Sportscenter: Ultimate Depth Chart | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportscenter: Ultimate Depth Chart

im just thinking jaws read the teleprompter backwards maybe he meant our O is 3rd best in the afc and our D is 2nd. Its still wrong though IMO our D is 1st.

So i was just reading on ESPN.com that they now were doing the ultimate depth chart for the entire AFC, not just the east. Our D still got props by Merril Hoge for being the best in the AFC. I'm proud of that, considering we have to compete with D's like Baltimore, SD, NE, etc.. so awesome. His reasoning was that we already had a great D and the addition of Porter makes us better (makes sense). Here's a link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2905182

also, I think its hilarious that Joey Theisman is still picking patsies all the way. I'm starting to believe they'll be his pick in all the NFC ultimate depth charts too hehe. and sorry to post this in the old afc east thread, but figured it fit well anyway

I guess this is due to our 2nd dary agree or disagree..

If it's the secondary, I don't know why. The Pats' secondary should be considered a pretty big question mark at this point, anyway. Samuels has given every indication that he'll sit out until the 10th game. Rodney Harrison may or may not be effective; he's getting older and he's been injured alot.

You were 5th in points, we were 6th and teams ran out the clock on you guys alot so that saved points. We gave up just 12 more points than Miami last year but I still think you deserved the #2 ranking on D.

I was just stating the Def theory that we were behind the Jets. On O, we should have been lower. I was saying that this was a total BS call by the talking heads at ESPN, who don't know squat about rankings, or football for that matter. Technically we should be #1 in def as ours was even better then the Pats is stats. But on O we should have been 4th in the AFC East.

You were 5th in points, we were 6th and teams ran out the clock on you guys alot so that saved points. We gave up just 12 more points than Miami last year but I still think you deserved the #2 ranking on D.

I was just stating the Def theory that we were behind the Jets. On O, we should have been lower. I was saying that this was a total BS call by the talking heads at ESPN, who don't know squat about rankings, or football for that matter. Technically we should be #1 in def as ours was even better then the Pats is stats. But on O we should have been 4th in the AFC East.

I agree you should start out ahead of us on D but NE's was beter than you guys last year and they deserve to start this year as being cosidered #1.

I agree you should start out ahead of us on D but NE's was beter than you guys last year and they deserve to start this year as being cosidered #1.

Actually in total defense Miami was #4 in the NFL, and the Pats were #6, and Miami had also the disadvantage of an Offense that kept putting the Defense in very bad situations. So on paper, the Pat's D was not better then Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Actually in total defense Miami was #4 in the NFL, and the Pats were #6, and Miami had also the disadvantage of an Offense that kept putting the Defense in very bad situations. So on paper, the Pat's D was not better then Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

NE was 2nd in points allowed while Miami was 5th and NE D's played in big games while Miami did not and Miami's opponents had leads and played conservative so that skews the #s as well. Miami faced 5 more rush attempts per game than NE b/c teams were trying to protect leads.

Yeah, Awesome ESPN is on crack now. WTF?! Our DEFENSE is way better than the Bills', Jets', and the Patriots' defense.

What's next Nick Saban was the best coach after in 2 seasons and then departure back into College Football?!!

i disagree big time with Jaws. Our defense is easily number one but i was shocked he put us at #2 offense.

i disagree big time with Jaws. Our defense is easily number one but i was shocked he put us at #2 offense.

I would assume (unbiased) that even NFL players that read this article including the Jets and NE would have to disagree with Jaws as well and admit that unconditionally Miami has the best defense in the AFCE

AFC East: Best Offense
1) New England
2) Miami
3) NY Jets
4) Buffalo

AFC East: Best Defense
1) New England
2) NY Jets
3) Miami
4) Buffalo

The Jets defense is better than Miami's? Jaws must be drinking the Kool-Aid again.
what else is in that kool aid i say 1 in defence and tied for 3or4 in offence

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but most real experts have us ranked ahead of the Jets and either on the same level or ahead of the Pats on defense.

I honestly think it's fair the pats are ranked as the number 1 defense, as I see it the possible reasons are:

Pats was second best in points allowed in the entire league, even though they played without their 2 starting safeties(harrison, Wilson) for almost the entire season. Furthermore they lost their 3rd best cb in Randall Gay and their ilb Junior Seau.

The patriots D-line is young and one of the best(if the not the best in football), and it only gets better year by year(this year Ty Warren had a breakout season).

The addition of Adalius Thomas upgrades the entire unit.

The Dolphins have a very good D as well, but i still think they are a tad behind the pats, especially if you look at last year and the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom