Start talking #3 officially | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking #3 officially

Agreed for the most part, except the part that involves Parker and Williams in our future.
I agree Parker and Williams will need to be replaced over the next few years but unfortunately they are the best WR’s on the team at this time and it really isn’t possible to replaced 5 or 6 WR’s in one off season. I would hope Williams would be no better than a 5th or 6th WR on the roster next year and Parker the 2nd or 3rd WR. They need a legitimate #1 WR who they can rely on to put pressure on opposing defenses.

I think a lot of us are under the impression we are closer than I believe we really are. We were exposed today. A lot of our weaknesses throughout the season showed today. We couldn’t run the ball. The offensive line today was bullied around. We cannot stop an offense from throwing a crossing pattern across the field to save our life. And we have WRs who can’t catch or get separation.

So how do you fix that?
Needs... RB, WR, Oline, middle LB who can also cover, and a DE who can rush.

IMO there are 2 viable fills that aren’t a reach at 3 that can help fix one of those areas of need.
Parsons or Sewell. That’s it those are the only two people you can take there. Then in my opinion you have to draft top available wide receiver at 18 and hope one of the big three drops to you. Unless you trade up which would be in my opinion the best bet. You trade your 18 pick, next year‘s first round, and one of our seconds this year to get back into the top 10 and to get Smith . Trust me I don’t like the idea of giving up capital but if you get one of those two I said earlier and Smith in this draft you have hit a homerun with just those two guys. Hopefully you keep your 36 pick in the second which I believe the second pic of the second round should be fine and you draft Najee Harris.

just imagine... you come out if the first 2 rounds of this draft with Sewell/Parsons, Smith and Najee.

Last edited:
I love the thought of a premier bruising back plowing his way through the colder playoff games, but I really like the backs we’ve already got and think it would be wasteful to drop pick 18 or even 35 on one. I’d pick up an affordable mixer in FA

I feel, even with Hurns/Wilson back we need a wr as our 1 premier pickup signed
As far as #3, I think you’ve got to take Sewell if not offered at least a 2022 first to move down. If we drop down, bolster the wr group at pick ~8 and edge/lb @18

Brady (2019): 253 ypg 60% 24 TD 8 INT 88 QB rating 57 QBR.
Brady (2020): 290 ypg 65% 40 TD 12 INT 102 QB rating 72 QBR.

Receiving targets make a big difference. We gave our rookie QB coming off a year of rehab and not playing QB the worst group in the NFL and everybody wants to judge him off of it. Pretty ridiculous.

Brady (2019): 253 ypg 60% 24 TD 8 INT 88 QB rating 57 QBR.
Brady (2020): 290 ypg 65% 40 TD 12 INT 102 QB rating 72 QBR.

Receiving targets make a big difference. We gave our rookie QB coming off a year of rehab and not playing QB the worst group in the NFL and everybody wants to judge him off of it. Pretty ridiculous.
Very ridiculous. Also scheme is a big part of it. Gailey had a scheme for Fitz, his scheme is horrible for Tua. We need a scheme similar to what the Saints run.

When I find out what he's using I'll pass it on to you. It's obviously something for butthurt.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
LOL me butthurt? You seem to be the one that's butthurt we didn't draft Herbert. Again, get over it and STFU!!.

Report is the Jets are either trading Darnold or the 1.2; not that it's earth shaking news. But it does suggest QBs are going 1 and 2.

Good luck getting anything more than a rusty trombone for Darnold.

Uh, I was 1 year old when we drafted Marino.

I can tell your and old guy who probably doesn't internet much. And quit whining? you are the one whining we didn't draft herbert!!!! Such hypocrisy.
I never whined about not drafting Herbert, go look at my posts and you will not find any posts that I whined that Dolphins did not drafted Herbert so you are going to look stupid when you do not find any

So DeShaun Watson just said he's "looking forward to the Texans setting a foundation this offseason"

Clearly Watson forgot about his teams draft status. Good luck with that. Houston's best chance at setting a foundation for the future is probably to trade you for a gigantic haul of 1s,2s, and 3s as your personal food bill is huge, and your teams cupboards and fridge are bare.

I thought you were referring to Wilson and BYU defeating a power 5 team this year. I didn’t go back to the 2019 to check who BYU played. In going back and checking the stats for Wilson in those 2 wins, he seemed to play okay in both those games but he onLT threw for 1 TD in each of those games. They did win those games games but it appears both wins were more of a team effort instead of Wilson playing great to lead his team to victory.

Wilson might end up being a good NFL QB but I just don’t see the need to be drafting a QB in the first round or even the second round in the 2021 draft. I think adding talent at the skill positions and adding to the OL is more important than adding another QB. If Tua has better talent around him I think he will be much better next year. If he doesn’t appear to be the long term answer at the QB position after the 2021 season, they can always draft a QB in the 2022 draft. I just don’t think that is going to be necessary but I’ve been wrong before.
I was just putting it out there to those who want us to pick him at 3....bigger teams he didn’t seem to like you said do too much I think both were overtime wins as well

The Falcons, Lions, and Eagles maybe willing to trade their QB’s. So some of the teams in need of a QB

Sermons had knee surgery after the season in 2019 and he spent the off season trying to rehabilitate his knee. He wasn’t 100% percent at the beginning of the season and the Big 10 stating at first there wasn’t going to be a season because of the virus and then deciding to play the season probably affected Sermons as it did many other players.

I don’t have Sermons in the top 3 RB’s I would like to see Dolphin draft in the first 2 rounds but he would be a nice draft pick in the 3rd round if the Dolphins fail to draft a RB in the first two round. I seriously doubt if Harris, Williams, or Etienne will still be on the board in the third round and if the Dolphins don’t draft one of them, Sermons might still be available in round 3.
The first line replied to my post, so I'll only address that one. Again, you don't really know about those teams. They may or may not have moved on yet. Not sure any of those teams have even made a final decision to get a QB. Speculation ... decent speculation, but not fact. At the end of the day, we don't really know.

Back
Top Bottom