Stafford traded to Rams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

Detroit is sending Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams for Jared Goff 2 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick.

Where are those that were on here saying Stafford wouldn’t go for even 1 1st round pick? Lol he went for Jared Goff 2 1sts and a 3rd.
WOW. I always disliked Goff, and from the Rams perspective that contract is silly bad. But to send a former #1 overall pick who is YOUNG for a former #1 QB who is OLD and the team giving up the young guy ALSO has to give up two 1sts and a 3rd?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? WOWwowWOWwowWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! That's such a statement of Stafford's value, and a real indictment of Goff.

WOW. I always disliked Goff, and from the Rams perspective that contract is silly bad. But to send a former #1 overall pick who is YOUNG for a former #1 QB who is OLD and the team giving up the young guy ALSO has to give up two 1sts and a 3rd?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? WOWwowWOWwowWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! That's such a statement of Stafford's value, and a real indictment of Goff.
I agree, but Goff's contract was a major part of his undesirability (not his fault, that's the Ram's fault).

Somewhat related, the Rams must have thought Stafford was better, and they needed to get out from under Goff's contract.

Not sure Stafford at 33 is 2 first and a 3rd better than Goff, but that was the unique situation the Rams felt they found themselves in, lol.

Rams are undoubtedly looking at a 1-2 year win-now window with this move. With Staffords back, he may not have much more than that in him. I think that injury is gonna catch up with him as he ages.

I said it earlier in this thread... What if Detroit is trying to get enough ammo to offer to Jax for #1?
Urban Meyer was only pursuing the NFL if it meant Trevor Lawrence. That was obvious from listening to his college commentary for two years. It is the reason I mentioned early season that if the Jets qualified for Lawrence it would likely mean Urban Meyer also.

He's not giving away the sole reason he's in the league.

Urban Meyer was only pursuing the NFL if it meant Trevor Lawrence. That was obvious from listening to his college commentary for two years. It is the reason I mentioned early season that if the Jets qualified for Lawrence it would likely mean Urban Meyer also.

He's not giving away the sole reason he's in the league.
I don’t think he would either but at a certain point you have to at least listen to the offer. I mean if you’re talking 4/5 1st rounders plus some other stuff you have to consider it. Jax ain’t just a QB away. Although I agree with you I’m just saying if they make an offer you can’t refuse....

I agree, but Goff's contract was a major part of his undesirability (not his fault, that's the Ram's fault).

Somewhat related, the Rams must have thought Stafford was better, and they needed to get out from under Goff's contract.

Not sure Stafford at 33 is 2 first and a 3rd better than Goff, but that was the unique situation the Rams felt they found themselves in, lol.
IMHO, Stafford is a LOT better ... but then I never rated Goff. The contract, as I mentioned .. was nutz. Looking at the Brady's of hte world, that would indicate that Stafford has another decade ... GM's generally don't last that long, so it's fine.

IMO eating Goff’s massive contract was part of the reason they got two firsts and a 3rd. I also saw that it was “future” first round picks which implies it could be 1sts in 2022 and 2023. Either way adding Stafford makes the Rams hands down the best team in the NFC West.
thats not an opinion , its a fact, the rams had to up the ante for the lions to take his contract.

The Rams just leveraged their future on a 33-year-old QB. Super Bowl or bust now. If they win one, it’s worth it; if they don’t, it’s not.

The McVay era now hinges on this.

Interesting. I've had that discussion with fans of various teams. Say 1 SB win and 10 years of 0-5 wins vs. 11 winning seasons, 6-9 playoffs, 1 or 2 conference championships, but no SB win or something like that? I might take the latter.
would you also buy an afc east champions hat?

Back
Top Bottom