Start picking an O line for 2022 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start picking an O line for 2022

Too many fans and media mistakenly believe it is easy and, or, common for a QB to stand in the pocket and have plenty of time, or that running backs should have huge holes open for them. In the NFL that rarely happens for any team. The Dolphins OL steadily improved throughout the season and will be just fine if given the opportunity to play together again next season. For OL play continuity is very helpful. Constant changing of OL players is a primary reason the Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Lions etc... have struggled to have consistently winning teams.
Lol. Man do you even watch the games? This is the most ridiculous take I have heard in years.

Too many fans and media mistakenly believe it is easy and, or, common for a QB to stand in the pocket and have plenty of time, or that running backs should have huge holes open for them. In the NFL that rarely happens for any team. The Dolphins OL steadily improved throughout the season and will be just fine if given the opportunity to play together again next season. For OL play continuity is very helpful. Constant changing of OL players is a primary reason the Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Lions etc... have struggled to have consistently winning teams.
So the OL that ranked 32nd in the NFL should bring back all their starters? If you can point me in the direction of whereveer you get your drugs from I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
So the OL that ranked 32nd in the NFL should bring back all their starters? If you can point in the direction of whereveer you get your drugs from I'd appreciate it.

There is no accurate "ranking" of OL play. Too many fans hang their hats on irrelevant computer generated numbers which ignore the nuances of the game.

There is no accurate "ranking" of OL play. Too many fans hang their hats on irrelevant computer generated numbers which ignore the nuances of the game.

Who is talking about numbers. I'm asking what reality you live in to think the Dolphins OL is anywhere near okay to move forward with

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.
You are kidding, right?

All 32 NFL teams use PFF. So it's not just fans hanging their hats on irrelevant computer generated numbers. Of course, there's no accurate ranking maybe they aren't really 32nd but they sure as hell ain't in the top 25 either. Or we could all just listen to the newest guru on the forum.

I'd keep Hunt, and maybe keep Deiter as a back-up Center... that's it. Jackson is a bust and Eiechenberg is almost as bad.
Thank god you are not running the Dolphins. Give up on those two very young players after just 1 and 2 seasons respectively? Seriously...I want to finally get the oline fixed for the first time since the good lines we had with Marino - at a minimum, they arent serviceable as backups?! Jackson is 22, and Eich is 23...How about giving them at least their rookie contract...?

Was wondering if the LIons would trade Taylor Decker, but the cap hit/dead $$ won't allow it for another year or two. Too bad...

Who is talking about numbers. I'm asking what reality you live in to think the Dolphins OL is anywhere near okay to move forward with

The reality is that the Dolphins are 8-8, which is not that bad of a record. The Dolphins offense has been inconsistent this season, and so has the team's defense. If one wants to point fingers and place blame there are a few justifiable targets, but to single out the OL play as somehow being the main culprit is absurd.

Many of those wins were in spite of the OL. I say we get in a legit OL coach, overpay him and get him in here early, and let him help in evaluating and picking what needs to be brought in.
any o-line coach that can turn this o-line around is not overpaid.....he'd be worth every penny

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.
1641341382356.gif

Back
Top Bottom