Stafford traded to Rams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

Didnt Goff have like an 80% comp % in that playoff game vs Green Bay? Not his fault Rams D was **** without Aaron Donald healthy.

In the last 20 years the Patriots had 6 seasons with no 1st round pick. They drafted 6 “elite” players (Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins, McCourtey, Jones, Hightower). The rest of their picks have been average starters to flat out busts. When you have amazing coaching and a franchise QB 1st round picks are kind of a luxury.
He's Matthew Stafford. He's a good quarterback. But he's borderline top 10 (Personally, I don't think he's top ten.....and that's not even taking into account that there are a lot of guys who might be under him but are younger).

Not buying that Stafford is the guy to lead a team to Superbowl considering he's been in the league 12 years and never even won a playoff game.

I assume Goff is a stopgap. So, Detroit still could look to move up for a quarterback.
I was thinking the same but @hoops thinks this means they aren't in the QB market for the time being.

I think they'd be nuts to pass on a QB in this draft (if they love one) just because you traded for Goff.

Rams fans get to feel a bit of what the Texans felt when Chris Grier took Bill OBrien for that little trip out behind the woodshed.
I don't think this is a bad deal for the Rams. They get a significant upgrade at QB to try to win the Superbowl now while they have a great defense, and they get to dump Goff's anchor of a contract.

Didnt Goff have like an 80% comp % in that playoff game vs Green Bay? Not his fault Rams D was **** without Aaron Donald healthy.
And he was twelve days removed from having surgery on a dislocated thumb on his throwing hand.

Rams have a history of overpaying players and then making them scapegoats. They did it with Todd Gurley, giving him a ton of guaranteed money two years before his rookie contract was going to be up knowing that his knees were in bad shape. Goff is gone alongside two first round picks not because of his production, but because Sean McVay felt the need to finger point.

Why is it ridiculous? What guy could we select in the 1st round is going to help us right now more than DW? The answer is not 1 unless it was TLaw which we can’t get and even then he’s not as good as DW right now and theirs no guarantee he ever will be.

If LA wins a Super Bowl will it still be ridiculous? If I came to you and said Miami is going to completely suck for 9 of the next 10 years but next year Miami will win the Super Bowl. Would you make that deal? Bc I sure as hell would. 1 Super Bowl is worth 10 years of suckage.
Interesting. I've had that discussion with fans of various teams. Say 1 SB win and 10 years of 0-5 wins vs. 11 winning seasons, 6-9 playoffs, 1 or 2 conference championships, but no SB win or something like that? I might take the latter.

I don't think this is a bad deal for the Rams. They get a significant upgrade at QB to try to win the Superbowl now while they have a great defense, and they get to dump Goff's anchor of a contract.
I like Matthew Stafford, and I understand Goff's contract, but giving up that much draft compensation stings.

I was thinking the same but @hoops thinks this means they aren't in the QB market for the time being.

I think they'd be nuts to pass on a QB in this draft (if they love one) just because you traded for Goff.
I'm not sure they will be in love with one at 7. Lawrence gone at 1....next two up likely Fields and Wilson in no particular order. Without moving up, they at best would be looking at getting the leftover between Fields and Wilson, at worst probably looking at getting a guy like Trey Lance. Personally, I don't see those three as anybody that you would need to draft if you had Jared Goff in house.

I'm not sure they will be in love with one at 7. Lawrence gone at 1....next two up likely Fields and Wilson in no particular order. Without moving up, they at best would be looking at getting the leftover between Fields and Wilson, at worst probably looking at getting a guy like Trey Lance. Personally, I don't see those three as anybody that you would need to draft if you had Jared Goff in house.
They need to fall in love with Fields or Wilson and trade to #3 with us to get him! Lol

I like Matthew Stafford, and I understand Goff's contract, but giving up that much draft compensation stings.
The reason it's a bad deal for the Rams starts with the signing of Goff to that contract. Give Goff a reasonable deal and at 26 he's certainly as valuable as Stafford is at 32. A lot of people really seem to be overestimating Stafford IMO. The Rams are giving up a couple of first round picks because of how shortsighted they were financially. Same thing happened when they gave a gimpy Todd Gurley so much guaranteed money. That was such a bad deal that then ended up getting absolutely nothing for him except a cap hit.

Unless Detroit thinks they can turn Goff around, which doesn't seem likely if it didn't happen with Sean McVay.

I think they make a move for a quarterback. They are within striking distance. It also gives the Lions more ammo so that they don't have to trade their 2022 #1 pick, which I think will be top 5.

Unless Detroit thinks they can turn Goff around, which doesn't seem likely if it didn't happen with Sean McVay.

I think they make a move for a quarterback. They are within striking distance. It also gives the Lions more ammo so that they don't have to trade their 2022 #1 pick, which I think will be top 5.
That's the pick I want.

#7, #36, and their 1 next year for #3.

Back
Top Bottom