Sportscenter: Ultimate Depth Chart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportscenter: Ultimate Depth Chart

the reason ESPN labeled the Jets 4th is because they supposedly don't have playmakers(really? then what exactly are Coles and Washington?) and of course the bashed Pennington's arm strength(even though I agree that it may not be the most powerful arm in the East, but at least he gets it done for his team) while we FinFans are still questioning our QB's, although that may change here soon.

And the defense thing is stupid, we should be #2, but that could be because "Jaws" is saying that with the age of our D we're not as good as what the Jets have in younger players

I just dont like how Jaws seemingly puts the Jets ahead of us because they picked up Revis in the draft. CB is usually one of the biggest hit-and-miss positions in the draft yet them taking him vaults them past us? Oh well, hes just one more guy who will be suprised by what this team does this year.

I'm not going to say the Jets have a bad defense, because they have some nice pieces. However all over the defensive side of the ball we have playmakers. Sure our secondary may not be the best but they can hold their own in most cases.

As for offense I think we have the potential to be #1 or #2 but should be listed as #3.

I agree with the Jets to #2 thing cuz of Revis, just wait till he gets BURNED by Ginn or Chambers, then they'll see.

i think we have the best D and one of the worst offenses. how are the pats the best, when they have a worse line backing corp than us, our front line is as good if not better (jt, nuff said), and their secondary is without samuels???

very simple: ESPN considers A Thomas a much bigger signing than Joey Porter. While I love having Joey Porter, A Thomas was #1 on my list, Porter #2.

They said that we have the number 2 offense for AFC east.. But what bothered me was that they said miami has the number #3 defense in the AFC east Behind Pats and Jets, I guess this is due to our 2nd dary agree or disagree..

So you didn't mind being ranked too high in the O dep't but minded being ranked too low in the D dep't? We should have been #2 in O and you should have been #2 in D but he had us opposite.

2006 total defense, we were 4th in the NFL and the Jests were 20th. In the AFC alone we were still 4th in total defense and they were 11th out of 16 AFC teams. Everybody has their opinions, but that is total BS for them to state that. I never believed that whole thing about ESPN hating us, but after this, maybe everyone was right. Oh well, we will show them this year.

You were 5th in points, we were 6th and teams ran out the clock on you guys alot so that saved points. We gave up just 12 more points than Miami last year but I still think you deserved the #2 ranking on D.

Any fan that does not see Miami as having a great d is blind.....

I still hate the Fins, but I can see the obvious....

Great is too strong of a word, their D is very good not great.

this is what ticks me off, how can you say pats defense is better then ours when they havent even played one down with adalius thomas. just because pats sign someone, it doesnt mean that he cant be a bust as a FA.i belive we have number one defense because we proved that we had a better d last year and we have chemistry which we dont know if NE have it with adalius thomas addition and asante samuels not present.As for offense, i belive that we are the number three offense because pats of course are always number one in our division and we cant be ahead of jets because they have played together already and got great chemistry together and we have a lot of changes on our offense so i cant say we are better.

So you can't say NE is the best w/ Thomas b/c he hasn't played a down w/ them but you can say Miami is best w/ Porter who hasn't played a down for you? and how was Miami's D better last year when you were 5th in PA while NE was 2nd?

I think New England's #1 on offense is based on potential. Of course, if Randy's attitude goes sour again, Donte's hamstrings pull again, and Maroney gets hurt, that offense doesn't look nearly as formidable.

On defense, I think we got dinged because our young d-linemen haven't proven themselves and our secondary is suspect. I still think our D is better than the Jets at least.

well i look at it this way id rather them post the dolphins as 3rd best because last year we were supposedly contenders to win the superbowl... that worked out real well. i like to stay on the sleeper side :D

AFC East: Best Offense
1) New England
2) Miami
3) NY Jets
4) Buffalo

AFC East: Best Defense
1) New England
2) NY Jets
3) Miami
4) Buffalo

The Jets defense is better than Miami's? Jaws must be drinking the Kool-Aid again.

Well, considering Jaws knows way more about Offenses then Defenses, I normally take him way more seriously on what he has to say on Offenses then Defenses.

Personally I believe Miami has the #2 Offense in the AFC east, and the #1 defense.

AFC East: Best Offense
1) New England
2) Miami
3) NY Jets
4) Buffalo

AFC East: Best Defense
1) New England
2) NY Jets
3) Miami
4) Buffalo

The Jets defense is better than Miami's? Jaws must be drinking the Kool-Aid again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate the argument of our defense being too old....it is BS. We have gotten ALOT younger on the line lately with Roth, Wright, Evans, Soliai. Our linebackers arent the youngest guys around but Crowder definately brings youth to that department. Our DBs are a fairly young group with Daniels and J. Allen and its not like Hill and Bell or W. Allen and A. Goodman are that old. WE have a relatively young D I think.

Back
Top Bottom