Stafford traded to Rams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stafford traded to Rams

The Lions eating Goffs contract got them a nice payday. Good for them. What are they going to do with Goff?

Honestly I see it a tad different. I think LA is showing that draft picks in certain circles are over valued. Yeah they’re equipped to win now but if it gets them even 1 Super Bowl isn’t it worth it? Draft picks are great to have but once you get them you got to do something with them. Honestly that’s why I’ve come around that trading even 5 1st round picks for DW is worth it. I mean the NFL and LA in particular is showing how valuable a great QB really is.
If they win a super bowl it will have been worth it.

The rest of your post is ridiculous.

Honestly I see it a tad different. I think LA is showing that draft picks in certain circles are over valued. Yeah they’re equipped to win now but if it gets them even 1 Super Bowl isn’t it worth it? Draft picks are great to have but once you get them you got to do something with them. Honestly that’s why I’ve come around that trading even 5 1st round picks for DW is worth it. I mean the NFL and LA in particular is showing how valuable a great QB really is.
In the last 20 years the Patriots had 6 seasons with no 1st round pick. They drafted 6 “elite” players (Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins, McCourtey, Jones, Hightower). The rest of their picks have been average starters to flat out busts. When you have amazing coaching and a franchise QB 1st round picks are kind of a luxury.

Great QBs aren't 74-90 in their career.

Great QBs aren't 74-90 in their career.
I’m not necessarily talking about Stafford. I was referring to guys like DW who are elite level. But I’m Staffords defense he was in Detroit and actually got them to the playoffs a couple times which is an accomplishment in itself.

If they win a super bowl it will have been worth it.

The rest of your post is ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? What guy could we select in the 1st round is going to help us right now more than DW? The answer is not 1 unless it was TLaw which we can’t get and even then he’s not as good as DW right now and theirs no guarantee he ever will be.

If LA wins a Super Bowl will it still be ridiculous? If I came to you and said Miami is going to completely suck for 9 of the next 10 years but next year Miami will win the Super Bowl. Would you make that deal? Bc I sure as hell would. 1 Super Bowl is worth 10 years of suckage.

In the last 20 years the Patriots had 6 seasons with no 1st round pick. They drafted 6 “elite” players (Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins, McCourtey, Jones, Hightower). The rest of their picks have been average starters to flat out busts. When you have amazing coaching and a franchise QB 1st round picks are kind of a luxury.
Exactly

Wow. That's a lot. Stafford's better than Goff...but not THAT much better; and he's older. That said it's win a SB now mode for the Rams, those picks wouldn't have paid off for 2-3 years or more.

Back
Top Bottom