Stafford traded to Rams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

i just looked up and the rams play the nfc central next year. Stafford will have fun going against the packers, vikings and bears with a better team.
The Lions actually visit LA, that should be a real fun day for Goff....

not as pricey as first appears since R1s are '22 and '23 but still... Seems pretty damn rich.

Stafford might light it up for the Rams and he better because that's a big roll of the dice.

Looked at Rams drafting and they seem to trade R1s like candy. Seems like a weird strategy.

I'm not sure this affects Watson's price much. The expectation was that Stafford would net a 1st and maybe some filler. The extra first seems to be a payment for taking on Goff's contract. So Stafford went for about what was expected. What is new is that the NFL seems to be more open to these NBA-style trades where your basically buying draft capital or using draft capital to off-load contracts. The Dolphins did that with Tannehill. And there was the Osweiller trade.

To get DW your looking at 2 first rd, Tua and 3rd... it not bad trade by Rams.. they picking in later 20s any way. The pressure will be on Stafford. Did rams closed cap?? Still got beat GB,TB,N.O,Sea..four best team in nfc..

Last edited:
not as pricey as first appears since R1s are '22 and '23 but still... Seems pretty damn rich.

Stafford might light it up for the Rams and he better because that's a big roll of the dice.

Looked at Rams drafting and they seem to trade R1s like candy. Seems like a weird strategy.
The rams have this very strange strategy that they are always competing for a super bowl. They have been spending money and handing out draft picks like crazy. Mcvay is a damn good coach but eventually all of that will catch up to them. Can't expect a 100 percent hit rate on late rounders and keep the team together with no money.

Stafford will be better than goff that is for sure. I saw a Stat that said since goff joined the league he only averages 4 ypa after getting sacked or hit. Flores in both games made it his sole mission to knock him around every chance they got. Every game goff looked in over his head.

IMHO, Stafford is a LOT better ... but then I never rated Goff. The contract, as I mentioned .. was nutz. Looking at the Brady's of hte world, that would indicate that Stafford has another decade ... GM's generally don't last that long, so it's fine.
I don't know if you want to look at "the Brady's of the world" as a GM when you do these kinds of things.

Counting on someone playing at a high level into their 40s is pretty risky taters.

Great QBs aren't 74-90 in their career.
Stafford hasnt really ever had a great group of skill players along with a solid defense. Detroit has been mediocre with an occasional elite player for many years...

You can have all first rd pick in world. the problem w dolphins? we dont draft good in first rd.

Back
Top Bottom