Stafford traded to Rams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

Unless Detroit thinks they can turn Goff around, which doesn't seem likely if it didn't happen with Sean McVay.

I think they make a move for a quarterback. They are within striking distance. It also gives the Lions more ammo so that they don't have to trade their 2022 #1 pick, which I think will be top 5.
I said it earlier in this thread... What if Detroit is trying to get enough ammo to offer to Jax for #1? They could turn around and trade Goff again and I’m sure they’d get at least a #2 hell maybe even a #1 for somebody like Indy? That’d be an awful lot to offer to Jax.

And if it won us a Super Bowl you’d be right up their hooping and hollering with me.
I'm a fan of the team.

If we won the Super Bowl I'd be celebrating, not thinking about how we overpaid in a past trade.

With your logic, as long as you win the Super Bowl once, nothing matters.

Why stop at 5 first round picks. Trade 6 of them, or 10 of them.

I don't think this is a bad deal for the Rams. They get a significant upgrade at QB to try to win the Superbowl now while they have a great defense, and they get to dump Goff's anchor of a contract.
Just curious.....why do you see Stafford as such a significant upgrade?

I said it earlier in this thread... What if Detroit is trying to get enough ammo to offer to Jax for #1? They could turn around and trade Goff again and I’m sure they’d get at least a #2 hell maybe even a #1 for somebody like Indy? That’d be an awful lot to offer to Jax.
Nobody is trading a first for Jared Goff, even if his contract wasn't the proverbial albatross.

Also, Jacksonville isn't trading their pick.

I'm a fan of the team.

If we won the Super Bowl I'd be celebrating, not thinking about how we overpaid in a past trade.

With your logic, as long as you win the Super Bowl once, nothing matters.

Why stop at 5 first round picks. Trade 6 of them, or 10 of them.
That’s exactly right. As long as we won 1 who cares. It’s been since 73 since we won a Super Bowl. That’s damn near a lifetime ago. Who’s to say we don’t go our entire lives without a winning one? Bc it’s possible. I want to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I don’t care about future generations I care about us right now.

Nobody is trading a first for Jared Goff, even if his contract wasn't the proverbial albatross.

Also, Jacksonville isn't trading their pick.
Yep and people said no way Stafford goes for a 1st. Well they were right he went for 2 plus a 3 and a 26 year old former #1 overall pick.

If your Indy or even NO... you wouldn’t trade 1 of those late 1sts for Goff? You’d rather go with Taysom Hill? Jameis Winston? Rookie? Goff is better than all of them. I’m not saying hes great or elite but pair him with Frank Reich or Sean Payton and I’d like my chances. Also Goff will now have a chip on his shoulder to prove something.

That’s exactly right. As long as we won 1 who cares. It’s been since 73 since we won a Super Bowl. That’s damn near a lifetime ago. Who’s to say we don’t go our entire lives without a winning one? Bc it’s possible. I want to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I don’t care about future generations I care about us right now.
I get it, but nothing is guaranteed.

That's why you don't make ridiculous trades.

You have to field a team that has a chance to win a Super Bowl in the somewhat foreseeable future.

That's not just 2021. That's '22, '23, '24.

No team manages themself to win once, then suck. They are all looking for sustainable success.

Yep and people said no way Stafford goes for a 1st. Well they were right he went for 2 plus a 3 and a 26 year old former #1 overall pick.

If your Indy or even NO... you wouldn’t trade 1 of those late 1sts for Goff? You’d rather go with Taysom Hill? Jameis Winston? Rookie? Goff is better than all of them. I’m not saying hes great or elite but pair him with Frank Reich or Sean Payton and I’d like my chances. Also Goff will now have a chip on his shoulder to prove something.
That wasn't me.

I knew Stafford would bring a first or more.

They need to fall in love with Fields or Wilson and trade to #3 with us to get him! Lol
Unless it was a cheap price, I simply can't see falling in love with Fields or Wilson enough to move up to 3 from 7.

One thing I will say is I think teams should not get too enamored with college football players because of a big 2020 season. It was a funky year and a lot of strange things happened....teams were just trying to get on the field and with covid limiting practices, game preparation and player availability, numbers could easily get skewed. When you take a look at Zack Wilson, who had a 33/3 TD/INT ratio, you have to remember he's the same guy that 11/9 the year before.

I get it, but nothing is guaranteed.

That's why you don't make ridiculous trades.

You have to field a team that has a chance to win a Super Bowl in the somewhat foreseeable future.

That's not just 2021. That's '22, '23, '24.

No team manages themself to win once, then suck. They are all looking for sustainable success.
Philly is making a pretty good argument against you. I know they went back to the playoffs the next year and beat Chicago before losing to NO but since then? Nada

Ask any Philly fan if they care about these past 2 losing seasons. 9/10 are going to say who cares we won a Super Bowl.

Philly is making a pretty good argument against you. I know they went back to the playoffs the next year and beat Chicago before losing to NO but since then? Nada

Ask any Philly fan if they care about these past 2 losing seasons. 9/10 are going to say who cares we won a Super Bowl.
That's fan talk.

I'm talking about what an actual competent football organization would do.

Unless it was a cheap price, I simply can't see falling in love with Fields or Wilson enough to move up to 3 from 7.

One thing I will say is I think teams should not get too enamored with college football players because of a big 2020 season. It was a funky year and a lot of strange things happened....teams were just trying to get on the field and with covid limiting practices, game preparation and player availability, numbers could easily get skewed. When you take a look at Zack Wilson, who had a 33/3 TD/INT ratio, you have to remember he's the same guy that 11/9 the year before.
He improved! Like Joe Burrow!

That's fan talk.

I'm talking about what an actual competent football organization would do.
Well seeing as how we are fans and not in the FO...

All BS aside I get what you’re saying you want a sustained run and I’m not disagreeing with you. Yes it’d be nice to be in the mix every year. But I’m saying I’d trade all that for 1 Super Bowl win.

DW gives us as good a shot as we’re ever going to have. That’s all I’m saying. And to me it’s worth the 1st rounders. I know most are going to say oh hell no 1st rounders are this and that but KC ain’t picking in the top 10 every year. Neither is GB NO Seattle Pittsburgh Baltimore or NE during their 20 year run. The formula is proven. A true franchise QB is basically required to win a Super Bowl.

Well seeing as how we are fans and not in the FO...

All BS aside I get what you’re saying you want a sustained run and I’m not disagreeing with you. Yes it’d be nice to be in the mix every year. But I’m saying I’d trade all that for 1 Super Bowl win.

DW gives us as good a shot as we’re ever going to have. That’s all I’m saying. And to me it’s worth the 1st rounders. I know most are going to say oh hell no 1st rounders are this and that but KC ain’t picking in the top 10 every year. Neither is GB NO Seattle Pittsburgh Baltimore or NE during their 20 year run. The formula is proven. A true franchise QB is basically required to win a Super Bowl.
I can't believe the Rams gave up their '22 and '23 firsts for a 33 year old QB (next week).

I will shake my head when the Texans get like three first rounders for Watson (and that will be the better deal).

Talk about "win now" mode (for the Rams).

Back
Top Bottom