Stan Van Gundy To Coach Magic! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stan Van Gundy To Coach Magic!

1 million is fine...but we got alot of compensation for a guy that we had as a consultant for one more year.

:rolleyes2

I can't find a link anywhere yet where any money will be exchanged.
More then likely the Magic will have a better record then the Heat this season so swap 1st rd picks if you like or settle for another second rder.:lol:

More then likely the Magic will have a better record then the Heat this season so swap 1st rd picks if you like or settle for another second rder.:lol:

The Magic will not be better than the Heat.

Not to mentioned your team being swept in the 1st rd didn't look any better then the Magic's.:lol:

More than Likely? :lol:

The Magic will not have a better record than the Heat. Under any circumstances. The heat this year was riddled with Injuries and the Tragic couldn't hold them off anyway.

Just because you are a Magic fan...doesn't have to mean that you have no sense of reality.

As for the compensation...that is ALOT of compensation...a second round pick and a swap of 1st rounders the following year? Pat Williams himself told Dan LeBatard that MONEY was also exchanged. The SunSentinel speculated that 1 million is what the heat asked for.

Like I said...that is ALOT of compensation for a guy that we had as a consultant for one more year (we were paying him NOT to coach).

But our Championship ring does look better than the one you don't have.

What part of my post were you not able to comprehend?
Hint: Talking about the most recent season.:rolleyes2

Listen.. everyone knows you are in this thread for one reason only.
To incite and run smack. I know you are bitter and feel foolish for making
all those outrageous and lofty predictions in your Heat thread.
Sorry it didn't work out the way you spouted off.
It happens. So add something productive or bugger off..

What can I say, Go back where you came from Billy D, and welcome to O-town, Coach Ron Jeremy:D ( He looks JUST like that guy:lol:)

Well at least you are'nt being a smartazz about it.
In fact quite civil.:D

Section just mad because of the plate of crow he had to eat.:lol:

What plate of crow?

Did you see the prediction I made the year earlier? I predicted Heat in 6 over the Mavs......7 months before it happened.

You can't be perfect...but I sure as hell come close.

and I was not in this thread to encite anything...I am a Heat fan and I was just giving you my opinion of SVG...but no matter...after he is fired in 2 years ...you will agree with me.

That is all....you don't have to be so angry over my opinion...it is my opinion. Like I said...SVG is the best coach ont eh planet. If you just want everybody to agree with you...what type of message board would this be?

Put away the popcorn. I am done with this....The Tragic don't deserve this much attention. I do wish them luck though...I like alot of their players...such as Jameer Nelson, Trevir Ariza, and Dwight Howard is a Favorite of mine.

He knows I nailed that prediction the year before...and besides.....I gotta go stare at my Heat Championship banner.

Agreed.
I'll take Ron Jeremy over Eddie Munster any day.

Edit: And I mean that in a non Brokeback way.:D

That is friggin hilarious!

Also, I thought he looked a lot like Ron Jeremy too, but around my home I couldn't risk how it was I knew that. :lol:

Oh, and as far as the Magic go, I don't see where we had much choice. After we got hosed by Donovan the team had to move fast to calm everyone down. I don't know a whole lot about SVG, and some of the comments by Heat fans are a concern. However, I do believe in 2nd chances and that people can learn from their mistakes. To me, SVG seems like a decent guy and I am willing to give him a chance because I think he might have a personality that fits well with our guys.

:) Steve

Van Gundy's contract as a consultant with the Heat stretched through June of 2008, and originally Riley was demanding a first-round pick and $1 million in cash from the Magic, for his release. Riley was, in essence, preying on a desperate Magic franchise wanting to pick up the pieces after being jilted by Billy Donovan.

But even in their frantic state, the Magic weren't going to give in to Riley's demands

The cost for Van Gundy? The Magic had to give up the first of their three second-round picks, No. 39 overall, in the June 28 Draft. Also, the Heat have the right to swap first-round picks with the Magic in next year's draft as long as Orlando isn't selecting in the top 13. If the Heat chose not to swap picks, they will be entitled to the Magic's second-round pick and an undisclosed financial package.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070609/SPORTS/706090343/1002/SPORTS

millions of dollars, huh???

Back
Top Bottom