multiple times as well
Yeah, and Tannehill had great success making Brian Hartline look like a machine, and in college Ryan Swope. They all thought it wasn't Tannehill as well. I wonder who was right?

Joe Philbin: zero to do with Green Bays super bowl win. And everything to do with Luck being hurt and the Colts sucking. Hell, might as well put Tannehill's knee and Gases 16-17 record on him too.

No but........

Mike McCarthy will never surrender play-calling again, and Packers should benefit
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ing-aaron-rodgers-offense-green-bay/88267466/

This article is 100% about McCarthy taking the play-calling away from Philbin (which lasted 1 year lol).

No but........

This article is 100% about McCarthy taking the play-calling away from Philbin (which lasted 1 year lol).
This quote from the article says it all.

He just won’t be thinking about handing off play-calling anymore, this season or any other.

“I’ll never do that again,” McCarthy said.

Getting the opinions of former players can be a worthless gauge. Ask Ajayi or Landry what they think of Gase's abilities.
The difference being that despite Philbin's douchebaggery and unlike those 2, this player was never perceived to be a distracting, me first assclown!

Back
Top Bottom