Stan Van Gundy To Coach Magic! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stan Van Gundy To Coach Magic!

Nail meet head. Head meet nail. The best hire, as much as he would've bailed out in 3 years, would've been Larry Brown.

That is what I didn;t like about SVG the most.

Every loss was a disaster and he had the team on pins and needles constantly. He was depressing to listen to in press conferences. Every call was a conspiracy...and he had a knack for the weird substitution.

Like I said...as weird as it was...#1 seed in the east and everybody in town wanted him fired.

Oh I don't doubt that you believe that.
I think there are more Heat fans that feel the opposite way though.
Thanks for the best wishes.

Most of those fans, however, are clueless. They only look at the fact that he took a team with Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal to 50+ wins and choked in the Conference Finals, albeit with an injured Wade, but still. We were up 3-4 with less than 2 minutes to go and it was really coaching that blew it. Lots of awful plays called here and there. SVG was trying to hold the ball for 20 seconds and kill clock instead of drawing up plays. You cannot do that when a team is battling back and hitting every shot.

The guy is a nervous wreck like 126 says, and he's just a regular season coach, IMO. SVG = second coming of Flip Saunders. Well, a poor man's Flip. I don't even think he's that good.

That is what I didn;t like about SVG the most.

Every loss was a disaster and he had the team on pins and needles constantly. He was depressing to listen to in press conferences. Every call was a conspiracy...and he had a knack for the weird substitution.

Like I said...as weird as it was...#1 seed in the east and everybody in town wanted him fired.

I will never forget that substitution in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semi's against Indiana in 2004. Remember when he took out Wade in favor of Eddie Jones with about 2 minutes to go and we completely blew it? Or was that Rafer Alston. I don't know, but I do know that SVG is an awful decision maker when the game is on the line.

He's a mediocre coach, its better than an Unproven pro which is what you would have had with Billy D.

Goo Luck.

I guess I should say, welcome coach Van Gundy/aka Ron Jeremy (you look just like him!) I'm sure he'll do better than the last coach we had that lasted 2 days, and the one before that.:rolleyes2 Please Van Gundy, no more Tragic Magic.:boohoo:

Oh I don't doubt that you believe that.
I think there are more Heat fans that feel the opposite way though.
Thanks for the best wishes.

No Stan is a good coach and you can't compare Riley to him because they had two different teams. Good luck with the Magic. I really like DH myself and hope you guys do really well as long as it does not come at the expense of the Heat. :D

stan is a good coach...the magic will be much improved next season

we gave the heat a second rounder and the option to swap first rounders next year, (lottery protected) big deal.

The Heat got a much much better deal out of it, But the Magic are happy

Back
Top Bottom