Sports Reporters Smack Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Reporters Smack Fins

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
mis·read ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-rd)
tr.v. mis·read, (-rd) mis·read·ing, mis·reads
To read inaccurately.
To misinterpret or misunderstand: misread our friendly concern as prying.

Mis read, Mis-interpretation... Same thing
exactly!;)

I saw the segment, and although it might have been a slam, they made some quality points.

1. IF Brian becomes QB, he had BETTER offensive weapons in Denver.

2. They commented that Miami was no longer Florida's team, I think thats obvious being the SB winner is from Florida.

3. All but one, and I don't know which one stated that Jay could not lead this team to the championship, but the one who disagreed brought up Dilfer, and the other stiffs that won, including Brady.

I don't think they slammed this team, people still think that you need a great QB to win the SB, which is no longer the case.

Who cares, Lupica? His opinion means what? I am sorry and do not want to start this debate again but i feel that we are as good 123 at qb as anybody in the league. Yes there are many qbs better than Jay, but when you add Griese and a #3 that is solid and our future qb, we are set. I like jay, he wins. he will make plays that help us win. The weak spot for jay is when everyone else has collapsedand is left up to him to put the team on his shoulders with little time left, he wont consistently handle that, but noone will. yes he didnot play extremely well in the drive from the 4 in NEwhen we needed him to be the one to get it done after the rest of the team quit or appeared to quit, but come on what do people expect, the pats brought no less than 6 each play. Every time at least one came clean giving jay fits and no time, none. bad play calling contributed as much as anything; we should have thrown a swing pass to ricky instead of calling for a 3 step drop on second after it became apparant that was NE plans.

My point? We had some breakdowns last year, things we cant have happen again. was the qb position the cause for all our ills? when Jay was down, the position hurt us, yes. But Jay did play a significant role in our success, no he wasnt the focus, rickey was, but when jay was in, the defenses had to play honest. So I do believe Jay can take us where we need to go. He doesnt have to carry us, we know have 3 Oronde Gadsdens, 2 which are faster, last year we had none. This year our receivers are balaced between game breakers and possession types, plus a TE that I believe will be among the elite. AND of course the best rb in the league in Rickey.

As far as defense well i think the players we added address the fade issue, junior will not quit, nor will sammy and their attitudes are contagious, not to mention we have better depth.

Lupica says Jay nor Brian can lead us? Are you speaking from your vast experience playing in the NFL? or are you playing an expert on TV? Which is it Mike?

once again, the so called experts dont know what miami's problem was last year. it wasnt jay fiedler and it wasnt brian griese. and another thing, if everyone is talking about these two it means one thing, that everyeone is talking about it. which means that the potential for a super bowl is great, especially when we dived with ray lucas last year. they know deep down that our problems were injuries all at teh same time time to key people, they just wont recognize it. it has nothing to do with wether jay or brian is good enough. everyone knows they are. its the coaching and overcoming injury's and the december fade. thats all it comes down to.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
As ive said time and time again, if Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can do it, then fiedler can do it if he stays healthy....

Don't forget......those 2 had dominating D's. ON paper our D looks dominant. I want to see it on the field. And none of this dominant at home and suck on the road crap that we've had the last few years. Than I'll believe Fielder can lead this team to a SB

Lupica, Ryan and LeBastard may be the ultimate collection of pencil neck geeks. I think the closest any of them have come to athletic endeavors would be playing dungeons and dragons in their mom's basements.

Originally posted by Miamian
Not to mention Rich Gannon.

Rich Gannon may have been a late bloomer, but he is ANYTHING BUT an average QB. I don't consider Tom Brady to be a stiff either, but that's my opinion. Those two QBs were major contributors in their teams' Super Bowl runs. Trent Dilfer, on the other hand, didn't even complete half his passes in the Ravens' postseason run and simply rode one of the best defenses in NFL history.

Originally posted by inFINSible
That had NOTHING to do with that post.....I was scratching my head trying to figure out what YOU were talking about.....he just snuck that post in there when I wasn't looking.
trying to figure out what i said!
we have very few big time players in miami
what could be more negative than that?:tongue:

I was reading his post, not his signature, so I had no idea what you were talking about.

inFIN, man, is that YOU?!?

I was reading his post, not his signature, so I had no idea what you were talking about.

What's up, dude?!? Is that you in the sig?

CAAAAAAAAPTAIN inFINsible!!! And awaaaay!!! ;) :D

Pretty cool, man. Pretty cool.

It's me!!

But it's not Captain inFINSible!! That's my real indentity!

I'M OWL MAN!!!!

LMAO!

I'M OWL MAN!!!!

:chuckle:

You need to start your own comic book!

In the early nineties I attended a Halloween party that got busted by the cops. There were like a hundred people walking around in all kinds of costumes, all over the place. So many people that there were three or more squad cars lighting up the whole joint, yelling at people to leave and go home. Basically, just trying to get everyone to disperse.

My friends and I had - e'hmmm - been on a long "trip" that night (forgive me, I was in college)... anyway, I'll never forget my one friend who was dressed up as Batman... he had the mask, the pointed ears, everything. And he also had this huge black cape flapping all around with his arms outstretched. I'll never forget it.

Just as I'm starting to get a little nervous about the situation and wanting to gather my crew and go home, my one friend decides to "fly" on over to the nearest cop and say, "You know what? You know whaaat? YOU KNOOOOW WHAAAT?!?" The cop is totally annoyed by this point and he yells back at him, "NO, WHAT?!?"

"I'm BATMAN!!!" And then he flies away.

Sick, man. Just sick. I think we laughed for about three days over that one.

[sigh] I miss college sometimes.

Going home. Have a good weekend, inFIN! Oops, I mean... OWL MAN! :lol: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's me!!

But it's not Captain inFINSible!! That's my real indentity!

I'M OWL MAN!!!!

You look like Quail Man from Doug.:lol:

Originally posted by PhinKev
I was just watching the Sports Reporters on ESPN and they did a segment on Brian Griese. Instead of making the usual QB controversy conversation, they just went off on both Fiedler and Griese saying neither could lead the Dolphins to the Superbowl.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I think either could.

I didn't see it at all. what al lwas said leading up to that remark? If it was about Wannstedt's game day coaching, i could agree, but most anything else would make me go :confused: :confused: :confused: :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom