Stafford traded to Rams | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

I don't think you're grasping the insane cost to dump off Goff's horrendous contract. The Rams were probably high-fiving all around to be rid of that nightmare contract owed to a subpar QB. I'm pretty sure the extra first round and the second round were paid to compensate for accepting Goff.
So you are saying that the Rams only traded two first round picks and and a third round pick to get rid of the Goff contract. I guess that means if they had been looking to upgrade their QB position and they weren’t paying Goff all that money. They would have only offered the Lions a third round pick for Stafford. Because that is what some posters on here claimed the Lions would get for Stafford.

I have no doubt the Rams were happy to get rid of Goff and his contract but I think the Lions would have been able to get 2 first round picks from any team that wanted to trade for Stafford. The Rams probably threw in the 3rd round pick as a thank you for taking Goff off their hands.

So you are saying that the Rams only traded two first round picks and and a third round pick to get rid of the Goff contract. I guess that means if they had been looking to upgrade their QB position and they weren’t paying Goff all that money. They would have only offered the Lions a third round pick for Stafford. Because that is what some posters on here claimed the Lions would get for Stafford.

I have no doubt the Rams were happy to get rid of Goff and his contract but I think the Lions would have been able to get 2 first round picks from any team that wanted to trade for Stafford. The Rams probably threw in the 3rd round pick as a thank you for taking Goff off their hands.

No they included add compensation to do so. Meaning the Rams wrote a shity contract for Goff and then in order to move him had to give up more compensation had it been a more team friendly contract.

It is also why I don't think it's apples to apples with Watson.

If rams dont win SB it terrible trade..Stafford might be little better than goeff.. it not that much off difference...

If rams dont win SB it terrible trade..Stafford might be little better than goeff.. it not that much off difference...
may b jus me but staff way butter than goof. staff infect entire o with pos mojo and score e z.
how long seems a question.

The Broncos offered Drew Lock and the 9th overall pick for Stafford....If you trade for a QB now...you are going to pay for it.

you are going to pay
exactly why i want the Jets to do something crazy like draft a non QB at 2. I want the haul we will get for Fields, i dont want the Jets to get it. Really wish Gase was still there because being the smartest guy in the room, I think he would draft the 4th rated QB at number 2

Back
Top Bottom