• Poll closed .

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
120810_Cohen-1.jpg

My logic is simple. The third preseason game is usually when the starters play most of the game so NOW is the time to see Ryan against another teams #1 defense.

Matt starts at home against Atlanta. Devlin starts the final preseason game.

This is a no brainer. Start him. The Panthers had a terrible defense last season, so it's not like we're throwing him in against Baltimore's first teamers, or something.

the veterans probably wouldn't think highly of Moore getting bumped again so soon. after the garrard and johnson debacles the team needs stability and a sense that the front office knows what the hell they're doing. now shoving the rookie to the front row after a flash against subs in a practice game isn't the way to do that. they will start Moore. I guarantee it.

Good points but this was called a QB competition. Let them compete and whom ever wins i'm good.

Throw him in the fire now. We won't get another chance before opening day.

The kid may surprise.

Split the reps between Moore and the Tannchise 50/50 this week. Whoever looks better gets the nod, and unless whoever did better lights it up do the same the next week. This makes it a legit competition. If they look similar, you let Tanne start.

I think you start Moore and let him play 2 series..and then let RT play the remainder of the 1 st and the the 2 nd and 3 rd. Let devlin play in the 4 th.

120810_Cohen-1.jpg

My logic is simple. The third preseason game is usually when the starters play most of the game so NOW is the time to see Ryan against another teams #1 defense.

Matt starts at home against Atlanta. Devlin starts the final preseason game.
If this is a competition with the 3rd game being a dress rehearsal, why would you pre-determine Moore as the starter without seeing how Tannehill performs against Carolina's 1s?

The decision on the game 3 starter will be made the week prior to the game.

the veterans probably wouldn't think highly of Moore getting bumped again so soon. after the garrard and johnson debacles the team needs stability and a sense that the front office knows what the hell they're doing. now shoving the rookie to the front row after a flash against subs in a practice game isn't the way to do that. they will start Moore. I guarantee it.

I thought this was a competition and the best man should win as philbin has stated over and over again. Ryan has been outplaying playing Matt Since OTAs and shined in week one the preseason. What are we running a plumbers union and seniority counts, lmao, if you get outplayed you get replaced.

Good points but this was called a QB competition. Let them compete and whom ever wins i'm good.

Throw him in the fire now. We won't get another chance before opening day.

The kid may surprise.

Precisely. They termed this a QB competition. The only way to make it legit is give the kid a chance against a real defense. If he looks like a rookie, Moore wins. If he looks like the real deal, the competition extends.

I say start RT now. He's going to make mistakes and there will be bumps but you might as well get that out of the way now rather than wait till next year. Let him learn now and next year he will be better. If we don't start him now then he'll make the mistakes next year and we'll have to wait till 2114 to see him play better. The time is now!!

Ozzy rules!!

If we hear good things from this week's camp, yes. If Tanny reverts to a typical rookie this week, then no. We don't know for sure yet whether or not Tanny has just been super hot or very lucky or the savior we've been waiting for. Right now, I lean towards him being very special. However, I'm gonna let coach decide this week on what the truth really is. fishfanmiami, your poll needed another option: maybe :)

Precisely. They termed this a QB competition. The only way to make it legit is give the kid a chance against a real defense. If he looks like a rookie, Moore wins. If he looks like the real deal, the competition extends.

If this is truly a competition then Tanny earned first reps and a shot to start VS. Carolina

But then again Moore is just not the greatest practice players, so we should all just cut him some slack... ;)

Back
Top Bottom